Signed books

"No, no." I laughed at the group of the guys who were trying to convince me and Lily to go out with them that night. It was a weird group of not populars but not geeks. People we've never spoken to before.

They started coming up to us and inviting us out to a pub or a club.

"We don't really want to thanks." Lily smirked.

"Come on, we'll have a great time." One guy said getting unusually close to me.

"Matt." I snapped seeing him walk past in the corridor. "Please tell these guys that we don't want to go out with them. We've said no about fifty time but they're ignoring our attempts."

"Guys shut the fuck up." Matt called out as he was rushing to his next class.

"That doesn't help." Lily moaned but he was already gone. "Oliver." Lily snapped at him as he passed in the corridor too. I was too busy consulting with these losers to leave us alone and stop following us.

"Lads, leave these poor girls alone and get a life." Oliver snapped guiding us towards a dorm room and pushing us inside it.

"Where are we going?" I asked but that answered my question when I saw Jack in the room and smiled.

"Our dorm room." Jack smirked at me.

"Not too shabby." I smiled looking at Lily. She shared the same look with me. It was weird, two girls being with two boys in a dorm. It just spelled trouble with The Eagle.

But neither of these guys, Oliver or Jack had any romantic interest in us. It was nice to just have good friends for once.

"Jenna come here." Oliver said and I shared a look with Lily before getting up and walking over to him.

"What?" I asked nervously.

"I bought you something when I was in town the other day I thought you might like it." Oliver said, "hold on follow me." He guided me into his room and I followed.

Straight away it felt weird, I was good friends with Oliver but being alone in his room with the door shut did feel weird. "Here." He said suddenly pulling out a book.

"Oh my fuck." I snapped standing back from him. "No way." I shouted as he held out the book for me to take. It was a small novel by a small author who didn't write much but I went on and on about this book and how much I love it.

"She was in town yesterday and I got your copy signed when I found out." He shrugged handing it to me.

"My copy? With all my notes?" I panicked.

"Yep." He nodded.

"Oh my god." I gasped opening the front cover and seeing the writing thanking me for liking her book so much and at the bottom was her signature and her mobile number. "That's not her real--"

"Yes it is." He nodded again. "She asked me about you and I told her about how you want to write when your older or be a journalist and she said she has some experience and that you should give her a call and send her some of your stuff and she'd check it out."

"No way." I jumped.

"Yes way." Oliver laughed.

"You are a fucking God Oliver, I swear." I laughed jumping forward and hugging him quickly. "Thank you so much." I grinned up at him.

"It was just an of the moment thing, it wasn't meant to be anything crazy. I saw the ad in the bookshop and I had to do it in the next hour so when you weren't at your dorm I grabbed your book and ran. I didn't know when your birthday was and I didn't know if you'd notice your copy of the book was missing so I figured I give it to you now." He shrugged.

"This has made my day you know that?" I smiled widely up at him.

"I can tell." He smirked.

"Thank you." I smiled again wider.

- - - - -

"Hey what's up?" I asked as I walked into Richards dorm room on his uni campus.

"Not much, you all okay?" Richard smiled giving me a kiss as I sat down next to him on his bed.

"Better now I'm here, I missed you." I kissed him again. Then gently it escalated and I was laying on him making out on his bed.

"I want to apologise again for the other night." Richard mumbled in between kisses and straight away I sighed and sat back.

"There's nothing to apologise for." I grumbled leaning forward again and kissing him as I straddled his waist and smiled into the kiss, feeling his hands come to my hips to hold me in place.

"Wait, wait. I got you something." Richard smiled sitting up in bed and I leant back feeling stupid because I was annoyingly sexually frustrated.

"Alright." I smiled.

"Here." He handed me a book and I looked down at it in horror. Well I didn't actually on the outside my face looked delighted on the inside I was crapping myself.

"Oh my god!" I smiled nervously.

"You like it? You said you loved this book and look, she signed it." Richard said opening the front cover of the book to reveal no message just the signature of her name and that's it.

"A new one?" I said trying not to let my sadness come through.

"Yeah, your one is tatty and you write all over it." Richard scoffed.

"Well now I have two." I smiled gently.

"One signed." He said proud of himself. "Don't you like it?"

"No, Richard. I love it, I really really love it." I placed a kiss to his lips before placing the book on the side. "It's amazing." I insisted.

"A bit like you then." He smirked before laying me down on the bed and we made out for a while.

- - - - -

"I have a lecture this evening I'm sorry." Richard mumbled kissing the side of my head as I groaned at him angrily.

"Skip it. You don't need it." I giggled placing an arm over his bare chest and resting my head on it. "I need you more."

"What happened to the Mrs 'you can do better' Coleman? I have to go." He whispered placing a long kiss to my lips.

As he rolled out of his bed and moaned at him, threw a pillow at him and then laid back angrily but sleepily. "You can stay here until I get back?"

"How long is that?" I mumbled.

"An hour tops?"

"I'm sure I can find something to do in a hour." I smirked up at him as I pulled the sheets up over me scared he could still see my bare chest and I giggled at him.

"God, I wish I could stay." Richard leant over and place a small kiss to my lips before looking me up and down as if he had X-ray vision and could see through the sheets. He said goodbye then left.