Hung up?

Double update!

"The party is next week and I do not feel ready at all." Lily moaned at me as we walked down the corridor together.

"You have a dress yet?" I asked.

"Nope, you?" She wondered.

"Maybe, I don't know." I hummed. "I went to work last night for the first time in what feels like forever and they let me look through the wardrobes for a bit but everything a little too fancy."

"Yeah I know, you're not dressing up then? Like a costume?" She asked.

"I don't think so. This party is going to be stressful everything that's going on I'm going to just blend in and make sure everything runs smoothly I think." I laughed.

"Well I am dressing up because Matt is and everyone I know is. But God knows what." She laughed.

"You'll look great in whatever." I told her.

- - - - -

"We've got good numbers but I'm afraid there isn't going to be enough people." I said to Richard as we went out to the cinema that night and were walking back.

"You have a week still right? I'm sure I could get some friends to turn up and make the place look full." Richard shrugged.

"You're friends?" I mumbled.

"Yes, what's wrong?"

"They're a year older and intimidating. It's fine, I'll work something out. That night I thought a couple of hours into the party you could come to mine and we could chill." I hummed kissing him gently.

"You don't want to go to the party?" He said asked as we walked along the pitch black road.

"I mean I do, but i can't be bothered to stay for so long. And everyone will be occupied and not interrupt us so I thought we could meet at mine for once?" I said. "I have a double bed." I whispered.

"So I'm not invited to the party?" He smirked.

"Well, no. I didn't want to risk anything but you can come I guess? As long as we don't--"

"I was joking." He laughed at me.

"Not nice." I hummed as we approached the alley. "Anyway, this is me. Ill see you next Friday then yeah?" I smiled up at him before kissing him and walking down the alley to get back to Ashford.

It was weird how we used to see each other everyday give or take and now we struggle to see each other once a week. That's reduced the amount of arguments we have though.

- - - - -

"So Ollie do you have date for the party on Friday?" I heard Emma say coming up behind Oliver and distracting him from the conversation we were having about the paper.

"Ha, uh no." Oliver said turning away from me.

"You think we could go together?" She asked gently and I applaud her for having the guts to ask a guy out but it sounded a little desperate.

"Uh.." He looked around for a bit and for a moment I thought her looked at me but I shrugged it off and looked around the canteen for someone else to look at. "Sure, Emma why not?" He sighed.

"Great. See you Friday." Emma said proudly quickly saying bye to me before Oliver turned back to me.

"So, Ollie... Where were we?" I mocked him trying not to laugh.

"Hey, don't mock. I can't say no to the poor girl, it's harsh." Oliver defended himself.

"I'll give you that, at least your not a guy harsh enough to turn her down." I smiled. "Anyway I thought about it and I think you could definitely have that promotion at the paper."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean you earned it." I smile gently.

"Thanks, Jen. Really." He nodded before hugging me.

"Oh! Okay?" I said awkwardly as we'd never hugged or anything before. "It's no big deal really." I said standing up getting ready to leave.

"It is, but I'll see you later." He smiled as Jack joined him at the table and I left because I had classes to go to.

- - - - -

"I think she likes you." Jack said nodding head happily.

"No, she doesn't. I think she's hung up on her ex." Oliver said slowly thinking about it.

"It's annoying because I asked her out to that party and didn't get any kind of response as you're getting." Jack complained

"I'm not getting any response. I don't like her that way and she doesn't like me that way." He replied getting a little heated and weird.

"Whatever, man. I just get the idea that she kind of-- you know--"

"There's nothing there. You saw the way she acted the minute her ex walked in that night. It was like suddenly we were nothing and she had to run off with him. How do we know she went back to dorm and not straight to his place?" Oliver scoffed getting angry.

"Well all I think is that she's still single and has no date to that party next week." Jack smiled at him as he left Oliver alone to think about that.

- - - - -

"Tomorrow's the day." Lily said waking me coming into my room at like 7am Thursday morning.

"Day?" I huffed turning over in bed.

"The party. Everything we've been planning for, for the last month." She scoffed sitting on my legs.

"If you think that's going to wake me up it won't." I rolled my eyes at her as she stood up again and sat up in bed.

"Jen this is so exciting." Lily grinned at me as I got out of bed slowly and looked through my wardrobe.

"I don't have class until 10 couldn't you of waited until I don't know... 9:30 to tell me how excited you were." I groaned rubbing my eye slightly and picking out what to wear for breakfast.

Even though how I'd been coping recently with eating was not eating breakfast. I was weaning myself back onto lunch and dinner by having tiny portions of stuff.

"Stop being a spoil sport. You get your last two classes off today and tomorrow to help decorate the gym and make it look nice." Lily encouraged.

"I know, I know." I hummed smiling back at her.