Kissing around

Lily was looking for Jenna and Jesse everywhere. She'd searched pretty much anywhere she thought they'd be and when they weren't there, she finally checked the bathrooms.

But she walked in on rather an intimate scene. Jesse knelt down in front of Jenna and talking softly to her but then she noticed somethings they were getting closer and then they kissed.

Lily was going to burst in there and make a scene but her and Jesse weren't officially a couple so it was best not to ruin things before they got started.

"Lily." I said seeing her walk in about 2 minutes after we'd kissed and I was so glad she hadn't walked in any earlier.

"Hey how are you?" She asked.

"Better." I glanced at Jesse. "You didn't phone Richard did you?"

"No, I thought it best not to. I knew you were just panicking." Lily laughed a little before helping Jesse up and I stood up too.

"You guys stay. I'm going to go back dorm." I muttered.

"We'll come." Lily said stepping forward.

"No, stay I can get home fine." I laughed as they walked me out of the club and I made my way towards the alley to get home.

- - - - -

"Hi." Lily said quickly after knocking on the door and if being swung wide open. It was early morning still and it was pretty quiet.

"Hi..." Richard said staring at her weirdly. They haven't spoken in 4 months either so you can imagine the awkwardness.

"I need to talk to you about Jenna, she's been... Oh let's say kissing around? I'm not sure what I can--"

"Jenna? Been kissing someone you like?" Richard scoffed.

"Yeah." Lily responded.

"Lil, no. I can't help you there. You know her history and no one can stop her there." Richard moaned at Lily and then shut the door on her before she could even get another word in.

- - - - -

Lily needed a plan of what to say to Richard. She knew he would get involved if there was something in it for him. She had to think of something that she could bargain with and perhaps telling Richard about Jenna's true feelings would change his mind.

"Richard." Lily said walking straight into his dorm without knocking or waiting just sneaking in behind him.

"Oh, you again." Richard moaned.

"I thought you might want to know something." Lily hummed. "About a certain someone."

"You already told me about Jenna. She's trying to ruin your life big whoop." He laughed at her.

"No, no. She's trying to find someone to keep her distracted from you." Lily raised her eyebrows.

"What?"

"Yeah ever since you kissed her at Christmas she's starting to think she might have feeling for you again, but your little speech put her off the idea." Lily rolled her eyes.

"That was the idea." He scoffed.

"So your telling me you'd rather be with Molly than Jenna?" Lily stopped and waited for his response before ranting on at him.

"Yes, if she's still going around kissing guys then yes." Richard replied.

"How many times? If she was with you, she'd be 10 times happier and wouldn't be letting Jesse kiss her. But she's single and alone." Lily explained clearly.

"I'm sorry Lily but she's gone too far and I'm not single." Richard said.

"Oh fuck you." Lily said leaving his room and slamming the door. She hated that they clearly liked each other but weren't ever going to be together any time soon.

- - - - -

"Is everything okay?" I asked Lily as she huffed into dorm as I was walking out.

"Not really." She moaned. "Where are you going?"

"Modelling." I said quietly.

"I thought you stopped?" She said curiously.

"No, there was a long time where I wasn't being called in for anything but I'm back to normal...ish hours now." I explained. "I'd ask if you want to talk but I'm just heading out. Hey, you could come with me."

"Nah it's okay. I'm making a fuss out of nothing." She waved her hand at me.

"Well, if you're sure...ill see you later." I smiled before closing the door and heading off to modelling.

- - - - -

"Paper, modelling, A-levels... Jenna..." Mr brown said sitting opposite me at my desk in the newsroom. It was weird to be on the other side of the desk, the powerful side.

"Are being Balanced perfectly well." I smiled rolling my eyes in a joking fashion and then laughing a little as I typed up a few things on my computer.

"Are they? We thought you quit this modelling Job and all of a sudden your back there most nights." Mr brown said.

"Right, hear me out. I am doing fine. I keep myself busy, I don't have much of a social life at the moment now and so the time that everyone else is spending hanging with friends I'm modelling and earning money." I explained briefly.

"Ok, and the paper?"

"Was given to me by Richards parents, I'm the editor I'm not turning away from that." I moaned at him looking away from my computer for the first time in 5 minutes.

"Ok and how are your grades coping?" He asked.

"They're fine. I'm doing great." I smiled glancing over at him quickly.

"Are they?" He asked.

"You've got our mock results haven't you?" I said sitting back on my chair and not looking at my computer anymore.

"What would it matter?"

"You know I've done badly, that's why you're talking to me about it." I scoffed. "You couldn't wait for me to find out what I got and then decide for myself?" I wasn't annoyed at him just a little agitated that I didn't even get to decide for myself if they were bad.

"It's not exactly like that. You're one of the top pupils in the year and we're spending the time making sure you're on track."

"Go on then, what did I get?" I asked.

"Miss Coleman..."

"Go on." I insisted. He reached inside his little briefcase-looking bag and pulled out a file. Mine, I assumed. Then with a sigh looked down and read the results aloud.