More secrets

"Jenna." Dad said as I marched straight past him and towards the stairs. It was fair to say I wasn't in a great mood. With Richard now knowing I wasn't...let's say fully healthy, I was feeling a bit angry with myself.

"Jen." I heard Rachel say as I stepped up one step.

"What?" I lashed out a little annoyed.

"That stunt you pulled last night, that's not on." Dad said and I couldn't have given him a more confused look.

"Sorry?" I scoffed turning around.

"I know you think you're all grown up, that you're an adult now but you're not...yet. We deserve to know where you are." Dad said angrily.

"I told you, chill out." I moaned at him. "Since when did you care? Since when did you decide to become this--"

"Your dad?" He frowned. "I'm just making sure you're okay."

"What the hell has gotten into you-- who said that I'm not okay-- oh fuck." I said through gritted teeth really hoping Violet wasn't around.

"Language." He snapped.

"Victoria has been calling you hasn't she?" I scoffed laughing a little at how stupid I had been. "Well, she has. Hasn't she?"

"She told us that you're not eating and you're in pain more often than not." Rachel finally spoke.

"And what the hell is she doing calling you and telling you about me?" I frowned.

"You're not 18 yet. We deserve to know." Dad snapped.

"Deserve to know so you can suddenly take an interest in my life in stead of just ignoring it?" I mocked.

"Jen, it's not like that." Rachel said slowly.

"Yes, Rachel it is like that." I turned to her suddenly getting annoyed. "Before you even appeared in my life, dad and I had a very different relationship." I snapped at her.

"I know but--"

"No, you don't know. And all of a sudden you take this interest in my life because..okay I'm not as healthy as I should be. All a fault of my own, may I add. It's weird." I defended myself.

"We care about you." Dad said quickly.

"Okay, great. You care, but you don't need to have a magnifying glass on me alright?" I huffed a little annoyed.

"Alright." Dad said trying to smile.

"I'll see you later." I hummed walking upstairs to my room and flopping down on my bed a little tired and annoyed at the same time. Which wasn't hard for me, I felt like that all the time recently.

- - - - -

"Let's go somewhere. Where we can't be interrupted or caught, we can just be ourselves." Richard said as I met him in the middle in London where we went for dinner.

"Like where?" I scoffed.

"Paris. We can fly this weekend. Have Friday to Monday there." He smiled happily.

"You think that's a good idea? I have no excuse to leave the country. Especially since I've been lying to Lily, what do I say to my dad?" I grumbled.

"Can't you make something up?" He asked me as our food came and I kind of just sat there for a bit.

"I don't know, I've got no excuses left." I rolled my eyes.

"Just say you're going away with a friend?" Richard suggested.

"What friend is that? Lily? And when he finds out she's still in the country? I don't want him knowing about us yet. It's too soon, we said this." I hummed.

"Well, we can't go anywhere then." He huffed.

"Unless I just out right lie and say I'm going to Ashford for the weekend?" I said quickly.

"You'd do that?" He asked me.

"Well, maybe. It could work." I shrugged. "It would be an extreme lie though because that's saying I'm still in the country when I'm not."

"Well good. That's great. You need to get away." He smiled he's as he tucked into his meal.

"What does that mean?" I mumbled grumpily.

"It means that going away for a bit might make you feel better." Richard shrugged.

"Can we get this straight? I am absolutely fine. I want you to know there is nothing to worry about." I told Richard firmly.

"Alright. I'll book the flights tonight then." He smiled across at me and i smiled back.

- - - - -

"The only flights I could get were early in the morning. Like 9am. So we have to be at the airport at 6. Which means leaving mine at 5.am" Richard explained on the phone the next day.

"Should I just come to yours Thursday night?" I laughed down the phone.

"Yeah good idea. We get back Monday night at 8pm so you'd be home by 9." He explained.

"That's cool. I spoke to dad and said I'm going to ashford for the weekend to get some peace and study but also be closer to friends." I smiled laying back on my bed.

"Great I guess I'll see you tomorrow then." Richard said sounding all excited for our trip.

- - - - -

"Ah I'm going tonight by the way because I want all day Friday free to do work." I mumbled to dad as I walked through the kitchen to say goodbye to violet before I left.

"You've packed a lot Jen." Dad said.

"Yeah uh I left nothing there so I want to be prepared." I shrugged.

I went looking for violet as I felt dad stare at me as I walked outside. "V come here." I said as she was bouncing on her trampoline.

"Jenna jenna jenna." She repeated jumping down and running towards me.

"Right mrs, I'm going away for the weekend but I'll be back Monday night and I'm going to take you out on Tuesday to make up for cancelling our date on Saturday." I explained kneeling in front of her.

"Can we get ice cream?" She jumped.

"Yes." I laughed as she hugged me and I said goodbye before heading towards the door.

"I can drive you to the station if you want?" Rachel asked.

"No, I'm fine. I can walk it's a lovely day." I agreed. "I'll see you later."

"Bye Jen." She whispered before I left and started to walk to the station to get the train to Richards.