Results

"As you insist on taking 5 a levels..."

"My mother took 5 a levels." I snapped.

"As you insist on taking 5 a levels, you got 2 A's, 2 B's and a C." He said angry at me for interrupting him. I was just about done with it.

"Right so you're bothered by the C?" I asked.

"Well, yes."

"Unless you're bothered about the B's as well, are you saying you expected straight A's." I laughed out of turn and then went serious again. "B is not a bad grade." I insisted.

"For your track record..."

"If Lily was to get AAABB in her results she'd be flipping overjoyed." I laughed.

"Don't compare yourself to others." He lectured.

"I'm not." I snapped again raising my voice now and I don't know what got into me because I was overreacting.

"There are people doing 4 or even 3 a levels and they're getting AAB or AAAB." Mr Brown explained.

"Like who? It's early days we've been studying this...shit for like 7 months, it's mock exams! They're not real." I complained at him.

"Miss Coleman, language." He snapped.

"What do you want me to do?" I sat back annoyed.

"Drop a subject."

"I'll repeat it if you want, my mother took 5 A-Levels. So am I." I said angrily.

"And when everyone else drops down to 3 next year, what will you do when they ask you to drop one too?" Mr Brown threw that in my face.

"I'll think about it." I scoffed.

"I'll give you a choice. You drop one subject next year or you're off the paper. For good." He looked at me staring me in the eye as if I was the worst pupil this school had. If I hadn't had been so moody with him he would never have made that threat.

Though what's done is done I guess.

He stormed out of my office and I let out a massive sigh feeling shit about what happened. I left early and went back to dorm to complain to Lily.

- - - - -

"They can't take me off the paper." I stated laying down on the sofa as lily walked around dorm tidying the place up a little bit. "I mean no one else knows how to do it."

"I think Mr Browns a dick anyway so I'm biased but he's being unfair towards the top student in this school." Lily said complaining with me.

"If I want to take 5 A-Levels this year I can." I moaned.

"Too right you can." Lily laughed with me.

"As if he's concerned because I got a C, he wouldn't even tell me what subject it was in. I bet it was psychology, I blame it on Miss Phipps she's mental herself." I said throwing my water bottle up and down and catching it.

"Anyway a C is still a pass." Lily said.

"True, but he 'expects more from me' apparently. It's fucking ridiculous in my opinion I think it's unfair that because I usually do so well I'm being ridiculed for being average for once." I said but I sensed Lily getting a bit bored of the conversation.

"Shall we go eat?" She asked.

"Yeah Mexican?" I said.

"Mm no."

"Italian?" I asked.

"Yes, the place with the-"

"Yes let's go." I encouraged standing up and picking up the keys and my bag and quickly shrugging on a jacket even though it was April it was still freezing like December out there.

- - - - -

"Afternoon." Jesse said walking into my dorm probably looking for Lily.

"She's not here." I mumbled as I leant over the coffee table correcting spelling in this stupid article.

"I'm not here for Lily." He said sitting beside me. I stared at him for sitting so close and I cringed straight away. "I came to apologise."

"For..."

"I doubt you forgot... For kissing you when you were in such a state, I just meant to calm you down a little. I didn't mean to freak you out or upset lily or anything." Jesse confirmed and I'm so glad he said it.

I looked over at him and sat back on the sofa where now I was actually really close to him. "I guess that's okay, I did kiss back and I'm sorry too, for accidentally almost breaking up you and Lily."

"It's cool." He said as I locked eyes with him. He was such a bad boy but he was apologising to me? It was kind of flattering he never apologised for anything he did.

It was stupid really, I started to be attacked to him next because he was something I couldn't have. The saying fits 'Girls want what they can't have.' Okay it might be boys but hey it applies.

"Jesse I--" I whispered as he was leaning closer and closer to me at which I laid back on the arm of the couch and found our lips colliding. It was happening again and every other time I'd hated it and pushed him away or hated him for it but this time...

It felt kind of good. Before I knew if he was laying down on top of me and we were making out. His hands were down my pants and we were both enjoying this. Until I felt the urge to stop.

This was wrong. I knew it was.

"Jesse." I said as we sat up next to each other after I'd stopped it.

"No, I get it." He moaned as if he was angry at me.

"Jesse, I'm only attracted to you because you're the 'bad boy' and I'm going through a bit of rough time in school at the moment. We don't love each other." I scoffed.

"I know." He said standing up and doing his trousers up which I never actually got round to in the end. He went to door and mumbled a good bye and I felt like crap.

"Oh fuck." I moaned as he left. I'd done something bad, though I had stopped it before it got serious, besides no one had seen any of it, as long as he didn't blab, we were fine.