Marriage?

I knew I had to get back before dad left so I bolted home to only hear the worst news of my life.

"You're getting married." I breathed not quite sure about what I was hearing. I felt kind of light headed and unsettled about the news and it turned my thoughts to mum. She would want dad to be happy. After all it's been almost 7 years.

"Yes and Jenna I'd hope you'd be my head bridesmaid." Rachel said smiling holding dads hand tightly.

"What's this about bridesmaids?" Lily wandered out of her room

"Well didn't you hear, dad and Rachel are getting married in the summer." I hummed trying to pretend like I wasn't crying on the inside.

"Ah congrats." Lily smiled at them both whilst going to get a drink.

"But I'd have violet and my best friend too. Not loads of people just a few friends for bridesmaids." Rachel assured me.

"Sounds like quite a few to me. Will it be a large affair?" I raised my eyebrows at her and then glanced at my dad. We had money, i had money now and they could certainly afford a grand wedding.

"Not small, let's put it that way." Dad interrupted.

"It'll be with all our friends and family there is so many of us." Rachel smiled.

"You're getting married." I repeated all of a sudden letting it sink in. "When did this even happen?" I asked them both.

"You aren't home much jen, you can't expect to be here for everything, can you?" Dad frowned at me as if I was the one in the wrong. No way.

"It was when I had Violet for the week wasn't it?" I sighed.

"Huh?" Dad asked as if I hadn't guessed completely right.

"Oh guys come on." I moaned.

"Look Jen it's not like you didn't see this coming, violets our daughter she deserves to have a married mum and dad growing up." Dad complained at me.

"Don't talk to me about a mum and a dad." I breathed whilst faking a small laugh. It felt like a dream this whole thing.

"That doesn't sound like a happy laugh." Dad said following me over to the couch as I had to sit down.

"No, I'm happy sure...I'm happy you're uh finally replacing mum. I'm okay with that. Aren't I?" I slapped Lily's leg for the back up.

"Oh well Jenna you do have this weird tone in your voice. It kinda sounds like you're angry." Lily said sitting forward suddenly. "Passively angry."

"I'm not. I'm fine! Totally happy with this whole thing. No uh your stuff is all packed in the car isn't it? I'll go and say goodbye to Violet and you guys can get off. Don't want to hit that traffic." I laughed standing up and going to my room to get Violet.

"No, traffic could be bad." Dad sighed as I shut the door and went to Violet.

"Hey you're going home now Hun." I smiled going over and picking her up. "I'll see you soon though for Christmas alright?" I kissed her cheek.

"Why are we leaving now?" She asked.

"You just are, now go on go with dad." I hummed opening the door to where Rachel took Violet and left. Dad tried to talk but I stopped him by interrupting him and telling him to leave before I said something I shouldn't.

- - - - - -

"Jen." Lily had tried to talk to me all night and all Monday morning but I'd not been answering text or calls just laying in bed because I felt sick.

"I'm fine lil, thanks." I waved her away.

"You're not fine. You're sick." She hummed walking into the room. I might have been sick, I felt dizzy and unwell all weekend but it could of just been the horrible news I'd received that previous day.

"I'm fine." I smiled sitting up in bed.

"We're going away tomorrow, take something so you're not ill." She said handing me some tablets.

"I'm fine lil." I repeated for like 20th time but took the tablets anyway.

"Alright." She hummed leaving my room, she respected my privacy.

- - - - -

On Tuesday morning we made our way to our little cottage in the woods and I felt sick when I woke up. I'd been awake all night with a blocked nose and coughing up every hour.

The amount of tissues I went through were not pleasing.

Though on the car ride to the cottage I sat in the back with Lily and she stroked my head trying to get me to sleep but I felt so damn Ill, i told everyone I should of stayed at home.

They all said I'd be fine after a day and then miss the holiday but I don't think I was missing anything except my bed.

"Jen." Lily whispered as we finally arrived. I had fallen asleep for a few hours.

"Feel any better?" Matt said opening the back car door as Lily got out and got our luggage.

"A little." I smiled seeing Matt stood at the door. He helped me out of the car and into the cottage where everyone was already settled, we must of left later than everyone.

They all let me chose a bedroom knowing I was ill and then they sorted the rest out to themselves.

They all knew my OCD planned this trip and everyone's rooms already, so they all basically knew where they were going.

"You know, I love you." I laughed holding Matt up the stairs as he helped me up.

"I know." He laughed.

"Really?" I smiled.

"Yeah just like I know you love that lamppost outside and the desk down in the hallway." Matt laughed. "You've taken some medicine and it's made you a bit drowsy babe."

"No it hasn't." I giggled as he laid me down in bed.

"Yes it has." He said as I giggled more as he tucked me under some sheets. "Take a nap you might feel better then, tomorrow, we can actually do something fun."

"Okay lover boy." I called laughing my head off like that was funny.

- - - - -

"Is she alright?" Richard laughed as Matt appeared downstairs for dinner. They'd ordered pizza on the first night knowing it was easiest.

"After some sleep, she should be fine. She's been dosed up so hopefully tomorrow she'll feel better and start doing some of the activities we have planned." Matt responded kindly joining them on the sofa.