Unfinished business

"Victoria." I hummed rushing towards the young doctor as I realised she was stood behind me and not too far away. Tears were fading and it was now all about talking to people and thanking them for coming.

"Jenna," she replied pulling me in for a hug. "How are you doing? Alright?" She whispered in my ear before pulling back from the tight hug.

"I'm..alright yeah. Thank you for being here I know if just be a massive inconvenience for you, I'm sorry." I felt bad all of a sudden knowing she was a Doctor at an important hospital.

"I knew Maisie, I felt like I should be here, I miss her too." Victoria assured me as I felt instantly relaxed for that. She was one of the only people that met Maisie and actually treated her and looked after her like it was her own child.

"Thank you for everything." I mumbled trying not to cry and hugging her quickly instead.

"It's no problem Jenna." She comforted me rubbing my back gently. She was only a few years older than me, she must be about 25 I think maybe a little older, but she acted young and was most certainly experienced because she looked after Maisie so well.

I chatted with her, we exchanged numbers and then she said she had to go because she had a shift to get to. I then felt quite sad as lots of people had left and it was mainly just Lily, Lucy, Olivia, Christina, Marty and Matt along with my family and Richards family.

"Hey V." I smiled seeing violet holding her mums hand sucking her thumb nervously. "What's up violet?" I asked bending down in front of her as Rachel didn't even know look as she was talking to my dad and teachers from my school.

"Missed you." Violet giggled wrapping her arms around my neck as I bent in front of her.

"Oh I missed you too!" I laughed lifting her into my arms. "Uh hey could you guys give us a minute?" I asked walking over to Maisie's grave and speaking to Richard and dad trying to get them to move away.

They actually all left the cemetery and left me here alone with Violet and Richard was just round the corner watching.

"Where's Maisie?" Violet breathed.

"I told you Maisie wasn't going to be here anymore." I smiled at Violet placing her on the floor and then sitting on the floor behind her and letting her rest on my leg as we crouched next to Maisie's grave.

"Maisie's right here you see." I smiled pointing at the stone that said her name.

"Where's she gone?" Violet giggled.

"She's gone up there." I pointed up to the clouds. "Because she was so special that she had to go up there and look down on us, protect us from the bad people and keep us safe." I explained to Violet simply.

"Will I ever see Maisie?"

"You can't see her, but she's always there." I hummed holding Violet close to me. "Here." I handed Violet a red rose and made sure she had it in her hand tightly. "Do you want to give Maisie this as a present?"

"Yes!" Violet nodded happily and turned around to the gravestone and then rested the Rose on the very top of it and then smiled at me making sure she did the right thing.

"Ah well done." I laughed standing up and pulling Violet up into my arms.

"Shall we take you back to mummy?" I laughed lifting her up into my arms again. She nodded and I noticed Richard was now behind me and Violet had spotted him and was holding her arms out for Richard to carry her.

"Hey Violet." Richard smiled taking the girl from my arms as I folded them gently. I watched Violet then be lifted onto Richards shoulders to which Violet was frightened for a bit and clung to Richards head until she realised she was safe.

"Do you like it up there? You're taller than me!" I laughed walking beside Richard and looking up at Violet.

"Well that's not hard is it." Richard smirked knowing I was quite small.

"Oi." I hissed at him slapping his chest which made Violet laugh and then she began humming a tune to herself as Richard took her to Rachel. I found someone I hadn't talked to yet and I felt really guilty.

Matt was stood to the side of the group of my friends talking to just Marty but he was staring over at me and Richard with Violet and I felt so bad.

"Hey." I said walking up to them both.

"Hi Jenna, you alright?" Marty said as Matt just smiled at me.

"I'm good yeah, uh could you give us a minute." I stuttered looking at Marty as he back away and agreed smiling at me.

"Matt." I hummed.

"I think this was a mistake." Matt mumbled shuffling his feet.

"Wait what was a mistake?" I was throughly confused. He looked sad and broken in some ways.

"This, us." Matt pulled me aside so nobody could hear what we were talking about.

"What?" I raised my voice then realised where we were. "What do you mean?" I went quiet and tried to understand what he was saying.

"You and Richard...you have unfinished business." Matt moaned stepping back from me.

"We have Maisie. Nothing else." I laughed.

"Before today I thought that too and now his speech...and that weird mother and father thing with Violet... I don't know." He grumbled.

"His speech was lovely."

"His speech was a cry for you. To win you back."

"No it wasn't. Look come here." I took Matt's hand before checking nobody was looking then pulled him round the corner of the church and back him against the wall and kissed him. "I don't want Richard." I hummed after the long, passionate and sensual kiss we shared.

"Sure?"

"I'm sure." I laughed before he kissed me again flipping it so I was now up against the wall. "I'm definitely sure now." I laughed taking his hand leading him back into the group of people so we weren't noticed.