Secrets out?

"You know the party tomorrow..." Oliver suddenly said to me as we were stood in the gym starting to prepare stuff for it that night.

"The one we're currently getting ready for? Yes I know it." I said sarcastically at him as that was usually how we interacted.

"I was just wondering if you had a date?" He mumbled quietly and that was not what I was expecting to come out of his mouth.

"No I don't." I hummed picking up some decorations from the box and turning around. "Why? Is Emma bothering you?" I asked him smiling as I turned around to glance at him.

"Oh yeah Emma." He said as if he'd forgotten and I just stared at him for a minute and looked behind me to see if anyone else was listening, was this like a prank?

"Don't worry about me." I smiled.

"Oh no I was just wondering because you never mentioned anybody and I was just thinking--"

I thought it was easier to just interrupt him. "I'm not really looking for anyone that's why." I said firmly.

"Alright well Jack is always free if you need him." Oliver joked looking back at Jack mucking around with paper cups.

"I'm good. I think." I smirked watching jack. "Oh Lily I was thinking we could put some bins around here near the bar so people, throw there cups and glasses and bottles away and not leave them anywhere." I caught her walking away from Oliver.

"Good idea Jen, I'll get Matt and tom to bring them over." She smiled.

- - - - -

We had been working all night at the gym and it looks very spooky. Now we had to go home and get to bed so tomorrow we could do the full day at school then enjoy the party that night.

I was dressed pretty nice for the party and the group of us met with The Eagle and Mr Brown an hour before the party and we went through things. Only over 18s could drink blah blah blah and that we had to really clean up afterwards.

"The over 18 thing can be bent right? I'm not even 18 for a month." I scoffed turning to Lily once they had left.

"Of course yeah, we blame it on the few that are legal age selling it to underage drinkers." Lily smirked at me.

"Right so we're ready?" Matt called out to the group of us just waiting around until the start time.

"Yeah I think so." Lucy said as our little group came together and we started cheering each other and saying how nice it was that we were actually able to this.

It was nice until my phone started to ring and I checked and it was Richard. "Sorry guys I gotta take this." I said to a few of the girls I was speaking with.

"Hey, how are you?" I grinned walking to the gym doors and leaving the group. "Sorry I had to get away from everyone." I laughed to Richard.

"That's cool. I was checking are we still on for tonight?" He asked.

"Oh yeah as I say in about two or three hours I'll be bored and I'll need you to come and rescue me." I smirked.

"I can do that." He said confidently down the phone.

"So maybe 10? Half 10?" I offered.

"Sounds good enjoy yourself." He answered back.

"I'm more looking forward to seeing you." I smiled turning around to see Oliver stood in the door way holding the door slightly open and about to speak to me but he'd been listening. "I gotta go, speak later." I mumbled down the phone before putting it in my bag.

"Ollie?" I joked using his silly name as I approached the door.

"So you do have a date?" He looked over at me closing the door behind him so we were alone in the corridor.

"No, that's out of context. I do not have a date." I laughed nervously.

"Does this party mean nothing to you?" Oliver suddenly freaked out. "Just another thing to cross of your list to keep your friends and stay social."

"You should stop. You don't know what you're saying." I held up a hand.

"You'll be bored and need rescuing? Sorry we plan such stupid parties." Oliver flipped out.

"Oh Ollie." I mumbled. "I can tell you now, that's not what I meant. I don't have a date, I was talking about a meeting I have tomorrow morning." I tried to cover my tracks.

"Whatever." Oliver shrugged.

- - - - -

From then I felt like I was in a lot of shit. One word from Oliver about my phone call to Lily or Matt could spill our secret and I was screwed. For some reason he was so upset and I was surprised to find he hadn't told a soul as I walked back into the gym and the group.

"Hey everything okay?" Lucy asked me as she could see the guilt and utter fear on my face that my secret could potentially ruin tonight.

"Oh yeah fine." I gave her a quick smile before I spotted Oliver watching me from across the room and I closed my eyes.

- - - - -

The party started and i was feeling pretty damn nervous about everything. When everyone was distracted I grabbed Oliver's arm and pulled him outside to talk.

"I know you're angry and you don't believe me but you gotta stop--"

"I'm not going to tell anyone if that's what you're afraid of." He scoffed.

"I'm not afraid." I mumbled. "It's not who you think it is and if you start spreading shit that isn't true people will start to not like you."

"Jen, I know it was just about a meeting." He said suddenly I was afraid that I actually let out a physical sigh of relief.

"Yes a meeting." I hummed.

"I won't tell the eagle I promise and uh I'm sorry I over reacted before." He shrugged smiling at me.

"Oh no problem." I smiled at him as left me feeling completely delighted standing out in the cold but grinning away as the potential danger disappeared.

Damn I was good at this lying thing.