Trouble

"New year, new roommate." Was what Lily and her parents were both thinking whilst they waited that morning of the first day back from summer for another year 10 student to walk through the door in front of them in Lily's room.

Suddenly there was a rattle at the door and someone stepped through. Their parents followed closely behind.

"Hi, I'm Lily." She said boldly introducing herself.

"Jess." The girl said. "I'm new and these are my parents."

"Nice to meet you." The parents exchanged and finally they all said goodbye to each other and left. Year 10 was different for them now, parents didn't really matter.

"So Jess you can hang around with me and my friends if you want." Lily shrugged. "What are you here for? A scholarship? Or just school?" She asked.

"Just school, my parents - well I say parents, we're not even related - think that I deserve a good education or whatever." Jess scoffed.

"What do you mean not related?" Lily mumbled.

"I mean I'm adopted." She frowned at Lily. "I'm glad to be out of that hell hole though. They just adopted two boys, one older and one younger and they're ridiculously annoying."

"I know that. I have 2 year old twins living at mine." Lily complained.

"Uh sounds horrible. Wanna sneak off campus for a bit?" She asked.

"I don't know." Lily mumbled.

"Come on. I heard it's easy." Jess said excitedly.

"Alright then."

- - - - -

"Mr Brown. I know this is totally inappropriate and everything but you must know that Lily, Lucy, Olivia and I were in an accident yesterday?" I asked sitting down in front of him.

"Yes in fact I was pretty surprised when I saw your name on my appointment list." He said frowning at her as he put his glasses on.

"It's confidential information but uh... Say one of us lost the use of our legs and one of us was only at this school because of a dance scholarship. Could this person still study here?" I asked awkwardly.

"We heard Lily's news and we're currently sorting it out. In fact we've even started to modify your room so a wheelchair can be moved around. The uni dorms will be similarly arranged." Mr browned explained.

"She can still go here?" I asked in disbelief.

"Of course. She's a great student."

"Really? I heard she got into loads of trouble before I got here." I said frowning across at him.

- - - - -

Jess and Lily got on quite well, ended up being pretty good friends and having lots of other friends and eventually becoming the most popular girls in the school.

That is of course along with the most popular boys. It meant Lily had the chance to date one of populars.

"Hey, I'm Lily." She said sitting down boldly opposite a skinny brown haired boy at lunch. He looked up at her and smiled. As if she had the guts to just come and talk to someone like that, he'd never be able to do that.

"Matt." He said slowly.

"Whats up?" She asked him placing her books down on the table.

"Nothing much. We're having lunch quick then heading off campus. There's no chance you wanna join us is there?" He asked.

"Me?" Lily scoffed.

"Yeah, come on." He said standing up and walking towards his friends and when he realised she was hesitant on following he took her hand and guided her over to them.

"Matt, I'm not sure--"

"Everyone this is Lily." Matt said to his group of friends and they all eyes her up before smiling and greeting her. "You ready to go?" He asked her quietly.

"Yeah. I'm up for anything." Lily smiled eagerly.

- - - - -

"Lily didn't get in lots of trouble with the school. Her roommates did. Lily got in trouble with the headmaster or as you students like to call him--" Mr Brown explained to me.

"The eagle." We both spoke at the same time.

"He was concerned for Lily and kept an extra eye out of for her and that lead to of course her feeling targeted." Mr brown explained.

"Wait, she told me that he didn't like her because Matt and her were caught in her room together in year 10." I shrugged.

"Well yes, he got angry with her because even though he'd been watching her to make sure she wasn't...how do I say it....going off the rails? He failed. Ever since that, they hate each other." Mr Brown explained.

"So Lily's isn't bad? She didn't get in to trouble before I got here? Sneaking off campus and doing drugs, that was all her roommates?" I asked curiously.

"Yes, well okay she's not all innocent but mostly it was her roommates." He agreed.

- - - - -

"Lily, come on its almost 10 o'clock." Jess called after her as she glanced over at her talking to Matt. "Stop snogging your boyfriend and come back before the eagle catches us again."

"Okay, Jess hold on." Lily mumbled kissing Matt. "I'll see you tomorrow." She smiled before leaving him and running off with Jess towards her dorm.

"After the Eagles gone, how about we let the boys come to ours?" Jess said glancing back at the group of popular boys walking away.

"Are you sure? He really doesn't like me as it is. If he catches me and boyfriend then he really won't like it and tell my parents." She widened her eye as they stood outside dorm.

"Lighten up Lily and stop being such a wimp. Who cares about parents?" Jess sighed rolling her eyes at Lily.

"Hey boys." Lily called out down the corridor. "10:30. Our place." She called smirking at them before walking off into dorm and Jess widened her eyes and followed behind her.

"Now that's what I'm talking about." She smirked.