Going home

"Look at this bag." I screeched walking into dorm that Saturday night and holding this new backpack that was black matte leather and gold studded near the edges.

"Holy Jesus, that's a nice bag." Lily jumped out of her seat and walked towards me inspecting the bag.

"I am in love." I smiled admiring it holding it in front of Lily.

"Where did you get this?" Lily squeaked taking it from me and placing it on her back like it was hers.

"Work, we got this new line of accessories and they were giving out free samples. And the Free samples are £100 bags. This is how crazy my work is." I said proudly.

"Oh my, a hundred?" She asked carefully taking it off her back and just holding it instead.

"Yep. Hey if they give out anymore next time I'll grab one for you. Or get Lewis to get a nice one, I promise." I smiled taking the bag back from her and hanging it on the hook of my door.

"How was work?" She asked.

"Good, I like modelling accessories it's kinda nice not to have all the focus on you and more on the bag you have on you're back." I smiled grabbing a bottle of water and getting ready to watch some more arrow with Lily.

"Home tomorrow though." Lily muttered.

"For two days and I'm coming back with violet." I laughed. "I'm not leaving you for that long." I said as I saw her pouting at me as she wasn't going home this week at all.

She decided that she couldn't be bothered to travel and her parents were too lazy to come and get her so she yelled at them on FaceTime and told them she wasn't coming home until Christmas.

"But when you come back you'll have a child with you." Lily moaned.

"And if Maisie were still alive would you complain because I had my child with me?" I said a bit harshly.

"Woah deep." Lily scoffed.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"No I should be the one apologising I know how much violet means to you." She explained her self quickly and I just thanked her and we moved on from the uncomfortable topic.

"But you know what, Matt, Lucy and Olivia aren't here tomorrow or Monday either so I'm literally on my own until you get back Tuesday with Violet." She complained laying down on the sofa and resting her feet on my legs as I started to get comfortable too.

"I know, know. You'll be fine thought I'm sure you'll find something to do. I don't know maybe write some or your articles so they're on time." I glared at her.

"I'm not bad with deadlines." She declined.

"Last week you gave me a piece from last month." I tried not laugh at her but I couldn't keep it in and just grinned at her stupidly.

"Woah alright. Here." She stood up and walked round to her desk. "I have two of my next pieces completed." Lily insisted shoving them on my lap.

"Oh thanks I'm trying to relax and you want me to proof read them now?" I smirked.

"Get someone else to proof them." Lily rolled her eyes.

"Yeah I will thanks." I smiled placing the papers back down on the coffee table and them un-paused the TV ready to snuggle down and chill out on our last night before I had to go home tomorrow.

- - - - -

I said goodbye to Lily in the morning and caught a lift with Matt to the station where I had real trouble saying goodbye to him. "When are you coming back to school?" I pouted.

"Friday in time for the party I promised you last week." Matt mumbled into my mouth as I didn't really give him time to speak as I knew I'd miss him loads. It was those first few weeks in a relationship where we just couldn't keep our hands off each other, quite literally.

"Can't you come back sooner?" I moaned kissing him some more as I leaned across in the car.

"I'm sorry my mum and dad want me to help get the spare room painted and decorated." Matt rolled his eyes.

"And you can't sneak away for one day. What a pain." I groaned turning away and stepping out of the car where he stepped out too to say goodbye to me before I got on the train home.

"I'll see you in six days don't worry." He smirked pulling me closer to him and kissing me slowly as I smiled into his mouth. "Now go catch your train." He laughed.

"See you later." I smiled giving him one last kiss before heading off with my bag towards the train station and saw him get in his car and drive off after he'd seen me get inside.

I bought my ticket online, quite conveniently, so when the train arrived early I could get straight on as I had printed off my ticket the minute I got there. I sat on the train for what felt like hours until I reached home and I was kind of excited and kind of moping because I wasn't with my friends.

I heard straightaway the minute I got off the train the yells of a six year old child coming towards me and I smiled as she bumped head first into me and wrapped her little arms around my legs tightly. "Jenna." She squealed obviously very excited to see me and then she jumped continuously up and down chanting "up" until I picked her up and she gave me a big kiss.

"Mummy and daddy are over there." She pointed to the doors that led through the ticket office and out towards the car park. It was kinda sweet that they remembered when my train got in and they picked me up.

I was just going to get a taxi but hey, this is cheaper. I held Violet while still holding my heavy bag as I had definitely over packed for two nights. "I'm going home with youu." Violet sung as we walked towards dad and Rachel.

"Yeah in a couple of days." I smiled. "Don't tell mummy but I've bought you loads of sweets for when you're staying at mine." I grinned at her tapping her cheek as I saw her face brighten up.

"Mummy look, Jenna's here." Violet struggled out of my arms as we got closer to Rachel and dad and then she pulled her mum towards me. Dad took my bag from me and I smiled at them both.

"You didn't need to pick me up." I laughed.

"Violet insisted." Dad joked ruffling her hair as she stood in front of them both. We all headed back to the car and it felt really nice to be home actually, I did miss Ashford but actually home was so nice.

- - - - -

"How are things?" Dad asked sensitively as the last time I saw him was the beginning of term and I could say I was probably deeply depressed. I hated everyone around me and it is bad to say I felt really envious of Rachel for being able to have her child.

"Better." I smiled holding hands with Violet as she bounced up and down in front of me, we all sat in the living room and Violet was showing me all the stuff I missed out on. Her school uniform and her new toys and all her new writing skills and school games and I was talking to dad and Rachel really but pretending to be really interested in Violet.

"We thought you might not have come home alone." Dad smiled, he was sneaky.

"Who? Richard? We're uh still not together." I said embarrassingly.

"But you're with someone else? You seem like you have that boyfriend face on." Dad laughed at me.

"Maybe." I smiled.

"V, why don't you go and get Jenna her present." Rachel ushered Violet out of the room. I didn't question the present but I did then go on to tell dad about Matt. Dad said he liked the sound of him and Rachel and I had a bit of girl talk about him which was nice.

Now I was just waiting for my present from Violet. She had been gone a little while.