Flirting

"Okay, I lied, Jesse was totally flirting with me." I bit my nails as Matt answered the door to his dorm. I wasn't sure where else to go really.

"Why? What happened?" He asked frowning at me.

"Well, we got back from the party last night, Marty went home and Lily wasn't back yet when suddenly Jesse appeared at the door.."

"Hi shorty, is Lil here?" He pushed past my shoulder and walked into dorm anyway.

"No, and you know she's still at the party I saw you with her before I left. Why are you here?" I complained shutting the door and following him towards the sofa.

"I thought it was kind of obvious." He shrugged and turned to face me.

"What was obvious?" I laughed. "The fact that you won't stop bugging me? Because yes, I'm trying to get to bed and oh look, you're bugging me again."

"You know why I'm here." He smiled and it freaked me out a little. He slowly took a step closer to me and I stilled and my breath hitched.

"What are you doing?" I said as he lent down with the intention to kiss me.

"Kissing y--" But he couldn't finish his response because I'd walked away and started talking.

"You're dating my best friend." I laughed nervously and guiltily like I'd done something wrong. "I'm not going to kiss you." I frowned at him.

"Oh but Jen, we'd make such a cute couple." He joked, I knew he'd regret this tomorrow, he'd probably just had one too many drinks.

"Oh yeah, you teasing me all the time. Great couple." I frowned. "Now get out Jess." I moaned at him and he sloped towards the door.

"Now don't go blabbing about this will you?" Jesse said as he reached the door.

"Lily should know." I snapped.

"Oh so she should know her best friend wants to steal another of her boyfriends? Oh yeah, I've done my research. You and Matt hey? As if you steal the boyfriend of the most popular girl in school?" He winked at me, he had me caught out there. If I told Lily she'd just think I'd stolen yet again, another boyfriend of hers.

"Oh rough." Matt said as I still stood in his doorway.

"You see my point here. I can't tell Lily can I? She'll hate me." I moaned.

"No, I think you should tell her." Matt smiled.

"Why? It'll ruin her relationship and make me the bad guy." I said slowly.

"OK, well maybe it'll all blow over and Jesse won't do that again and you don't need to tell Lily anything because it's unlikely that the conversation will ever come up again."

"Good plan. Thank you." I smile turning away and heading back off to my dorm. I thought this might just work too. Jesse wouldn't mention anything and we were the only ones who know he tried to hit on me. So, we're all good. For now.

- - - - -

I'd been on the phone most of the day to Rachel helping her pick out stuff for the wedding at the end of the summer. We were discussing colour themes and then weird stuff like flowers and venues and really strangely cutlery.

We went through who was doing what in the ceremony but even though we'd been skyping all day we only got a fraction, of what needed to be done, done.

I had lots of free time at the moment as we'd just finished mock exams and I decided to give myself a break from revision before I started up for the real one in a couple of months time.