Steal?

"Lily are you alright?" I caught her as she walked around dorm that morning, she certainly didn't look alright but I had to ask. She didn't answer anyway. "Lil." I demanded.

"Leave me alone alright?" Lily snapped suddenly. "I get that you're the queen of everything but just for once leave me alone."

"Queen of everything?" I repeated sounding stupidly surprised when I should not be focused on the name calling but what she's actually upset about.

"You think your so damn perfect don't you?" Lily snapped.

"No I don't." I shrugged.

"Don't do that, that modest little act you put on for everyone. 'I'm popular even though I don't want to be.' You're infuriating." Lily shouted at me.

"You're jealous?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Oh who bloody wouldn't be? You've been out with Richard the most popular senior and now you're going out my ex, the most popular in our year. If I'm not jealous, I may as well be some music geek or something." Lily continued her little rant at me.

"Oh really--"

"No, no. It's doesn't end there, you're also great friends with some un populars bringing them along on our group trips. Marty and Tom don't want to hand out with us Jen! They feel obliged to because you're little miss perfect who demands they be there." She was practically screaming at me and I was quite offended.

"Is this what you really think about me?" I mumbled.

"Oh that's not all. You steal my boyfriend, my friends and then claim you're depressed still. Maisie died over 6 months ago now. You can be sad but come on! Richards moved on he's got his girlfriend and you have no right to be jealous of her because you've moved on too."

"Moved on to my boyfriend who's drooled over you since you stepped foot in Ashford and now you think that having childish arguments is healthy? Oh you're wrong. I've had it with you." She finally finished her little rant.

I knew that this was it, I didn't resent her for what she said, most of it was true but I didn't know it bothered her. I should of guessed really.

"You're not exactly perfect." I huffed.

"Oh I know. I'm not you." She snapped again.

"Why don't you chill out and talk to me when you're less angered." I recommended.

"I'm never going to be less angry with you." She shouted at me.

"Lily, please..." I hummed as she walked away from me and went to lesson without me. I felt like a complete idiot.

- - - - -

"Did I steal you?" I asked Matt slowly as we walked holding hands back to campus after our dinner out in town.

"What do you mean?" He laughed looking over at me.

"Did I steal you? You know away from Lily? I mean if I hadn't had showed interest in you, would you be trying to get back together with her?" I asked gently.

"Oh no Jen you did not steal me from Lily. We broke up because of a big fight, nothing to do with you. Where's this coming from?" He asked concerned.

"Well when Lily was having a go at me this morning, she mentioned somethings about how I stole her boyfriend. But I didn't, did I?" I asked for some reassurance.

"No, I make my own decisions Jen." Matt pulled me closer to him and placed an arm around me as we walked down the street.

"When I get back, I need to sort this out with her. I haven't done anything, well, except in her eyes I've been the worst best friend ever, so I suppose all we would do now is be civil with each other, she obviously actually hates me." I said sadly.

"She does not hate you." Matt laughed.

"Why would she keep all these things bottled up and then shout at me for ages if she didn't hate me, hey look her true feeling are out, I'm fine with that." I defended myself.

"Talk to her, I'm sure she'll change her mind." He smiled kissing my cheek.

"Maybe." I hummed walking under the gate and waiting for Matt on the other side to come under.

- - - - -

I walked into dorm, instructed by Matt to apologies and make things better but then I saw her smug little face and I couldn't do it. "Hey." I dumped my bag on the floor.

There was complete silence.

I stared at Lily angrily. "Right ok as long as you're not talking, we need do speak, or in other words I need to talk..."

"...I'm sorry you think I'm this horrible person as well as a horrible best friend but I'm not changing who I am, I've done nothing wrong and frankly, I have not stolen your ex boyfriend. We chose to be together, get over it and grow up yourself from this childish act." I shouted at her like she shouted at me.

"Took you this long to come up with a come back? Wow. At least you admit you're a crappy best friend, now I don't have to shout some more." Lily moaned.

"Oh that's it. I've had it." I screamed slamming my hand down and making a major loud noise. "Hate me, I don't care anymore. Just stay out of my way and try not to speak to me."

"You took the words right outta my mouth." Lily scowled.

"Bye." I moaned closing the door to my dorm in the middle of her sentence so she was interrupted.

- - - - -

"It was horrible, she called me a bad best friend and then I said we should never talk." I admitted to Matt.

"I thought you were going to fix things, not make them worse." Matt frowned at me.

"Oh you should of seen her, I just wanted to whack that smug grin off her stupid little face." I got all angry and turned to Matt aggressively.

"Woah, woah, woah." He grabbed my arms. "Let's chill it, things will work themselves out. They always do."

"I hope you're right." I mumbled.