Bad taco

"I need your help with something." Richard said shaking a little as he sipped the glass of water the waiters had brought over.

"Right." I mumbled feeling suddenly very stupid for agreeing to go out with my ex boyfriend. What could he possibly want from me? I can't give him anything, not even a child.

"The thing is..." He began. "Molly and I--" I sighed straight away. "What? What is it?"

"Well how did I guess that Molly was going to be involved in this some how?" I sighed feeling very very stupid to agreeing to this.

"Can I go on?" Richard rolled his eyes. I nodded at him smiling slightly. "Right so a few weeks ago we went out and we got off our heads drunk, really really bad drunk." He widened his eyes as he spoke.

"Like news year eve drunk or summer party drunk?" I asked leaning in to the conversation.

"Summer party drunk." He confirmed.

"Woah."

"Yeah I know." Richard breathed. "Right so not the point, we were off our heads and we had sex when we got back to my place--"

"Oh god I really don't need to hear this." I frowned and made disgusted faces at him.

"Oh trust me you really do..."

"No, no I don't-- look this conversation just went from 'What am I doing here?' To 'Oh shit why haven't I left yet?'" I moaned at him sitting back in my chair.

"Look just hear me out." He paused. "Molly and I-- well you get the picture and then three weeks later she's on her knees over the toilet throwing up." Richard whispered the last bit.

"Richard!" I hissed at him.

"I need your opinion-- how quick was your morning sickness after we..." He trailed off at the end.

"Oh Richard." I moaned falling back in my chair. "Oh you've screwed up again haven't you?"

"Just answer my question." Richard demanded.

"Three weeks." I ruffled my hair back as I felt myself starting to get hot and tried to calm myself down about this whole situation. "And how long has it been?" I sighed.

"Three and a half weeks." He grumbled hiding his face in his hands.

"Right ok then." I breathed sitting up straightly.

"You're taking this much better than I thought you would." Richard said looking at me up and down.

"Well I mean are you sure she hasn't eaten a bad taco or something?" I said taking deep breaths.

"I don't know." Richard shook his head. "That's unlikely though isn't it?" He hoped I'd say no, but I nodded at his question quickly.

"You're going to be fine." I said as my voice broke, i didn't even know I was tearful really my voice just went and I knew how upset I was instantly. "I mean things work themselves out, your parents they'll get involved and no doubt hers will too." I muttered panicking myself and starting to shuffle in my chair to get ready to leave.

"No Jen I need your advice."

"My advice?" I asked as he nodded eagerly. "Right ok... My advice...?-- My advice is to use protection." I smiled.

"I'm not kidding Jen." He said as I looked at him sincerely for the first time tonight. I leant forward and grabbed his hand ready to give him some speech that would make him feel better.

"Richard, I'm serious. Do not panic okay? I mean it's not definite... And if it is-- well you've done it before you can do it again. You were prepared to have a kid 5 months ago, what's changed?" I smiled at him gently.

"You." He pointed out. "I was prepared to that for you."

"And what you'll abandon Molly?" I laughed taking my hand away from his.

"Of course not." Richard sighed.

"Alright then. You'll make things work. We did, and we were fine." I assured him.

"Fine? Our kid is dead and you don't love me anymore, hell, love me you can't stand to look at me." Richard burst out annoyed.

"That's not the point of the conversation. This is not about us, we're talking about Molly here. The sweet girl you chose to be your girlfriend, you love her?" I asked and he nodded. "Then go be with her, I assume she thinks the same thing we do?"

"Yep she's just a little stressed out." Richard frowned.

"Then go and de-stress her, tell her everything's going to be ok and that nothing is even certain yet." I smiled at him as we both stood up.

"Jen you've taken this so much better than I thought you would." Richard said hugging me quickly.

"How'd you expect me to act?" I asked smiling at him.

"Well I thought you'd shout at me 'Richard, for God sake you knocked up another girl?' And probably rant to me about how idiotic I am to have let this happen again." Richard chuckled.

"Hey I'm not so mean - but you are an idiot." I flicked his shoulder as we walked out of the restaurant. "You know we could have done this in my dorm?" I frowned at him.

"Yeah but I got to take one of my favourite girls out for dinner." He shrugged as I gripped onto his arm and we walked back towards the alleyway and climbed under the fence until we reached my dorm and he left me with a few thoughts.

"Remember keep calm, there's nothing you can do about it now." I smiled patting his arm before I opened the door to dorm and stepped inside leaving him out in the corridor alone.