Curious

"Oh you're not serious." I laughed at Dan. This incredibly stupid, idiot boy. "I don't have time for kids like you playing silly games." I snapped at him. I'd told Lily to take violet away as Dan and I took it to a more secluded area. I can fight my own battles.

"I'm not the new kid anymore." He shrugged.

"But still the stupid one." I smiled harshly.

"Don't talk to me like that." He threatened taking a step closer to me.

"Don't think you can threaten me." I scowled at him. "I've already loss just about enough to send me over the edge, do not push me further kid." I continued to stare at him and he kind of backed off for a bit. I could see him processing what I had said.

"Where's your daughter?" Dan came at it from a different angle.

"She's dead." I spat.

"Your fault by any chance?" He mocked.

"Don't fucking talk about her." I growled. He could see this was aggravating me and was using it to his best advantage.

"You're that bad of a mother?" Dan continued to hit a nerve within me. A part I wish I didn't have, I wish I could just let it go.

"I said don't talk about her." I backed him against the wall and had my hand locked tightly around his throat. I wasn't sure what I was doing. Hurting people, being violent, wast the way I handled things.

"What was her name?" He gargled as I tightened my grip on his throat and I could see him get a little panicked.

"Do you want me to take this any further?" I got right up in his face and growled at him like some sort of animal.

"It's a joke." He said desperate for air.

"Not a very funny one." I breathed in his face as I saw him struggling for breath and I knew I was taking this too far, I knew it was wrong. But I couldn't bring myself to pull my hand away. Turns out I didn't have to either.

Suddenly someone tackled me to the floor and I had let go Dan and he was scampering away muttering "Psycho bitch" before disappearing out of sight. I was laying on the floor with this persons body on top of me and I pushed at him to move away.

"What the fuck." I brushed my self off before eventually getting up off the floor. "Why did you do that? Stop me?" I asked this stranger as he got up off the floor too.

"For Maisie." He said pulling down his hood to reveal Matt stood there. Oh this was just crazy. "Are you alright?" He asked grabbing my hand comfortingly.

"I'm fine, that idiot isn't though. I almost strangled him half to death." I panicked feeling the guilt sweep over me.

"He's a dick. You taught him a lesson, just next time, take it easy." Matt laughed stepping closer to me.

"I couldn't-- I-I couldn't control it Matt." I stuttered a little disturbed off my actions and letting go off his hands in fear of hurting him too. "I haven't been right since Maisie died and now I know why." I was shaking.

"Look, you're fine. No harm done. Let's get out of here and find Lily and Violet, and head home before Dan tells his friends and we have to rough up a herd of those idiots." Matt said leading the way.

"It's not a joke." I reluctantly smiled as I punched his arm slightly.

"Oh I never said it was." He smiled back. This was why I was with him.