Shocks and surprises.

When I woke up the next morning it was a bit of a shock to find Jake at my door step. I totally forgot in all the confusion of last nights stuff that I invited him over and we were gunna hang out.

"Hey. Look I've had a bit of a weird night and I'm a bit tired so come in but I'm not ready yet." I poured as Jake stood at the door all ready to go.

I had no make up on, just some jeans and a strap top I did my make up in in case anything got on me. I wasn't even fully dressed. Luckily with my hair still fairly short it's low maintenance and I wake up put a few waves in and go.

"I expected you wouldn't be ready." Jake laughed.

"Yeah well I had a rough night come on upstairs I'll explain while I'm getting ready." I sighed.

"Nice new house by the way." He complimented.

"Thanks." I smiled. "New to me to. I only just figured out my way around when I needed to get water last night." I joked with him.

Violet was in my room when I was getting ready so she was still there when I went in and she was stood in front of the desk admiring my make up and giggling as she pretended to put it on.

"Hey V." Jake smiled and then they hugged and played while I finished getting ready.

"Right, so basically Rachel's in labour. I'm looking after v and remember Emma Frampton, one the girls that bullied me? She's babysitting violet." I sighed.

"No!" He gasped.

"Yep." I rolled my eyes. "She's not bad though. Weird thing is she doesn't even remember me.,

"Is she here now?" Jake asked.

"No, she went home this morning luckily but honestly she isn't that bad. I get that she drove me out of this school and into Ashford but I'm glad." I smiled at Jake.

"Oh woah good for being the bigger person huh." He laughed at me.

- - - - -

"Jenna." Violet mumbled as she walked into My room as I was on the phone to Richard.

"Richard hang on a sec." I called and then turned to violet. "You ok?"

"I don't feel well." Violet sniffed as she held onto my jeans.

"Okay what's the matter?" I asked but didn't get any response. "What hurts?" I asked instead.

"Here." She pointed to her stomach and her chest.

"Your chest?" I asked.

"Mummy said I had a chest infection but it went away and now it's feels worse and it really hurts." Violet said sadly.

"Okay," I took her hand and then picked up my phone and spoke to Richard. "I'll call you back in a sec." I said and then took violet to her room. This is where I see she's got some snotty tissues in her bed.

She must have a cold. But then suddenly I spotted something odd. "V did you have a nose bleed?" I asked.

"No." She sniffed climbing into bed.

"What's the red and brown in the tissue Hun?"

"I coughed." She sighed.

"Alright it's okay just lie down then." Clara reassured her and then sat next to her bed with her. "How old are you now violet?"

"I'm 7, nearly 8 in July." She said proudly. It was only December how was it nearly July? I just laughed to myself.

"Did mummy take you to the doctors?" I asked.

"No, she knew I had a chest infection because I couldn't breathe it was so bad!" Violet said sadly.

"Alright you lie down and try to get some sleep and I'll try and get mummy or daddy yeah? I'll just get you some calpol first." I smiled, giving her the medicine and then letting her sleep. I stayed in the room with her still whilst she slept and I messaged Richard instead.

"Hey!" I whispered as I picked up the phone to Richard.

"Hey what's going on there then?" He asked. I got up, checked on violet and then left the room for a moment.

"Well she's got a temperature, apparently Rachel said she had a chest infection and she's been having medicine but she's just got worse and worse." I explained.

"Have you contacted your dad?" He asked.

"Yep he said to just give her, her medicine and get on with it." I rolled my eyes.

"If she gets any worse I'd be taking her to hospital. An infection as well as a temperature and feeling sick and breathless? None of that sounds great to be honest." Richard sighed.

"I know if she wakes up worse I'll have to take her. I tried Dad recently and he's just not picking up." I mumbled.

"Okay keep me updated." Richard said nicely before they hung up.

- - - - -

"How is she?" Jake asked as I appeared downstairs after a long while.

"Not great."

"What are you thinking? A&e?" He asked.

"I don't know." I sighed sitting down. "I don't want it to be worse than it looks and us all be caught out."

"True. Maybe time will tell." Jake smiled and then we sat down to watch tv that night. We ordered food and then watched a movie.

Then suddenly at about 8 o'clock we heard something from upstairs.

"Jenna!" Violet was screaming.

I froze for a moment but Jake bolted up the stairs and went straight into her room and checked on her. I ran in shortly after her and Jake was with violet trying to calm her from all her crying.

"It's alright." He was saying.

"Jenna my chest really hurts." She moaned and groaned.

"Alright we are definitely going to the hospital." I said frowning at them both. "Can you grab some of her stuff and then I'll put her in the car." I said to Jake.

I quickly plaited her hair so it was out of her face, she was 7 and her hair was longer than mine. She also was getting more blonde and blonde so she looked less like me. Where her hair was pretty brown before it was just getting lighter.

Then I lifted her up and carried her downstairs. In all fairness I shouldn't have because she was a 7 year old child not the 3 years old that she used to be. But she was pretty light for a child and so I got her in the car and and then Jake was suddenly in the drivers seat of my car.

"You can't drive," I muttered.

"I think the pink license in my wallet says otherwise." He joked.

"No, my car. You're not insured." I moaned.

"Oh come on, one hospital trip." He shook his head. And then I believe him and strapped myself in holding violets hand the entire time until we arrived at the hospital.