Riker Imagine

"Let’s do something," you said, glancing over at your boyfriend Ross. He’d been sitting there for ages, looking through the tweets on his phone. It was actually kind of odd of him, because he usually didn’t check twitter very often. He raised an eyebrow, giving you a quick look before turning his attention back to his phone. "Like what?" he muttered, chewing loudly on the gum, snapping it every so often. "I don’t know! Let’s just be spontaneous, do something other than sit here and be on your phone," you sighed, hoping he’d take the rather large hint. "Not today…" he argued, flipping through the many pages of newly found tweets. In an instant, you snatched the phone from his hands. "What is with this thing today?" you snapped, obviously annoyed. You looked through a few tweets, noticing the mention of your name. They were saying bad things about the both of you, however they’re were a few nice ones in there too. Your eyebrows furrowed together, hurt from the people who had dissed you online, washing across your face. 

He snatched the phone back as soon as he saw that painful expression take over your face, not wanting you to get hurt. “Is that why?” you asked quietly, somewhat to yourself. “I’m sorry,” he whispered, kissing the side of your face gently. “Is that why you’ve been acting like this all day? Just because people say bad things about us?” you wondered, the question burning through your mind. “Yeah, I mean, it just makes me angry. They don’t know anything, so they shouldn’t be the one to talk,” he said, fidgeting with the ring on his finger. It was his wedding band of course, and that was what the comments were all about. Just things about how you were too young, and speculation and rumors that he only did it because you were pregnant. “Just because two people decide to get married early on, doesn’t mean we’re having a baby!” you sighed, talking more to yourself now. Ranting to be more like it. 

He sensed your frustration, instantly laying his head onto your lap. You played around with his hair, running your fingers through it. “From now on, we shouldn’t care what people think! Let’s just do what we want! I don’t want to spend our whole lives holding back, when we could forget about everything and be happy!” you exclaimed, a bright smile playing on your lips. Your face lit up, already making him feel so much better. “I love you,” he said, his lips finally turning up into a smile. You nodded, “As I love you handsome!” you giggled, giving him a quick kiss. “How about that ‘spontaneous’ thing now?” he smirked, jumping up, ready to go. You followed after him, to wherever he was going. 

That’s just the thing… It didn’t really matter where the both of your went, because at the end of the day, you were still with him. You wanted one day, where no one influenced what you did, and you did what you wanted. Just one day of being crazy at the beach, or playing hardcore lazer tag, or even sky diving! You just needed this one time, where everything was okay, at the end off the day, something that made the two of you happy. Now, you were in the car, driving to who knows where, just letting the wind blow through your hair. You reached for his hand, holding it tightly to you. It was so reassuring just to have him there, just that simple gesture. And even though you had no idea what you were doing, or where you were going, it was amazing, simply because you had no reasoning behind your choices. You wanted a story that would go on, just that one memory that really stuck out. The best memories are the ones unplanned.