Kiss

I knew this whole thing was hard on him but I was still curious as to why he had gone away and when he thought he was going to come back. Maisie's birthday is three days away, was going todo this jump and then suddenly appear? I didn't really know what to think at the moment I just know that I really didn't want to argue.

"How is he?" Lily asked as I walked into the waiting room and smiled at them both.

"Asleep at the moment but he's bad. I've never seen him ill before it's weird. He's broken half his ribs, got head injuries, and bruised basically every part of his body. He looks awful." I explained to her and felt bad talking about him like that but it was true, they needed to know the truth also.

"Any idea how long he'll be here?" Matt asked.

"Oh a few days I bet. He had surgery and so has to stay here for a while. I don't mean for you to stay if you don't want to. You should home. It's a long way back, take my car." I insisted feeling in the way again.

"He was asking a question, not asking to leave." Lily scoffed.

"Anyway I still don't know where he's been all this time? I suppose with those people, that group but why?" I hated not knowing things.

"Maybe things got too much." Lily shrugged.

"I was intense this ear. The whole thing must have freaked him out, plus i tried to break up with him so he was probably just trying to avoid that." I sighed a little annoyed by everything. I'm glad I didn't break up with him, because he was the love of my life and in times like this it becomes a lot clearer that this is true.

I really love him.

- - - - -

I wandered into his room knowing that he had woken up later that night. Lily and Matt had gone home but said they were coming back to bring me some things tomorrow morning.

"Hiya." I smiled sitting down beside him. "Feeling any better?"

"yeah but I'm sure if they stopped those drugs coming my way I wouldn't feel great." He joked and just nodded and smiled gently at his joke. "What's wrong? I'm feeling better. What?"

"I'm sorry."

"About what?" He sighed.

"About letting you go, trying to beak up with you. I didn't think I was trying to punish you, but I was trying to punish you. I shouldn't have messed about with something as important as our relationship." I looked down fiddling with the end of his hospital bed.

"Hey!" He puffed a little laugh and reached for my hand.

"I should have stopped you." I shook my head.

"Hey, you couldn't have stopped me. First of all you didn't know where I was going or that i was even going anywhere. Secondly, I was going no matter what. It's my fault. Do not feel guilty about this." Richard smiled and I wondered how he could still remain this calm whilst being in a hospital.

"Why did you take off?" I mumbled.

"I needed some space."

"From me?"

"From everything. I spent a lot of time looking after you--"

"And I appreciate that." I interrupted.

"But I found myself falling in love with you all over again and suddenly you feel the exact opposite and want to break up and it freaked me out." Richard explained and suddenly it made a lot of sense. "It's not your fault, it's mine, I was the one who ran from the difficult conversation and I ended up running of a cliff."

"I don't want to break up you know? I really don't I was having a bit of a freak out too and if I could have run away, I probably would have too. It's weird to say but I don't know who else I would want to spend my time with." I nodded and smiled.

"Look I'm the one screwing things up with us here, not you. I'm sorry you're in the hospital right now. I'm sorry about all of this. I don't what's going on with me, but I'll get better, okay? Things will calm down. I just need you to bear with me, okay?" Richard said and I understood, he needed healing time, so did I really.

"Yeah, anyway, you're sister is here to see you and I think you're dad's on his way also." I said trying change the subject.

"Oh lovely. I assume mum checked herself into the nearest, most expensive spa huh?" He scoffed.

"Uhh yeah actually." I laughed, "Is that usual for you?"

"She stresses easily and doesn't like to confront it. She'll make sure I'm okay before she comes and visits me and by then I'll be absolutely fine and need anyone to visit me." He rolled his eyes and I felt his pain. I laughed a little too.

"Are you glad I'm here though?" I slipped in cheekily.

"Very glad." He grinned and I leant over and kissed me gently on the lips, probably the first time we properly kissed in a while and it felt good. I think I was lacking as we hadn't had sex in over 6 months where as we used to be at it all the time.

"Charlottes here, so I'm going to get a coffee and I'll see you later." I grinned pulling away from he kiss and winking at him before leaving the room and seeing his sister on the way out, she was 25 and with her husband and they went in as I left.