University

"Yeah we're here now Richard and I have to talk to new people and make a good impression so I need to go." I moaned at him but laughing on the phone as I had a suitcase in one hand and trying to help Matt and Lily get into dorm with the wheelchair and everything, all whilst holding a phone.

"I want to be stood up Matt. I don't want people thinking great a disabled person." Lily was having meltdown because we were meeting new people today and it meant she wasn't already known as the popular one.

From first looks she was disabled even though she could walk a few steps forward, you could tell it hurt her and she didn't enjoy it.

"You are not hurting yourself." Matt moaned.

"Please let me walk Jen you know how important it is for me." She tried it on me but I wasn't having it either.

"Nope." I said.

"Jen."

"I'll help you stand up and sit down in the common room when we get there but I'm not gunna trick our new flat mates into thinking we are normal." I snapped at her.

"Thank you." Matt sighed.

- - - - -

"This is it." I said as I used the key to open the flat. And then I saw the strip of doors and at the end, the kitchen.

Some doors were shut, obviously already been claimed and settled into and the rest were open.

There were 8 of us in total. Me, Lily, Matt and five strangers. Maybe new friends maybe not. The most important thing was that we had ensuite bathrooms and double beds, what a luxury we had.

"Look our names are on the doors." I nodded.

"Oh yeah." Lily smiled. We all went into our labelled rooms. Lily was next to me and Matt was next to Lily.

My room was next to Lily on one side and next to someone named "Max" on the other side. I feel like that was too close to Matt so we'd be getting confusions.

Lily only managed to swing this room because she's disabled, what will happen when she can walk again. Well, if she can walk again. Anyway that wasn't something we needed to think about now.

I noticed two other girls names on the walk to the kitchen. There was a 'Grace' and also a 'Holly.' I shrugged that bit off because I did find it hard to be friends with some girls.

Other than Max there were another two boys names I glanced at. 'Tom' and 'Alex.' We heard a mutter come from the kitchen so I went ahead and walked straight in there.

"Hey." I smiled gently seeing these two boys turn their heads as I stepped in the room. They were sat at the counter in the kitchen on bar stools and obviously just chatting and getting to know one another.

"Hey I'm max." One of them said.

"Tom." The other nodded.

"Jenna." I smiled and then went to the window to look out and see what sort of view we had. It was just trees to be honest and then further on you could see campus.

I heard a shuffling noise at the door and assumed it was Lily or Matt or both of them come in and meet everyone but as I went to speak I realised it wasn't either of them.

It was one of the girls. She was pretty actually, blonde and petite. The boys introduced themselves as did I and found out she was Grace. Her parents called her as they had come to settle her in.

Suddenly it all hit at once because I looked out down the corridor and I saw, presumably Alex and Holly both heading into their rooms with their parents. So we now had three sets of parents in the dorms. Great.

Still no appearance from Lily or Matt and I wondered what the hell they were getting up to.

"No parents?" Max asked me.

"Me? Yeah my dad lives far away and I went to Ashford so it's not far to bring my stuff across from there." I nodded.

"Neither of us went to Ashford, what was it like?" Tom asked.

"Fun and strange and Umm...I'm used to being without family though so bring parents seems weird to me." I muttered.

"Yeah I told my mum to go," Max laughed.

"Same, I don't need an embarrassment like that hanging around with the people I'm going to have to live with for a year." Tom laughed. This Grace girl suddenly appeared again without her parents.

"I suddenly heard a bang come from the hallway or one of the rooms so I leapt up to see what it was. Everyone else stayed put.

"Lil?" I knocked before opening the door anyway, it was her room but I only saw Matt for a second then noticed Lily crying in the corner. "Oh god what's the matter now."

"I don't want to go in there in a wheelchair." She sobbed.

"I won't let her walk because she can hardly stand." Matt sighed. "I tried to help her up but she ended up just throwing stuff when she realised she couldn't do it."

"They're really nice people don't worry. They know someone in the flat is disabled so they're expecting it." I shrugged.

"I want to be normal." She cried.

"And you will be, eventually. Now... wheelchair." I said being very firm with her because I wasn't having any of this. The more she cried the more I felt bad and I didn't want to feel that way on my first day meeting everyone.

- - - - -

"This is Matt and Lily." I smiled as I eventually got her out the room and introduced them to the rest of the group.

Everyone in the flat was there now except this Alex person. He was in his room and saying goodbye to his parents.

"Hey, hi." Matt and Lily said as they met everyone and learnt all their names.

"Oh and I'm Jenna." I said to the girl I hadn't met.

"Holly." She smiled, she had dark brown hair and was clearly very nervous, she looked like she was shaking.

We still hadn't met this guy Alex but we spent the time in the kitchen/lounge just getting to know everybody and we waited for Alex before we did anything.

We were already becoming this cute little household and I could tell we were going to get on just fine.