Fix?

The door slammed as the teenager stormed inside the house angrily. "Lily?" Her mother called after her as she stomped up the stairs.

"What's her problem?" Her dad asked as they were both holding a twin each and frowning at the sudden outburst.

"I don't know. Lily?" She called again placing the little girl down in her cot and going upstairs to see what all the hassle was. "Lily? What's wrong?"

She wondered into Lily's room and found her searching through her draws of her desk pulling out sheets of paper angrily. She then walked into her mum and dads room with her mum following her and she lifted the sheet of paper laying next to her bed.

"My dance show was today." She said through gritted teeth. Shoving the paper at her mum. "All my friends parents were there to see them winning their medals and you weren't."

"Oh Lily I'm so sorry your sisters were--"'

"My sisters were what? Spitting up? Throwing up? Needed feeding? Did they suddenly learn to walk at only 2 months old? No. This was more important." She screamed at her mum.

"Lily don't you dare speak to your mother that way." Her dad came trudging up the stairs seeing Lily screaming at her mum.

"No, leave her." Her mum said.

"One of you could have come. That was my last time at that school, dancing with my friends. You should of been there!" Lily cried.

"We've explained this to you. The twins are very important at the moment--"

"And they're more important than me? What happens when I go to my new school. I'll have shows all the time and you won't be there." Lily pouted feeling like crying.

"By then we will be able to see your shows--"

"I don't want you to see them." Lily suddenly said.

"What do you mean?" Her dad frowned at her.

"I mean you won't be able to. I'm going to go to Ashford. That way I can live there." Lily said confidently.

"Don't be silly you're not going there." Her dad shouted.

"Yes." Lily scrambled to the floor and picked up the piece of paper she had found earlier and she held it up. "I was accepted. I'm going in September."

"No you are not." Her dad shouted.

"Leave it alone." Her mum said. "She'll change her mind." She whispered.

"Alright. You really want to live away from home?" Her dad said.

"Yes. I go in a week." Lily said reading the letter. "I'll start packing."

- - - - -

"Are you alright?" Matt asked me walking in just after I'd been discharged and was getting ready to go.

"Depends on how you mean 'alright' physically, yes. I don't know about emotionally." I mumbled standing up.

"I was thinking about going and getting some of Lily's stuff so when she wakes up after surgery she can be around familiar things." Matt said as we walked down the corridor.

"That's a really good idea." I said.

"Do you want to come? She's your best friend. You know her quite well." He mumbled to me.

"You're her boyfriend." I said smiling a little.

"Yeah but still--"

"Alright. I'll come if you want." I laughed a little as we went to tell her mum before we left to go back to dorm. It was weird going back to dorm, especially sitting in Matt's car felt weird. It was like a phobia of cars had suddenly kicked in.

"Her blanket, some spare clothes. A few books and magazines. Anything else?" Matt asked me as I grabbed a few things from my room.

"That should be fine." I said going to the door and helping Matt carry some stuff out to the car.

- - - - -

"She's uh not giving up." Her mum said seeing Lily packing two suitcases in her room and clearing out things she wants to take with her.

"She will, I promise." Her dad frowned and waited until the night before to confront her and tell her she wasn't going away any time soon especially the way she's been acting.

"Lily we need to talk." Her mum said.

"I'm a bit busy." She said on the floor amongst her clothes packing.

"You're not going anywhere so you don't need to pack." Her dad snapped.

"Yes I am. I'm going to Ashford. I hate it here." She scoffed angrily.

"You do not. Just go to your dance academy and then you can stay at home. We promise things will get better." Her dad said.

"Lily we're sorry we missed your show and awards show. We're busy with--"

"--With the twins. I know." Lily moaned. "I'll come back when their grown up and don't control my life." She scoffed closing up one suitcase.

"You're not going to that school young lady." Her dad shouted.

"Yes I am!" She screamed.

"No you're not. You'll go back to your old school if you don't start behaving like a normal person." He shouted again.

"Don't threaten that. We just want you to be happy. Don't we?" She glanced back at her husband. "Lily, you don't really want to move away from home do you? I know we haven't been giving you a lot of attention but you know we love you and care for you." Her mum bent down next to Lily as she sat on bed.

"I'm going to Ashford tomorrow." Lily demanded.

"Fine, be like that you pathetic child." Her dad screamed before leaving the room and leaving her mum with her.

Lily looked at her mum who looked like she wanted to cry. "I'm sorry, but I want to go." Lily mumbled.

"It's alright darling. You do what you want." Her mum kissed her forehead. "Get packing then, we'll take you in the morning."

- - - - -

"Where have you two been?" Lily's mum looked up at us as we walked in to the hospital and found Lily's room where her mum was sat outside almost in tears.

"We're sorry we went to get some of her things. What's happened?" I said placing one box on the chair and sitting down next to her mum.

"They can't fix her." Her mum said slowly and I looked back at Matt who looked just as confused as I was.

"Can't-- fix her?" Matt asked frowning a little confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked tears coming to my eyes.

"The damage to her spinal cord. It's pretty much permanent." Her mum said almost crying now. "She may not be able to walk ever again."

"Well, no. We can do something. Can't we? Another Doctor. A better doctor. I'll get Victoria-- I--"

"Jenna. No. This already is the other Doctor the better one that's meant to tell us there's a way out. There isn't." Her mum said slowly.

"Where is she? Can we see her?" Matt asked suddenly.

"She's asleep. In recovery anyway." Her mum explained to us and I saw matt frowning at the floor. Not sure what I was suppose to do now. I think Matt headed off muttering something about Lucy and Olivia and going to tell them the news. He wasn't going to take this well either.

"I'll be back in a bit." I mumbled to her mum standing up and walking off on a mission. I don't think I've ever felt this crap since Maisie.