Telling truths

"Ollie, hey, I need your help." I grabbed his arm forcefully and pulled him with me down the corridor.

"So Ollie has become a name now? I thought it was just a joke. I hate Ollie." He grumbled over and over as I pulled him towards Lily who was sat, frankly, pissed off in her wheelchair.

Our English classroom was upstairs, so we had to get a lift, but also two of the classrooms on the corridor were up about 10 small steps into a tiny little corridor that I could not get Lily up.

"What's the matter-- ah ok." Oliver realised as he held out his hands to Lily and she took hold of them whilst I supported her back and then Oliver picked her in bridal carry and took her into the class room. Which, luckily we were very early for.

I followed with her wheelchair and was sweating by the time I got in there.

"Thank you so much." I smiled up at Oliver.

"No problem. Anything for my Jenna." He smirked walking out of the classroom and leaving us alone.

- - - - -

"We can't do that every lesson." Lily sighed as she sat at her desk. Matt sat next to me and I sat next to Lily in one long line.

"No, but we can move rooms. I'll talk to sir at the end of the lesson. Don't worry about it Lily." I smiled across at her.

"Yeah no one has to know the room change has got anything to do with you." Matt hummed.

"Good." She scoffed folding her arm and grumbling.

I just put my head in my hands and sighed trying to take deep breaths because it was things like this that really got to me. It made me want to go back to my room and just cry. I had done this.

- - - - -

"Jenna Coleman. This is not something that you should find funny, you were in a serious car accident and didn't tell your own father." Dad yelled at me when I finally picked up the phone to him after two weeks of ignoring him.

"I told Rachel." I huffed.

"Well you had to, you wrecked her car." Dad shouted.

"I know, I told her she can use mine." I explained, I hadn't had the guts to leave Lily long enough to go and get my car from home so it was still on the drive waiting to be picked up by me.

"She doesn't need your car Jenna! She had insurance, so did you. She's just got back from her business trip as is buying a new car today actually." Dad told me as I was just sitting in my room. "Anyway. It's not about the car."

"Then what?"

"You were hurt? I heard about Lily of course." He complained.

"Yeah we were all fine except Lily. And before you give me any kind of lecture, whatever you're about to tell me, I've told myself about 500 times already." I sniffed a little just thinking about it all. How it was my fault this happened.

"I'm not trying to lecture you. I'm worried, Victoria--"

"Oh she's done it again! So is this how it works now? She tells you everything?" I got pissed.

"Only because you tell us nothing." He sounded really angry, he was angry when I kept things from him before but now he was really really angry. "You have to understand you're the only thing that reminds me of your mother anymore and you have to keep yourself safe and we'll."

"Dad, I know." Said seriously. "I'm sorry, next time I'll tell you. If there even is a next time." I laughed gently.

"It's not a joke."

"I know I know. I'm sorry." I complained. "Don't worry I'm letting myself feel plenty guilty." I saw Richard walk into dorm and shut up a little about that.

"I'll call you later on. I have to pick up violet." Dad said before hanging up.

- - - - -

"What are you letting yourself feel plenty guilty about?" Richard questioned me because these days he didn't like to let anything slip.

"Oh uh nothing." I shrugged him off.

"No seriously." Richard moaned.

"No seriously. Drop it." I sighed.

"What happened to telling each other everything. No secrets?" He tried to be all touchy with me and hug me but it was bothering me.

"Nothing you don't already know. You know I feel guilty about Lily, now can we drop it please. I thought we were going out somewhere." I sighed trying to change the subject desperately.

"Hey you should not feel guilty about this huh. Come here." He pulled me down onto the sofa with him.

"Well I do."

"It was not your fault." He pressed his forehead against mine and tried his best to comfort me.

"I know." I sighed. "But I can't help it."

"Please try because you were bad enough before the accident. How are we on eating now?" Richard asked.

"I don't know."

"I'm other words you're back to how it was before?" He sighed.

"No." I snapped. "Can we please go now?" I moaned and moaned until I got my way and we changed the subject finally. I wasn't in the mood today, at all.

- - - - -

"Right, so Jenna printed some things off for us." Matt smiled as Lily sat with her head in her hands after her first full week being back at school full time. She was struggling a lot.

"Mm hm."

"The first thing it says is to get you out of that." Matt said pointing at her wheelchair.

"How? I can't walk."

"It means. When we're just around doing nothing, you sit in a normal chair not in the wheelchair." He explained.

"Oh. Well I guess that's not too hard." Lily agreed happily.

"Want to try it?" Matt asked holding out his hands.

"Yeah." She nodded. He lifted her onto a normal chair and then she sat curled up with matt and watched tv.

"You don't want to try anything else on the list yet?" Matt whispered as they watched a film that was on.

"Not yet." Lily sniffed hugging Matt closer and pulled the blanket up over them both.

"Hey hey. Don't cry." He laughed a little.

"I'm not-- it's just-- this is the most normal I've felt since the accident." She continued to sniff.

"Well I'm glad."

"It's weird." Lily smiled. "This thing might just work."