Proud

"This school is fancy." Violet hummed at Rachel's feet.

"It's very fancy V, it's for very smart little girls and boys." She smiled hoisting Violet up onto her hip and holding her there.

"Well I'm smart, can I go here? Please mummy?" Violet pleaded over and over looking at Violet with those cute little eyes.

"You're too young munchkin." Her dad suddenly brushing her cheek.

"I'm a big girl." Violet shook her head angrily at him.

"Oh I know but you have to be 10 years old to come here, you're only 6." He laughed poking her nose.

"And three quarters." Violet rolled her eyes.

"Give it a few years and we'll think about it. You have to be very smart to get in to a school like this v." Rachel said looking around the room. "Or be very rich. Either way." She laughed.

"Hi, I'm Hailey Smiths dad Stephen and you are?" A random guy suddenly asks them.

"I'm Dave, Jenna Colemans dad." He said suddenly feeling very stupid and unsure whether to mention her at all.

"Jenna Coleman? The editor of the paper?" Stephen suddenly exploded with happiness.

"Yeah that's her." Dave agreed.

"Well you must be like the proudest dad here, your daughter is admired by all the younger female and some male students. My daughters about to start her GCSEs do you think Jenna could help her out or..."

"Oh I don't know you'd have to ask her." He said suddenly.

"You must be one proud dad." This guy said sliding his hands into his pockets. "Your daughter is a charm."

"Well I never thought about it but yeah I guess she really is." He smiled back at this stranger happily.

"You really think Jenna could sit down with Hailey and help her out with some of her grades." He started to get a bit pushy.

"Did you want to speak to her yourself. She should be back in roughly 20 minutes now." Dave started to get a bit annoyed his daughter was not just some freak nerd that taught other kids.

"We'll catch you in 20 then. Will you be here?" He asked.

"Probably yes." Dave said getting the nod from Rachel.

- - - - -

"Done anything interesting?" I appeared next to dad as they were stood around talking to a few other parents casually but excuses themselves when I arrived.

"Talked to a lot of parents. They admire you, you know?" Dad smiled at me like he was actually proud for once.

"Admire hey?" I joked.

"I'm serious I've got parents badgering me to get you to teach their kids and study with them." He said all seriously. "Mention your name and they automatically ask."

"Well I am editor of the daily news." I shrugged.

"Im proud of you kid. I'm serious." Dad smiled and felt like for once he actually cared about everything I'd done to get in to this school and stay here.

In Omnia Paratus (AU) - Book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें