First fights

"How was your date?" Lily asked me as I huffed back into dorm late at night. She has been betting the whole time that this thing would turn out badly and well I guess she was right.

"It wasn't a date." I lashed out at her through gritted teeth and sat on the floor leaning forward up against the door, I held my bag over my face feeling awful almost straight away.

"Bad then?" She asked sitting down next to me.

"Very bad." I mumbled sadly.

"How?"

"Well it kind of started that the whole thing was very awkward..."

- - - - -

"Hey." Richard smiled at me as I sat down opposite him and next to Matt. I glanced over at the empty space and didn't see Molly and looked kind of confused.

"Hey uh where's your girlfriend?" I laughed at him.

"I'm here." Molly smiled as she sat down, obviously come from the toilets or something.

"Oh cool." I said looking down at my lap nervously as I sat down. "Uh I'm glad to hear about your news Molly." I pointed out, thinking this was the best conversation starter.

"I'm just glad the whole school knows." Molly joked staring at Richard but it kind of felt like a dig at me as if it was my fault that Richard had come and told me.

- - - - -

"Things started to look up..I think." I said looking over at Lily. "I mean, it was awkward lil like you can imagine."

"Oh I could imagine." She smiled, revelling in my misfortune.

"But then things were friendly... And Matt well he got a bit too friendly." I moaned into hand as Lily laughed at me.

- - - - -

"So did you decide where you're going on your little holiday?" Richard asked us as things started to look up and we finally had normal conversations.

"Uh yeah we decided on this cool I think it's 6 bedroom villa thing in the countryside it's near a town and it's got a pool and an indoor hot tub but it's in the middle of nowhere so it's cheap." I explained to him.

"Oo that sounds really cool especially in winter an indoor hot tub!" He smiled.

"Well I think we have beds free, you could always join us if you wanted?" Matt blurted out and I wanted to slap him round the face last thing I wanted was them coming.

"Really?" Richard started to sound interested and so did Molly.

- - - - -

"No." Lily widened her eyes.

"Yes." I moaned.

"They're coming?" She asked.

"Oh they're coming." I mumbled.

"Oh Jesus."

"Oh that's not the best of it." I smiled over at her.

"What could be worse?" Lily complained as I proceeded to tell her what else had happened.

- - - - -

"Well, we'll see you later." Matt and I said as we parted getting towards Ashford once again.

"See ya." They replied waving a little bit as then Matt and I walked towards his dorm, deciding to crash out from a long night.

"So er you weren't serious when you invited Richard and Molly to come away with us were you?" I asked flopping onto the sofa next to Matt and cuddling up to him.

"I wouldn't have asked them if I wasn't serious." Matt laughed.

"Really? I mean they can't come." I lectured.

"What do you mean?"

"Richard is my ex boyfriend I don't want him there." I started to take charge and order things because he wasn't acting stupidly.

"And Lily's my ex girlfriend but she's still coming." Matt frowned getting angry.

"Lily's my best friend and she organised the trip." I scowled at him leaning away and sitting on the other side of the sofa.

"Do you not want him there for some other reason?" Matt asked raising his eyebrows.

"Another reason other than he's my ex?" I shouted starting the argument.

"Do you still have feeling for him? Because if you didn't you wouldn't mind him being there." Matt raised his voice too getting angry.

"Oh I do not have feelings for him!" I groaned. "I love you, we've been over this." I sighed.

"Well right now it sounds like you don't." He huffed.

"Well then trust me! Because I don't have feelings for him." I shouted standing up and moving away from him.

"Then why don't you want him coming on the trip?" Matt stood up and followed me towards the door.

"Because--" I couldn't put it in to words. I hate using Maisie as an excuse, I think it's pathetic.,

"See!" Matt laughed.

"Oh shut up." I stormed away slamming the door on him, how dare he even think I have feelings for Richard, that ended months ago and will never happen again.

- - - - -

"Oh Jenna." Lily placed an arm around me. "Is it your first fight?" She asked comfortingly as I leant my head against the wall

"Yep." I moaned painfully.

"He's an idiot, I know from experience, he'll come begging back for you tomorrow." Lily told me to make me feel better.

"Good, I need to shout at him some more." I said. "He doesn't understand I don't want to spend my whole break worrying what Richard thinks of me or what weird shit he's going to involve me in this time. I don't think it's fair."

"It's not. Do you want me to shout at him?" Lily laughed.

"No I think I'll be ok on my own. I was a bit stupid about it, I didn't tell him why, I guess he has some right to be angry, but ugh I hate arguing. Things with Matt were supposed to be different. Less drama and less arguments." I pouted.

"Everyone has arguments, you had arguments before you were even together. It's part of life." Lily smiled trying to reassure me but after all this, I was still sat on the floor in my fancy dress feeling like crap after a shitty dinner I didn't even want to go to.

I knew things were odd between Richard and I and week away together was not going to make matters any better.