Party planning

"Just because I take a day off doesn't mean you can not hand in your articles." I complained at a student that was younger than me down the phone. "Yes I understand but I already gave you an extension." I hummed.

I sat back in my office chair and sighed until I saw a figure come into my office and my eyes widened. Richard.

"Okay whatever, just get me them by tomorrow, bye. Bye." I said quickly hanging up as Richard locked the door to my office and came and sat opposite me.

"Bossy!"

"What are you doing here?" I smiled. "I thought we said Monday."

"We did say Monday but I was bored and I bought supplies." He said pulling out a paper bag which I assumed had food in. "You never have time to eat when you do nights at the paper."

"Thank you." I smiled. "But you can't be here when people come to see me, how did you even get in here without anyone noticing."

"There are very few people out there and if they are they're half asleep." Richard laughed.

"Whatever." I laughed. "Come here." I leant forward and he kissed me quickly before I sat back and started to work. He watched me intently and we chatted as I did things.

"I feel like I've eaten this whole thing." Richard joked as we sat and some dinner that he had bought. A few sandwiches and crisps and chocolate.

"That's because you probably have." I laughed taking like the second bite of my sandwich before continuing to type on the computer.

"A laptop and a computer. What's the point you can't type at the same time." Richard frowned as he tucked into yet another sandwich.

"I need both, the laptop I take with me and edit stuff. The computer has the printers details and the final copies on." I smiled.

"Did anyone teach you how to do this?" He asked.

"Nope, I went on a course but that didn't help so I watched a few things online and after fiddling about with the system it's easy to do." I said looking over the layout of the next issue.

"Nice."

"However the next person will have full training from me and not suck at editing like I did for the month of working here." I smirked.

"I'm sure they will appreciate that." Richard said.

"Do you think a lot of people actually read it?" I wondered sitting back.

"Of course they do. My parents recommend it to anyone they know, your dad reads it, Lily's parents ignore it with all of their ability." Richard joked about Lily.

"They really don't like this school, or her for that matter." I frowned thinking about it.

- - - - -

"I have to go meet Lily to discuss this party so I hate to say it but you have to go now." I smiled up at Richard.

"Alright, well. Monday morning?" He kissed me gently as I gathered my stuff into my arms and we went to the door.

"See you then." I smiled kissing him back and then he left. Then a few moments later, I left.

I went back to dorm to see absolutely everyone in the dorm. All 9 of the friends we are close to make the dorm room look small.

"Look she's back, someone make room for the hard working one." Jack joked as I wandered in and chucked my bag on the floor.

"I didn't know all of you were going to be here, I would of made an effort to look a little better than I do." I grumbled ruffling my short hair between my fingers and looking down at myself in jeans and an oversized t-shirt that belonged to Richard but no one knew.

For all I knew I was going to the paper to do some work then hang out with Lily.

"Ah you look perfect come on." Matt had got off the sofa and grabbed me by now and then made me sit with him and Jack on the sofa.

"What are we doing then?" I said leaning back exhausted only to see Oliver sat on the arm of the sofa.

"Big party. Costume essential and that's as far as we got. Went off topic a lot." Lily explained glancing at Lucy and Olivia who were clearly the ones changing the subject all the time.

Lily was at on the floor with Emma next to her. Olivia and Lucy were also on the floor but opposite them. Jack, Matt and I were on the sofa. Tom and Marty opposite that on some chairs we had and Oliver who gave up his seat for me changing between the arm of the chair and the floor.

We all faced the coffee table and the blank sheet of paper with a pen laid next to it.

"You have the neatest writing." Matt moaned at me jabbing my side.

"Fine, I'll write but then I'll be doing less of the organising in my head." I shrugged.

"Okay fine, Lily can write." Matt laughed.

"No, Emma can." Lily passed the paper to her as we all started spitting ideas and she jotted them all down eagerly and smiled the whole time. If it was me I'd be complaining at everyone to shut the hell up.

- - - - -

"I'm not okay with the fact that you brought beer." I moaned at Oliver as we took a break from planning. He sat next to me on the sofa. Unfortunately there wasn't enough to go around anyway so most people were sharing.

"It's not enough to do any harm." Oliver moaned back as he crossed his legs and faced me just like I was doing with him.

"Alcohol is bad." I mumbled taking the bottle from his hand and sipping it.

"Says the woman who's drinking it. Not to mention the other night." Oliver laughed.

"It's not enough to do any harm apparently." I smirked at him and he took the bottle back from me and sipped it also.

"You enjoy your drink, don't you?" He asked.

"Sometimes. I don't always do drunken nights I promise." I smiled leaning back and basically laying down on the sofa as if to go to sleep.

"Yeh yeah, whatever you say Coleman." He mocked standing up and going to talk to Matt about something or other.