Going home again.

"Wow didn't think I'd be seeing you here." Richard scoffed as I walked into the newspaper room they had at the university. I was accepted and did a few pieces at the beginning of the year but after everything that went on I just kind of didn't go there.

They knew my situation, it was fine.

"I didn't think you'd be here either." I smirked at him sitting at a desk chair spinning around like he was a child.

"Well I only run it don't I?" He scoffed.

"Richard, no you don't." I laughed pushing him slightly and then kissing him gently as a small greeting before putting some of my books down on the desk.

"No I'm serious Jen, I'm running it now. My parents own all the papers connected with Ashford and its universities and well the current editor dropped out so I'm first in line for the job." He nodded happily.

"But you don't--"

"I know I know, chill out. I've been doing it for about a month now, I know what I want and a lot of the people that have been here forever are helping me out." He explained.

"You're so lucky your parents are so invested in this bloody school." I shook my head. "I honestly thought you were joking..." I said picking up the most recent newspaper. "You did this?"

"Yep, with help and I know it's not great but hey if you're here, you can help make it even better." He smiled really happy with himself.

"I came here to grovel to the editor and get my job back here. I have no money and I need this job. But I can't grovel to you..." I moaned.

"Yes you can." Richard smirked.

"Richard!"

"I'll just give you the job we are short on people." He shrugged.

"But when people know we are together they'll be pissed because they think that's the only reason I got the job." I sighed.

"Well... prove them wrong. Be amazing and prove it." He smiled.

It was like he had planned this all along. To get me back on the paper and back on my feet. It was working whatever he was doing.

- - - - -

It was that last week before we all went home for Christmas and we were making the flats look all Christmassy and having big meals together and sharing presents. It was really nice.

We did secret Santa and it was really funny what everyone got each other.

But one night we were just like all sitting on the couch chilling watching Christmas films. The entire flat except Matt and Lily were there, they were at a doctors appointment. We were having such a good night and then suddenly the door opens and Matt comes in.

He gives everyone a small smile but then grins like he's got a secret. The whole room went quiet and the tv was paused.

"Hey guys." Lily said walking into the room (okay it was very slowly) and smiling at everyone.

The room filled with a cheer and then a "Oh my god" and "Congrats" from everyone. I was in the middle of everyone and so I didn't even say anything I just stood up on the sofa climbed over everyone maybe hitting a few people with my feet and then ran towards Lily who stood alone and had walked from the car into the flat.

"I'm so happy for you." I whispered in her ear as I grabbed her and held her really close to me in a tight hug.

"See things aren't so bad." She giggled but I could tell she had tears in her eyes just like I did.

Everyone else in the room was just staring at us. I walked away from Lily and tried to squeeze myself back in with Richard. "I don't know why I'm crying." I laughed. "It's meant to be a happy thing." I just kept giggling it off and everyone else laughed at me as I wiped my eyes and snuggled up to Richard.

"I'm proud of you." Richard whispered in my ear before kissing my cheek as I laid my head in his lap and he stroked my hair.

I smiled up at him because I was finally getting to end of this. Lily was back to normal and no more wheelchair haunting us all.

Probably the best Christmas present I'll get this year.

- - - - -

"I haven't been home since we started uni, I really need to go." I explained to Richard as I was stood next to my car with him. He'd helped me load it up but he was trying to convince me to stay for Christmas with him.

"Alright, say hi to violet for me." He nodded.

"Will do, bye." I kissed his cheek then got in my car and he got in his.

It was a long drive home really but I was impatient, I really wanted to be in my own room and just chill. Except I had remembered that actually they've moved house. Dad and Rachel moved for a really big house round the corner from the old place.

I haven't really spoken to dad much to be honest. I kind of ignored him a lot because of what I was going through and I said I was going to visit him like three times before Christmas and I never did.

So I have feeling he might be a little bit cross with me when I finally arrive.

- - - - -

"Hey I'm home." I said as the door swung open but it was not dad or Rachel. It was a young girl, about my age and then I realised who it was-- only one of the bloody popular kids that used to bully me in my old school.

I froze while she just stood there looking confused.

"I think you have the wrong house." She said in a horrible cutesy voice.

"No I don't, uh Dave and Rachel Coleman yeah?" I said uncertain.

"They're not here. I'm babysitting." She sighed.

"Babysitting..."

"Violet?" She rolled her eyes as if to say why was I even here.

"I know who but why? Where are they? What are they doing?" I moaned.