Up to something

"Could you please get it to me by next week Colin this isn't fair your parents will be expecting your byline by next Friday if you don't hand in you're work they'll be emailing me again and they're really mean." I laughed at the poor boy stood in front of me nervously.

He nodded quickly and left as I could see someone walking in the door behind him and I widened my eyes at who it was.

"Molly." I smiled seeing her come in clutching some folders in her hands and smiling back at me happily.

"You're a little mean in this newspaper business huh?" She joked sitting on the other side of the desk which automatically felt weird because she was older than me and prettier than me and I felt like I was judging her sat all mighty behind my desk.

"I've been meaner." I laughed turning in my chair and sorting some papers.

"How are you?" She asked gently.

"Good, and yourself?" I didn't look up as I asked her the question and I just continued to look at papers and sort them out into piles.

"Good as well I was wondering you're in charge of all this paper stuff yeah? Like hiring and firing?" She asked nervously.

"I sense you need a favour," I smiled at her.

"Not a favour exactly I was just wondering if there was a position for me at all?" Molly said placing a folder on the table.

"What's that?" I smirked.

"A file of my previous work I've done on the old paper." Molly pushed it towards me and I frowned at her oddly as she looked expectantly at me.

"The old paper? You wrote on there? Then you should be guaranteed a space on this one." I hummed suspiciously opening up the folder and glancing my eyes across the page.

"I didn't think I was very good so I didn't sign up, and now I kind of know the editor I thought you'd give me an honest report whether it's worth me even trying to grovel to you for a place." Molly smiled nervously.

I turned over the page and skimmed the articles. "You're good, really good. I think..." I turned around and flicked up my calendar and check what beat I'd give people this term and found a space in the features beat. "How does features sound?" I asked confirmed with her.

"Wow really?" She looked a bit confused.

"Yeah you're good, actually great so yeah start next week and be on time with handing it in, please." I smiled at her as she stood up.

"Thanks so much." She said taking the file back off me and leaving the office.

- - - - -

"So weird story, Molly comes to me today and asks me for a job on the paper." I spoke smiling as I sat down opposite Matt and next to Lily. She looked at me oddly as I had given Matt a weird look at the time.

"Molly? As in Richards Molly?" Lily asked surprisingly taking an interest in what I was saying.

"Yeah she came all desperate to me like wanting a job as a reporter or writer or something." I explained.

"She's up to something." Lily shrugged carelessly.

"She is not." I smiled nudging her side gently.

"She probably just testing the water, see how close she can get to you or something. I don't know, I don't know her plan but she's up to something." Lily explained. I'm sure if Lucy and Olivia were here they would be backing up Lily too.

"Just because she's Richard new girlfriend means absolutely nothing. She's a nice girl, she helped me when violet was in the hospital." I argued.