Travel anxiety?

"Jen, come on. Get up." Richard shoved me as I laid naked in his bed dead asleep. "Come on, we have to get ready." He whispered stroking my hair.

Okay maybe it wasn't the best idea to pretend to go to bed early at 10 o'clock but actually end up having sex until midnight leaving up with a grand total of 4 hours sleep

I just grunted at Richard and turned over.

"Jenna." He laughed using my full name and I groaned again before actually opening my eyes this time.

"Early." Was all I said as I stretched and I heard him chuckling as he was basically ready. "Really damn early." I mumbled.

"Yes, early so we can get our flight. Now come on." He pulled back some of the sheets and left me with literally the tiniest thinnest layer to cover me and I moaned because I was cold.

"Ugh." I grunted picking up a pillow and throwing it at his head to which he just laughed and threw the pillow back before grabbing me some clothes and instructing me to put them on.

"Hey what's that on you're shoulder?" Richard poked me.

"Oh I don't know, I got this like rash on Monday. It's fine though its probably the freakish heat wave we've had and I've got a heat rash." I laughed sitting up.

Eventually I did get out of bed and moaned a lot about it. I got dressed quick and we snuck out at 4:30 to his car with our luggage and I sat in the passengers seat controlling the music choice until I fell asleep as it was an hours drive to the airport.

"I feel like all I do is wake you up." Richard laughed placing a hand on my shoulder as we entered the car park in the airport.

He was looking around for a space whilst I woke up a little bit. "God am I tired." I moaned at him annoyed as we got our stuff out of the car.

"Oh I know. But we can sleep on the plane." He winked wrapping one arm around me and the other pulled along his suitcase.

"I hope so." I whispered pulling my suitcase too.

- - - - -

"Right so, breakfast. What do we fancy? We have to be at our gate in... 45 minutes so we have tonnes of time." Richard said as we came out of security and started looking around at the duty free.

"Oh I don't know. I'm too tired to think, I can't eat I haven't even woken up yet." I scoffed.

"You need to eat, come on." He pulled us towards a cafe where we sat down for breakfast and in the end I did eat my bacon and cheese bagel and it was amazing.

"We're gate 48 by the way." I mumbled as we sat and ate. "I checked whilst you were paying."

"Oh we have to get like a train there." Richard mumbled.

"Yeah, but it's cool." I hummed.

- - - - -

"Where are you going?" Richard asked me as I went to walk into boots.

"To get some pills, I don't feel that great." I smiled up at him.

"Like a headache? Or sick?" He asked.

"Uh both, kinda. It's probably just travel anxiety and lack of sleep combined but I don't know what medication we can get out there so it's probably best to buy some here anyway." I said walking away and I heard him follow me.

"Alright. I suppose that's a good idea." He told me as I rolled my eyes and went to the checkout to hurry this thing up and get on the plane as I seriously wasn't feeling great.

- - - - -

Whilst waiting to board I felt hot and sick but I calmed myself down and shoved my headphones on and felt better. I'd taken pills but they had no effect.

"You'll be fine when we get on the plane." Richard mumbled into my ear many times as we were waiting in line but that wasn't helpful when I was feeling so shitty.

When we actually got on I felt bad, like real bad.

"What's actually wrong? Tell me what's up?" Richard said holding my hand as we sat on the plane.

"I don't think I'm going to be able to do this." I mumbled panicking the fuck out. I'd never been a nervous traveller before so it could be travel sickness or anxiety.

"Do what?" He frowned at me.

"Sit on this plane for an hour or so. I feel sick rich, I feel like I'm going to throw up." I panicked getting all hot and bothered.

"Okay, calm down. Look here, we've got this sick bag and they just take it away when you've been sick. It's fine. You'll be fine. It's probably just something you ate." He kissed the side of my head and started to fan me with the safety guide.

The flight was then delayed so we sat there for like 30 minutes before taking off at which point I was gagging into a paper bag but nothing was coming out.

"I shouldn't have eaten breakfast. I hardly ever eat in the mornings--" I scoffed before gagging in the bag again.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it please Jenna. If you're sick you'll probably feel better and we can enjoy our time away." Richard comforted me.

When we finally took off I was feeling better but then half way through the flight I felt awful again and was heaving into the bag but still nothing coming out.

"Distract me, please." I said sitting back tired and hot. It reminded me of when I was in labour and that was not a fun memory to have.

"Alright, look I heard the lady say the make up was 20% off. Uh this is the stuff you use..." He flicked through the book. "Right? Anything look good? Explain to me what it is."

"Oh that set." I pointed at the box of mini stuff. "It's like a bronzer set. Uh it makes you.. How can I put it? Look more tanned and stuff." I smiled still holding the paper bag.

"Hey do you want it?" He asked.

"I don't have my purse it's in the suitcase above us." I panted.

"I'll get it don't worry." He whispered before asking the flight attendant and buying it for me. "See now look at this." He held it out and I took it looking at it and taking my mind of how ill I felt.

"Thank you." I smiled at him gently.

"Ah it's nothing, to make you fell better." He kissed the side of my head again and I then leant forward to gag in the bag again.

The whole flight I wasn't sick. Thought I felt awful the whole time. "You don't think the rash you've got has got anything to do with this do you?" Richard asked me as we stood in line at passport control.

"I got that on Monday. I don't see how." I mumbled impatiently as we queued.

"Let me see the rash again." He said gently.

I pulled my top down and to the side to see my shoulder and the bit of my chest below my neck.

It wasn't a rash per se but it was where the blood had risen to the surface so I had a patch of red dots on either shoulder as well on my upper chest.

"I'll look it up online when we get to the hotel." He said as the line moved and we went through and got our luggage.