Home again

"So you're coming home with me this week?" I asked Richard happily as we stood in dorm packing up my stuff.

"Yeah and you're coming to mine next week." He leant down and pecked at my lips gently as I held both his hands. "I'll have to do some work while I'm with you though."

"That's fine." I nodded. "Help me get this into my car?"

"My car. I'll drive you down and then when I come home for Christmas you don't have to drop me home, and I don't have to get the train." Richard said grabbing a suitcase.

"Makes sense." I nodded taking the smaller suitcase and walking out of dorm. We were all packing up and leaving later on but first going to the pub for lunch. Most people's parents picked them up in the afternoon on Sunday and Richard and I could leave when we want.

"Lil, when are your parents coming?" I asked as we walked to the pub.

"They're not, I'm getting a bus." Lily sighed angrily. Matt had already gone home this morning because he lived pretty close and his mum needed him for something or other.

"What?" Richard interrupted.

"Well, they hate this school as we all know. So uh punishment from my dad is silly things like not getting a ride home." Lily scoffed.

"We'll drive you." I nodded. "Won't we?" I nudged Richard furiously.

"Yeah you can't get a bus with two suitcases and your bag." He sighed.

"Thank you." She nodded. "To be honest the bus isn't too bad, it's just when there's lots of people on there and uhhh yeah the bus is bad." She scoffed.

"Don't worry about it." I smiled at her.

- - - - -

"Yes Dad, I'll be home later on." I nodded walking back over to the group as we sat on a table in the pub having lunch.

"What time?" He asked me.

"Oh I don't know, 5 o'clock? It depends on traffic really." I moaned sitting down beside Richard and raising my eyebrows.

"Alright, keep us updated." Dad said.

"I will, speak soon." I hung up as quickly as possible before tucking my phone in my pocket.

"You know he just wants to surprise you. They said, didn't they...that they wanted to give you all your presents for your birthday before Christmas." Richard nodded remembering more than I did.

"Oh yeah. You think that's why he's being needy? I just thought ever since Victoria phoned him he's been annoying and attached to me." I moaned at him.

"Okay partly that yes, but also the birthday thing." Richard smiled.

- - - - -

The drive home was nice, I actually slept for about an hour and when I woke up Richard had got control of the music and put it on his playlist and I just shook my head at him when I woke up.

We dropped Lily off first and then set off back to my place. Dad didn't know Richard was coming but I didn't think it mattered and it was a bit of a surprise for them too.

"Nice nap?" Richard greeted me.

"Yes thanks."

"We're almost there." He smirked across at me.

"Good, I need my bed." I laughed.

"Sleep more if you need to, I'd say we've got another 20 minutes." He smiled.

"It's cool. I'm awake now, I thought I might text Lily see how she's doing at home. I don't think everything okay with her and her parents recently. I feel bad." I explained to him.

"Fair enough, go ahead." Richard nodded as I phoned Lily and we had a little chat.

When we finally got home I suddenly got a tiny bit nervous because I didn't tell Dad that I was bringing Richard home. It kind of slipped my mind. I told Richard to leave the bags in the car until later and just go in and see everyone first.

"Hey we're home." I called out as I walked into the hallway hoping for some sort of response.

"Jenna." Dad said appearing from the lounge with violet at his feet. "And..."

"Richard!" Violet called out filling in the gap for Dad as he just stared at us for a little while.

"Jenna, how nice to see you." Rachel appeared from the kitchen and smiled at us both. She didn't say anything about Richard, just smiled at him and hugged him to when she hugged me.

"Well, come in." Dad said.

"We've got presents." Violets eyes widened at the thought of presents. I bent down and picked her up carefully, placing her on my hip.

"Will you help me open them?" I asked her carrying her into the lounge.

"Yes!" Violet squeaked wriggling from my arms as I placed her to the floor again and she started jumping up and down. She rushed over to the pile of present and brought some to me placing them on my lap where I sat on the sofa with Richard.

"Thank you." I smiled. "Who's this from?" I asked her holding out the label for her to read, hoping she would recognise it.

"Mummy and daddy!" She squeaked, they were all from them except a few from family and friends that dropped them by. And most were just cards with money in.

"That's right." I smiled looking over at Dad. Rachel had made cake so we had dinner then sat with the tele on and watched some tv while eating cake. Richard went to the loo and Rachel took violet to bed so for a brief moment Dad and I were alone.

I took the opportunity to ask him if it was alright that Richard was here.

"So you're at the age where you want your boyfriend to stay?" Dad chuckled to himself.

"We had a kid remember, there's nothing new there." I rolled my eyes. "He's a great guy."

"I know Jenna. I wish you had told me though." He nodded.

"I know, I forgot I'm sorry. Next time I will 100% tell you." I smiled happily at Dad and he just gave me that smile which meant he was happy that I was happy. That's all I ever wanted to see to be honest.