Hospital pt.1

"Don't look so worried. Richard, please." I said to him as he barged in the hospital room making a massive scene and I wondered what the hell had got into his system.

"Worried? You're in hospital?" He blurted out breathlessly.

"I tripped on the stairs and fell a few steps. I was knocked unconscious so they brought me in. Richard, I promise I'm fine." I explained to him quickly as I really wasn't in the mood, I didn't even know why I was here, let alone him.

"You're okay?" He asked completely shocked.

"Victoria. Can you please tell him I'm okay?" I turned to her as she was doing technical stuff behind me.

Victoria turned about and looked at him, she smiled and agreed with me. I sensed she didn't want to though. "She's alright." She said slowly.

"Well, then. When are you out of here?" Richard asked gently.

"Ah she's all patched up we just need to do one or two final... assessments." Victoria nodded across at me and I wondered why she was being so weird about it.

"Alright, how about I grab us some coffee and when you finish the assessments we can drink and go." Richard shrugged holding my hand loosely.

"Sounds great." I nodded as he came forward and kissed my head gently before disappearing out the doors and finally leaving me alone again, thank god.

"You're going to have to tell him some time." Victoria said in her sing song voice, which I knew she did to try and get to me, but it wasn't going to work this time.

"No, I won't. Neither will you." I sighed laying back on the sofa.

- - - - -

Richard had gone down to the coffee shop and grabbed a drink for them both each and even some snacks in case she had to stay any longer and they got hungry. Though Jenna was never hungry anymore.

It was on his way back up that he noticed something really... suspicious. He thought it kind of normal if the hospital had rang him, but to see Kate, her therapist walking into Jenna room and then closing the blinds, that surprised him and worried him a little bit.

She'd definitely lied to him.

He binned the drinks in annoyance and went off to phone Lily, just so he could moan at her for a little bit and get some stuff off his chest.

"I want to know why Kate's here." Richard began to Lily.

"Well maybe she's been called in about her eating habits. You never know, I always said there would be something crazy wrong with her if she continued like this and it's probably finally happened. Now she'll realise how bad it is to not eat." Lily said over the phone.

"I guess so, but I want to be told about this sort of stuff and Jenna's in a weird no-telling mood.

"You have to wait for her, to come to you. No forcing this rich." Lily explained. "Hey you're in the ED at the moment yeah?" She asked.

"Yeah why?"

"Well I had a hospital appointment and Matt and I are just leaving the hospital. If you want we could always come and round and check it out." Lily explained.

"I don't know...she doesn't really like seeing people." Richard frowned.

"We'll see you in 15 minutes, we want to stop and get lunch in cafe, unless you want to join?" Lily scoffed.

"Nah thanks." He said over the phone hanging up quickly.

- - - - -

"Hiya." Lily wheeled herself toward Richard as he sat outside Jenna's room in a chair bent over with his head in his hands. He looked like he had just been told some really bad news. "Oh hey, Rich. What's the matter?" Lily worried seeing his face.

"Nothing. It's nothing. I just had a very long conversation with a doctor and it bothered me a little bit. If you don't mind, I think I'm going to go and speak to Jenna in private for once." Richard sighed completely shrugging her off.

"What happened?" Matt nudged him.

"I confronted Victoria." He nodded before getting up and walking towards her door. He soon disappeared into her room and Matt and Lily were sat outside waiting.

- - - - -

"Hey." I said seeing Richard walk in the room and I smiled gently at him but he looked a bit hurt and so I refrained from being too happy.

"The doctors have been talking to me." Richard said slowly walking in the room and that's when I started shaking.

"Oh yeah." I smiled gently, I could pull this off, he thought I'd tripped. What sort of shit could he make up in his head that would end up in the truth?

"I know Jen." He said all of a sudden and I felt like throwing up. Literally right there and then, I could of puked. "They told me."

"It's not what you think." I mumbled.

"You weren't brought in for tripping up a step were you?" He scoffed. "You actually think I'm an idiot who wouldn't find out? It took me all of 30 minutes to notice something was up."

"Rich--"

"Took me an hour or maybe longer to hear the real story." He raised his voice and it frightened me a little bit, I'm not entirely sure why it did, it just made me want to cry.

"I--"

"Self harm, Jenna? Really?" He suddenly yelled and I started shaking more and wanting to cry and hide my face.

"First you've got this muscle weakness that you never bothered to explain to me. Then the underweight business and you're not eating and now this... What's next huh?" He snapped and i couldn't look him in the face.

"I-i-i" I tried to mumbled and make something up but I couldn't form words. Tears were staring to fall.

"Come on then, what's next then? Alcohol? Drugs?" He continued to shout at me.

"No!" I suddenly burst out feeling like I wanted to throw up.

"Well that's all you've got left to try!" He sighed turning away from me and it went silent except me sobbing in the background. What must he be thinking of me now?

TBC