Serious Newspaper

"She has a boyfriend?" Grace asked nicely as she was sat with Lily and Matt and Max.

"Yeah they've been in an on and off relationships for... 3 years? Maybe just longer." Lily explained to her and sighed. "She's a difficult one when it comes to relationships."

"I bet." Max scoffed.

"Sorry what's that supposed to mean?" Matt raised his eyebrows at this guy that thought he could comment on their friend when he hardly knew her.

"Well she just seems like that type. I don't know." He shrugged quickly defending himself and then got up and walked to the kitchen to grab a drink and a snack.

"Well you don't know her so..." Matt started but Lily shushed him quickly.

"Do you think they're serious then? Three years?" Grace wondered.

"Hope so, they had a k--" Lily started but Matt talked over her.

"They had a kind of special relationship didn't they?" Matt spoke over her before she could reveal some private information about them. It was up to Jenna if she wanted to tell them she had a kid.

"Yeah they've just been through a lot together." Lily smiled.

"Right." Grace nodded.

- - - - -

"I'm starting at the paper today." I smirked as I walked around dorm and the flat getting ready with Richard on the phone to me the whole time as he called up with information about New York. We might be going in November, maybe October.

We have a reading week and it was important that I did my reading cause I do English but I know I can get through all that and Richard does some business type subject so he doesn't have much to read. So we'd probably go then.

"Oh yeah? Nervous?" Richard asked.

"A little. I guess, I was used to running my own paper and everything and it was small and cute. And now... well it's a university paper and it's important and people read it--"

"--usually the purpose of a paper." Richard joked.

"It's not funny, I'm just-- I'm excited but nervous." I shrugged as I waved to Grace and Holly and Lily who were watching Tv.

No one had classes yet. It was a week or two of joining clubs and meeting new people. I had to go out tonight which I wasn't looking forward to. Clubs and pubs aren't my thing. I have a bad record with them.

"You'll do fine, free for coffee later on?" He asked as he was clearly busy.

"Yeah 1ish?"

"See you then." He said before hanging up and as he did o slammed my phone down and used the dining table to sort out my folder.

I had to actually be accepted onto the paper first, so I was applying for it today, should be alright because I'm am English student, we get an advantage.

"Good luck Jen." Lily smiled at me as I grabbed my bag and waved bye to the people in the room.

"Yeah good luck, see ya!" They all called after me and I shouted my thanks before running out of the door.

- - - - -

"How did it go?" Lily asked me as I sat down with her for lunch later that day.

"Crappy." I sighed.

"What you didn't get on?" She asked.

"No, I don't find out yet but I really screwed up some of the questions I got asked I just hardly had an answer for. Last year me would have had an answer but I'm letting things mess with my head." I groaned.

"I'm sure you did fine." Lily assured me as we waited for Matt and Richard to join us in this cafe.

"I don't know it was tough. Let's not talk about it anyway, how are you?" I asked.

"Good, great actually. I managed to walk from the bed to my chair this morning. I've got a hospital appointment tonight, thought it would be good time if everyone in the flat is going out." She sighed.

"I don't want to go out." I moaned. "I am being forced just because I can walk."

"Whatever I wish I was better so I could go out with you." She rolled her eyes.

"Text me when you get home from the appointment and I'll come home then." I nodded. "Good excuse for me to leave."

"Jenna."

"No, I really don't like going out. Remember the last time. Not a pretty memory." I sighed.

"What's not a pretty memory?" Richard asked as the two boys arrived at the same time. Matt sat next to Lily and Richard next to me.

"Clubbing." I rolled my eyes.

"You're going out? Tonight?" He asked astonished.

"Yeah I have to. Don't want to seem like the party pooper." I growled.

"Well you have a good excuse." Matt laughed.

"I don't particularly want everyone in the flat to know how messed up my life had been guys." I huffed as I looked across at Lily and she was just as angry, she wanted to go out and I was being selfish and not wanting to go out.

"You do it once prove it's not your thing and they won't hassle you again." Richard nodded.

"Yeah that's fair enough." I sighed.

- - - - -

"Need a ride to the hospital?" I asked Lily as I was just about to go and get something I had left in my car.

"Yeah if you don't mind." Lily smiled. "I was going to go with Matt but I want him to go out tonight and if he dropped me off he'd want to come in."

"Ah fair enough." I nodded. "Is anyone going with you?" I pressed the button for the lift to come.

"My mum she's been to every appointment with me. She's really worried." Lily shrugged.

"But you're doing better right? So..."

"Yeah but mums don't stop worrying do they? Even if I'm walking again she's scared I'll fall or something. Again. Baby steps I'm going to take things slow and build up strength. I could be walking by Christmas." She smirked.

"That would be the best present really." I smiled across at her.