Average?

"Jenna can I talk to you about something?" Lily said biting her nails as I walked into dorm angrily.

"Not right now." I snapped heading to my dorm and making a detour to the mini fridge we had to get a bottle of water.

"What's the matter?" She asked nervously following me into my room.

"Nothing." I moaned.

"The meeting with the paper didn't go well then? Who's the new editor? Who do I have to suck up to now?" Lily joked trying to make me smile.

"Me." I rolled my eyes searching through my bag for something.

"What? So what's the matter?" She asked. "They didn't make you drop a subject did they?" She winced knowing how much I wanted to do 5 Alevels.

"Yep." I snapped throwing my text books for advanced maths her way as I knew she was studying it. "Here, mine have notes in and they're cleaner, take them." I scoffed.

"Jen. Isn't there anyway?"

"Nope. Isn't it great?" I shouted as if shouting at the world. "If I want to do the paper, something that would look amazing on my CV and university application, I have to quit maths." I moaned.

"Well at least you're still doing 4. Everyone else is dropping down to 3." Lily scoffed.

"Well I'm not everyone else okay? The one thing I'm good at is school, it's the only thing I ask for and now I'm just average? Like flicking a light switch I've gone from top of the class to any old person off the street?"

"Is this about your mum?" Lily said sadly looking at me.

"She managed 5 Alevels, a boyfriend and a part time job." I snapped.

"Well you're not the same. Besides your job you can manage, and the paper is job in its self so you're already carrying too much. And a boyfriend? God knows what's going on there."

"It's not too much." I lashed out at her.

"That's actually what I wanted to speak to you about." Lily muttered.

"What?"

"Richard stopped by the party last night." She mumbled.

"Oh yeah?" I hummed not sure where this was going.

"He was looking for you and I just thought with everything that happened this summer? The Paris thing. You two aren't--" she stopped suddenly.

"No Lily. Far from it." I scoffed.

"Did he find you?" She asked.

"What?"

"Last night did he find you?" Lily released.

"Yes he came by the pub for a drink to ask me something then left." I shrugged it off.

"Oh what was that then?"

"Just to ask something about school." I smiled at her. "Anyway I should really be getting to work on some homework." I stood up holding the door.

"Lunch, meet later yeah?" She frowned at me.

"Yeah." I said closing the door on her and sighing.

- - - - -

"Yep, yes, yeah. Any form of the word yes Oliver." I mumbled at him as he came grovelling to me as I sat at my desk.

"You mean it?" He asked.

"Uh huh, you're writing is great and we need new writers because a load left this year." I hummed typing up spelling corrections on my computer for the the first edition of the paper.