Mysteries

"Lily, you alright?" Matt asked her as she came in to his dorm room later on that night. "You don't look great, what's the matter?"

"Jenna has been back in our lives almost 48 hours and she's already causing ten times more stress and ten times more drama. I don't know what to do matt." Lily cried out.

"What's happened now?"

"Richard just caught me in the corridor on the way to coming to see you. He tells me to tell Jen that he loves her and if that not creepy enough, he says he's going away." Lily yelled.

"Wow, explain this to me." Matt asked and she told him the entire story and the order of events, it didn't take her long.

"Matt, what do I tell Jen? She's already emotionally wrecked and she doesn't know what to do with her relationship. She's just stopped self harming and now I have to tell her, her boyfriends fucked off for over a month." She yelled at him.

"I don't know what to say that's so weird of him to do. But you have to tell Jenna, she needs to know." Matt nodded.

"You think?"

"I know." He smiled before gently kissing Lily's forehead.

- - - - -

"I took your advice Lily but I looked everywhere for Richard today and couldn't find him." I complained stepping into my old dorm, I was basically moved back in now and I spent most of my time there. I did still sometimes sleep at the old dorm but hardly ever.

"Oh that's weird." She coughed and looked away from me.

"What?" I snapped.

"What?"

"You know something. You look guilty, what's happened?" I asked a little agitated from this whole thing.

"I spoke to Richard last night." Lily shrugged.

"When?"

"Late last night, he stopped me in the corridor and uh--" you could tell she was trying to word things carefully or figure out what to tell me and how.

"What lil?"

"He said he was going away. Well no actually he didn't say he was going away. His words were 'I'll be back in time for Maisie's birthday' and then he just took off." Lily yelled.

"What does that mean? 'Back before Maisie's birthday?' I don't understand." I said standing still like everything had just fallen apart around me.

"He's gone for a month. I'm sure he'll explain when he's back." Lily tried to reassure me. "Jen?"

"I pushed him away." I sighed not taking the news very well. "He's left because of me."

"Now stop this, you can't keep blaming yourself for things like this. It's how you got into this state in the first place." Lily moaned at me and I could tell she was probably a little bit fed up. "Any idea where he could of gone?"

"Uh, no. Back to uni is my best bet but he had his last exam yesterday so he doesn't have to go back there at all." I explained to her.

"Right, so maybe something's happened at home and he was in too much of a rush to tell anyone before he left." Lily shrugged trying to make sense of it all.

"Too much of a rush to text or call his girlfriend, I don't know lil." I snapped.

She looked over at me like she was pissed off, I would be too. You're best friend comes back into your life and suddenly drags you into drama and worrying.

"I will call him but for now you need to cool off and have a nap or something." Lily moaned back at me.

- - - - -

"Where are you off to?" Lily asked as I was almost out of the door of our dorm.

"Hospital appointment."

"Oh yeah?"

"And I thought maybe after I would stop by Richard house, he lives close by and see if he's at home. I've still not had any word, have you?" I asked a little panicked still.

"Nothing." Lily shrugged and sighed once again very much annoyed that he hadn't bothered to tell his girlfriend where he had disappeared to.

He was meant to come to this appointment with me, it was a check up on the self harming and to see the therapist there because they don't believe Kate does anything for me when she's the only person that actually does.

Gone for a whole week and not even a text. Maisie's birthday was in three weeks, did he really think he'd not be back until then. I wasn't even thinking about it, something I tried to avoid all the time, her birthday.

"Anyway, do you want me to come to the appointment? I have to go to the hospital soon anyway." Lily offered and gladly accepted.

"Yeah sure, you ready now? I've got a car picking me up." I nodded.

"Why don't we drive?" She asked.

"Why don't you?" I scoffed because that question wasn't asked often.

"I can't drive, yet."

"Well..."

"To get over this whole think you need to face your fear. Your car that we bought you for your 18th is out there and hasn't been touched, Rachel dropped it here just after the accident." Lily sighed.

"I can't drive lil." I snapped.

"Yes you can." She moaned. "You have to not be afraid for once in your life, you're a great driver and I'll always tell you that this was not your fault." Lily repeated for about the tenth time just today.

"Alright. I'll give it a try I guess." I smiled nervously grabbing my car keys from my room and going back over to the door. "Ready?"

"I'm so ready."

- - - - -

"Now, most of these should heal like those and you'll never see them again but a few of the deeper ones will, unfortunately scar but most likely also fade away, you're young, you should be fine." The doctor told me as I laid out on the hospital bed showing what I had done to myself.

Lily had never seen it, never had the chance. I've never seen her face so shocked. "Thank you." I smiled.

"Bare with me a second." He said as he put some gloves on. "This one here..." he gently ran his thumb over a bump on my stomach. I winced in pain. "...that's new isn't it?" He sighed.

Lily stared at me and I looked away from her gaze in shame. "Jenna?" She said slowly.

"Not the time, I'll talk to your therapist about it huh?" The Doctor nodded and I nodded back.

He disappeared and I changed back into my regular clothes and got ready to go to the meeting with the professional therapist that I had to do every month but I hated it.

"Well... Jenna how are you?" The older woman asked me as I sat down in her office. "And you are?"

"This is Lily, the one that I almost killed." I coughed.

"Nice to meet you Lily. We speak a lot about you." She nodded.

"Good things I hope." Lily smiled.