Park demands

"I'm so glad your back tonight. Those two nights of being alone were awful I think I started hearing things whilst you were gone." Lily said standing in my doorway as I was making the bed for Violet and I to sleep in.

"I'm glad we're back too. I know it's harsh but being home isn't the same anymore. Before it was just dad and me and I'm not saying I don't like Rachel but..."

"It's a different atmosphere. I get it." Lily spoke over me.

"I love Violet, I really do but being at home is weird. It's like they say I'm welcome home but I don't feel like it. I feel like I'm intruding on their lives, mucking them up and taking over the spare room." I rolled my eyes looking quickly for Violet through the door to see her curled up on the sofa watching the TV.

"That's normal. I got like that a lot going back home in my first few years here. And now..I just walk in like I own the place and mum and dad are speechless." Lily smirked.

"That's a good idea but I could do that." I smiled walking past Lily back into the main room. "Hey v, you ready for bed?" I asked her tapping her leg as she was dozing off.

"Yeah," she hummed "carry me." She pouted looking up at me with cute little eyes begging me to take her.

"Alright." I smiled picking her up and instantly I felt her head curl into my neck and fall asleep quite comfortably against me. I walked into my room laid her down on my double bed and tucked her in. "Goodnight." I whispered.

"Night night." She whispered sleepily before falling asleep cuddling her little teddy bear against her neck and head.

- - - - -

"Where are we going today? Are we going to see Richard? You said if I came to school with you I'd see Richard." Violet jumped up and down on me as I'd just woken up and rolled over in bed.

"How long have you been awake?" I groaned at her.

"I was waiting for you." She pouted cutely and I just gave in to her because she was being too damn cute and shy. "So are we going to see Richard?" She finished her sentence.

"I don't think we'll have time." I raised my eyebrows as I got out of bed and started to find some clothes to wear. I knew I should get dressed before I start worrying about what to out Violet in.

"But you said--"

"Well that was before wasn't it?" I snapped rather harshly at her.

"Before what?" Violet mumbled sadly as I had raised my voice at her and she didn't like it.

"Before the holidays alright?" I snapped again. I felt instantly bad after raising my voice at her and I heard her sniffling as she settled down on the bed and played with her thumbs and toes.

"I'm sorry." Violet murmured adding a small sniff to the end of her sentence.

"No, I'm sorry. Jenna's just a little tired I think." I smiled at her before turning and spotting her suitcase of the floor. "How about we choose what you're going to wear? I heard mummy bought you some new clothes!" I laughed picking her up off the bed and lifting her into my arms.

I carried her to her suitcase and we knelt down beside it as she proceeded to show me everything she had bought. Pulling it out in a mess but actually putting it all back neatly once we'd chosen what she was going to wear.

"Where you off to today?" Lily greeted us as I was giving Violet cereal that I kept in my room. She gasped the box tightly in both hands and was grabbing handfuls at a time and eating it. I admit she didn't eat loads as she had tiny hands so she can't pick up much.

"I'm not sure at the moment." I said shrugging my shoulders and glancing over at Violet who was now watching TV and eating cereal out of the box. She must be in paradise right now.

"Where do kids like to go?" Lily asked.

"The zoo?"

"Swimming?"

"The park." We both said exactly the same time. "Perfect yes the park, want to come? It looks fairly sunny outside and we can grab lunch while we're out." I asked Lily.

"Yeah if you don't mind me tagging along." Lily smiled.

"Of course. I'll just grab my bag and we'll go." I told her before calling out to Violet. "V, grab your jumper we're leaving." I heard her rocket off the sofa and place the cereal down, grabbing her jacket and standing by the door ready.

"Someone's keen." Lily smiled bending down in front of her. "How do you like the sound of the park?" She asked Violet.

"Park. Park. Park." She changed excitedly as I approached them both and took violets hand. I was glad to know she was excited to be out with me.

- - - - -

We'd been at the park for a good hour maybe longer and Violet was not bored. She'd gone on almost everything in the playground, taken a break for lunch then continued to run about and actually even though I wasn't sure about it, interacted with other kids.

Lily and I were sat on the benches under a shelter and we both finished our lunch and we're just sat drinking coffee and watching Violet on the swings as she called for me to watch her go really high.

I did have to move bench a few time to make sure I could see her at all times but otherwise she would just call out to me or run over to me and drag me towards the slide or climbing frame to help her.

I did draw the line at somethings. They were for older kids and I knew Violet could do them but I wasn't risking it.

"Well done." I grinned at her as she came running back to Lily and I holding out her arms ready for a hug, which i have her quickly.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is." I heard a deep voice come at me as I was hugging Violet and I felt suddenly tense.

"I'm sorry who are you--" I started "Dan?" I folded my arms but held Violet close to me.

"Wait this is the Dan who tried to... You know in the treehouse and in the alleyway last year?" Lily interrupted, I gave her a small nod and she jumped up. "You're sick." She spat at him. "You're a sick bastard." Lily stated in the middle of the park luckily most people had gone home as it was getting late.

"Woah Lily, calm yourself." I laughed. "What do you want?" I snapped at him hoping he'd just leave me alone.

"This your kid?" He spat.

"My sister." I rolled my eyes at the age difference. It's ridiculous people think Violet could be my kid. I didn't have a kid 6 years ago. I had one 6 months ago.

"What do you want?" Lily moaned.