Rejecting?

"I can look after my own child!" I argued storming out of the funeral directors completely angry with Richard but mainly with myself.

"She's dead, she doesn't need looking after!" Richard shouted at me probably just fed up with our constant arguments. They did go on forever and I was getting bored of having the same debate with him.

"I'm still a mother, I'm still her mother. I don't care if I thought differently a few months ago but I realise now...I didn't go through 7 months of hell to not be a mother. If there's something I can do, a cheque to be made that will somehow help Maisie I want to do it, because what's a mother without her child?" I snapped walking back from him holding my arms out angrily.

"And what's a father?" He bowed down calmly and collectively. That did shut me up for a bit though. I stopped yelling at him and just talked instead. "We don't need to argue about this, there's no need for you to pay I've already paid and it's done and in the past." Richard said.

"Alright." I shrugged. "But next time there's something to pay we split it." I demanded.

"Ok, I don't like it but alright. Now will you come back inside before these guys think we're weird hormonal teenagers." He huffed going to the door and opening it.

"We are weird hormonal teenagers." I smirked walking past him and back inside the room. I bent down and sipped my tea before I sat back next to him on the couch. "Anything stand out to you?" I hummed flicking through the booklet.

"I don't like the small ones." Richard stated.

"I don't know they're kind of cute." I shrugged.

"I don't want the small one, people would judge if straightaway. She deserves better." Richard told me and straightaway I saw his point. I understood what he meant and we didn't argue about something. "Not too expensive but not nasty cheap." He continued.

"Theses ones?" I offered up the page with fancy looking ones but were a decent price. "I like that one." I pointed a black marbled sort of colour and it was pretty and had lovely lettering on it.

"I like that one too." Richard hummed sitting closer to me.

"Did I hear an agreement?" The man came back in and sat down opposite us. I nodded and we actually decided on something without arguing, we then decided what it would say which was painful and then we were back outside, finished with this stuff and just waiting until Saturday to see it in the flesh.

- - - - -

"How long is it in the car here?" I asked as we walked down the high street.

"Uh 30 minutes without traffic, but varies up to an hour." Richard said walking closer to me now.

"How often will I be able to come up here? How can I visit her?" I mumbled looking down at my feet as they stepped one in front of the other.

"As often as you like there's buses and I can drive you." Richard told me.

"But then it's like a big event. I just want it to be down the road." I laughed lightly seeing the car park up ahead.

"I'm sorry, she's already buried here, it's just how it works." Richard held my hand suddenly like I needed supporting but actually it was quite comforting. "If I could dig her up and bury her in Ashford I would but I think it's a tiny bit illegal." Richard laughed squeezing my hand.

- - - - -

"It was horrible it brought back all these feelings that I'd pushed down after all these months and I feel like somethings wrong again." I spoke laying down on my bed on the phone to Matt.

"It'll be alright though, it passed before, it'll pass again." Matt assured me. "I just wish I was there I hate the idea of you two..you know sharing a room." Matt mumbled.

"He's in a separate room next door." I laughed.

"With a joining door in the middle!" He joked.

"Whatever." I huffed getting my laptop out laying on my chest but holding my phone with one hand whilst I typed with the other.

"Stop working you've got time off for a reason." Matt laughed obviously hearing the keyboard clicks.

"I have to, the papers a mess." I frowned scrolling through the draft that was going to be printed tonight.

"If it's anything like today's it will be absolutely fine I promise." Matt said.

"Today's was alright?" I questioned.

"Perfect."

- - - - -

"Hey." Lily appeared by Matt's side as he walked down the corridor after his English lesson without Jenna. He looked a bit startled. "I was wondering if you've talked to Jenna? She didn't tell me when she was going to be back it was all such a rush." Lily asked him.

"Saturday's maybe Sunday she told me." Matt replied smiling across at Lily.

"Thank you." Lily murmured.

"Why didn't she tell you, you're her best friend?" Matt stopped Lily in the corridor.

"I don't know, I guess she doesn't trust me much recently. For the same reason you and I aren't together anymore." Lily smirked seeing Lucy and Olivia across the canteen through the doors and waving at them slightly.

"I'm sorry." Matt said sincerely.

"I just hope your not seducing her too fast. She's still got the other bloke phoning her up for a shag every other night." Lily said smiling before walking off. Oh she was brilliant. She said something so kindly and sweetly that nobody would think she was doing anything wrong, except one small comment like that ruined Matt's day.

- - - - -

I was locked in this passionate kiss all of a sudden up against the wall with Richard pressing his body against mine. I was only doing some light hearted flirting but he was drunk and taking it was too seriously. He just barged into my room after dinner without knocking again and then here we are. I pushed his chest away from mine as my phone rang.

"Matt-- I can't talk right now." I breathed as Richard was standing ridiculously close to me. It was Friday night, our free night before Saturday and home time. "I need to go." I said searching for the hang up button on the screen.

"Jenna i need--" Matt said and I hung up.

"Richard we shouldn't be..." I said pushing him away from me slightly.

"You're rejecting me again. Is it him? Are you with him now?" Richard moaned taking my phone from me. He was drunk and I would forgive him for this and I found it quite funny at the time.

"I'm not seeing him. George remember him? I'm with him." I laughed taking my phone back and smiling at him. I wasn't with Matt, yet. I wasn't going to tell him because it had no business in who I was with. Oh and technically I am still with George. The 20 year old who will beat people up if knows I cheated on him.