The bar

This should really be called "Really stupid, filler chapter;" but hey what can you do?

"Jenna." Lily sang walking into my room at like 6am the next morning.

"I haven't forgotten overnight that you were sleeping with Matt." I laughed sitting up in bed. "Are you two--"

"I don't know." Lily said quickly.,

"Seemed to me like you are together." I continued to make fun of her.

"We're still figuring things out. Like when you and Richard "casually" dated before you were a couple." Lily tried to make me understand.

"Oh yeah. I know what casually dating it lil. You're basically just shagging him and well, I can say from experience this really isn't the best way to try and get back together with Matt." I explained to her getting a little serious.

"I know I know." Lily sighed getting off my bed as I sat up and moved off my bed too.

"You need to have a serious talk." I grinned at her, for once she was having relationship problems and not me.

- - - - -

"Hey." Richard tapped me shoulder as we were all meeting at our dorm before we went to pub on the last night before everyone goes home for the summer.

"Oh hey, oh I wanted to thank you for yesterday." I said turning on the spot and facing Richard as he stood awkwardly next to me.

"No problem." He shrugged.

"I'm glad I didn't stay at home and mope all day." I smiled up at him. "Anyway, how confident are you feeling on getting into university next year?" I asked him as we waiting for everyone to hurry up so we could go out to the pub.

"Well, I'll definitely get into a university. Whether it's this one... I don't know, it's one of the best in the country." Richard said pulling a face.

"You're smart though." I smiled.

"Maybe." He said. "It's weird, I won't be around here anymore, there a whole other campus on the other side of here." Richard shrugged.

"But it's a-- what? 5 minute drive or 10/12 minute walk from here?" I said helping him feel a little better about it.

"Yeah. Yeah I guess but it's weird it's it. I'll go from seeing you everyday-- to...well...not." Richard laughed a little.

"Well we don't see each other everyday and--"

"If you ever want to come and visit you can." Richard interrupted me as I was literally about to say the same thing.

"I will visit. See your fancy new dorms and scary amount of work to do." I scoffed as I saw everyone was getting ready to leave. "We'll always invite you on nights out as well, unless you get new, cool friends that you're too ashamed to introduce me to them." I joked about with him.

"Of course I'd introduce you!" He laughed rolling his eyes as I grabbed my jacket and we and the group left.

- - - - -

"Don't you think this is weird." I said to lily sipping my drink as we stood around the bar.

"No, what about this is weird?" She laughed at me as she was already a few drinks ahead of me.

"Well, the seniors are going off to university, we're about to go into our last year before Uni and we're all saying goodbye for the summer." I explained to her.

"We do this every year Jen, okay without the drinks because we were too young last year but--"

"I wasn't here last year." I scoffed.

"Oh really? Why?" Lily frowned at me.

"I was otherwise engaged." I moaned at her.

"Oh." She said said suddenly remembering.

"Yeah I pushing a fucking baby out of my vagina whilst all of you were celebrating the end of the year." I laughed,

"Well ok, this is new then? Well we usually come here, drink and then hit a club around midnight." Lily explained.

"That's when I'll be going home then." I frowned.

"No you mustn't!" Lily complained.

"Not once have I been to a club and enjoyed myself." I complained back at her annoyed that i wasn't told that this night would end in a club.

"Well neither have I, I always throw up at the end of the night but hey! Live with it." Lily scoffed turning away and clinging onto matts side as she joined in with another conversation.

- - - - -

"Are you going to the club?" I asked Richard as we stepped outside and started walking away from the pub as a group.

"Nope, I'm meeting some friends back at campus, you?" He asked.

"I'm not one for clubs." I laughed gently before stopping to say goodbye to Lily.

"Ah yeah of course." Richard said before we turned off down the alley back towards school and I got the sudden realisation that this could be the last time we hang out for a while. "Do you not even want to try another club?"

"Nah, beside I have to get up early tomorrow for my doctors appointment." I said breezily as we walked up towards school after climbing under the fence.

"What...Doctors appointment?" He frowned at me.

"Oh nothing, just a check up." I smiled at him.

"You'd tell me if there was anything wrong?" Richard said suddenly turning Very concerned and I just laughed at him.

"Yes, I'd tell you." I laughed. "Truthfully...I had some muscle problems, well,  still do and Victoria said she'd see me again in a month and well...months up." I said calmly.

"Ah. Fair enough I guess." Richard shrugged.

"Yeah anyway, this is me...ill see you later." I smiled placing the key in my dorm and stepping inside to see the dark room. I felt very lonely all of a sudden, but I continued by switching on the light and even though I did have to be up early for my appointment, I stayed up watching TV until Lily got home.

I can't sleep knowing she's not back yet so even if I'm asleep on the couch and she comes in at 3am, drunk and throwing up, I know she's safe and home.