Riker Imagine Part 3

A few years had past and Ryder was already 6 years old. You and Riker had been the perfect couple, always making jealous, even now. You were talking with your friend Saidee, getting her opinion. “I think I’m pregnant again,” you muttered. She gasped, “That’s great news Kayla!” she said, pulling you in for a hug. “Not great news…” you said. “Why isn’t this good news? I thought you wanted another one?” you asked. “Well, I did. A few months ago, I had a pregnancy scare, but we found out I wasn’t,” you replied, looking down. “And?” she prompted. “And, Riker was relieved. He said he wasn’t ready for another one…” you said, trying to hold back tears. “Oh… I’m sure Riker would be happy though! It’s not like he wouldn’t want it!” she said, trying to cheer you up. “Saidee, it’s different. He said he didn’t want another one right now! I’ve already messed everything up,” you mumbled. “You didn’t mess everything up! Riker may have said he didn’t want another one, but when he finds out you’re pregnant again, it’ll change! You’ll see! I promise, okay? He’ll love you just the same, maybe even more!” she winked at you. You nodded, not wanting to say anything. 

You and Saidee talked for a few hours, planning on how to tell Riker. “Just come out and say it!” she said. “I don’t know if I can…” you muttered. “Look, Riker and Ryder are going to be home any minute, and you need to tell him!” she ordered. “I don’t want to say it in front of Ryder!” you said as if it were obvious. “Well Ross is going to pick me up, so I can take him with me! We’ll go get some ice cream,” she said matter of factly. You sniffled, before finally agreeing with her. Ten minutes later, the three of them walked through the door. “Mommy!” Ryder yelled for you, hugging you tightly. “Hey bud, did you have fun?” you asked him. “Yeah! Daddy even let me win in a game of Hockey!” he said proudly. “That’s great Ryder! I’m glad you had fun!” you said, ruffling his hair. You looked up, noticing Riker staring at you. He knew you better than anyone else, and he could tell you had been crying. “Hey Ryder, you do wanna go with me and uncle Ross to get some ice cream?!” Saidee asked excitedly. He jumped up and down, hugging the both of them. “Okay, let’s go,” Ross said, holding the door open for him. 

After they left, Riker took a seat beside you. “What’s wrong?” he said, tucking a piece of hair around your ear. “I need to tell you something. It’s kind of important, and I don’t know if you’ll like it or not…” you said, clearly embarrassed. “We can make anything work babe. Just tell me,” he said, cupping your face. Tears welled up into your eyes, and you didn’t know if you would be able to spit it out. He rubbed your back, trying to calm you down, and eventually you did. “I-I’m pregnant Riker. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean for it to happen, and I know you said you didn’t want anymore but-” you said, being cut off. “It’s okay. What happens, happens. We can’t change it babe, so don’t worry about it. Don’t cry,” he whispered. “I just know that you don’t want it, so now I feel bad,” you cried. “I do want it Kayla! I could never not be happy! I already love him or her!” he said rubbing your stomach. He wiped away your tears, kissing you. “I’m sorry,” you repeated. “There is nothing to be sorry for Kayla. I promise I’m gonna always be here. And, Ryder is going to be so happy! He’s always wanted a little brother and sister!” he said excitedly. “Are you just lying to make me feel better?” you asked, warily. “Kayla, I am the happiest man on Earth right now because of you. I love you so much, so smile! Be happy,” he said cheerfully. A smile formed at the corners of your lips, and Riker was glad to see it. He kissed you, then leaned down, kissing your stomach. “Much better,” he said happily, “I can’t wait to tell Ryder!” You laughed, loving the thought just as much as he did. “He is going to be pretty excited,” you mumbled. 

Ross and Saidee came back soon, dropping Ryder back off. “Hey, come here! We’ve got news for you!” Riker said excitedly. Ryder jumped up onto his lap, and Ross came running in too, “What is it?!” they both asked. They all looked at you, waiting. You looked at Ryder, “You’re going to have a little brother or sister!”  you said, waiting for their reactions. Ryder little face lit up, and he jumped up and down. “No way!” he shouted. “Yes way,” Riker said to him, “Are you excited?!” he asked. “Yes yes yes!” he replied, still jumping up and down. 

~8 Months Later~

You were sitting on the couch with your newborn daughter, Raini, Ryder, and Riker. You couldn’t stop looking at her, noticing how perfect she was. Ryder was practically shaking from excitement. “Mom can I hold her now?!” he asked for the hundredth time. You sighed, realizing it’s best to get it over with. Riker instructed him on where to sit, and telling him how to hold his arms. He got ready, and you handed him Raini. “Be easy okay? Hold her head up,” Riker said, showing him. Ryder looked at her, as if she was the most amazing thing he had ever seen. You smiled, grabbing your phone. You got the perfect picture of all of them together. Riker kissed both of them, not being able to stop smiling. “Man, we make pretty babies,” he teased. You laughed, before Ryder butted in, “I’m not a baby!” He chuckled, “I know that Ry.” The rest of the evening was spent staring intently at her. You looked over, seeing that Ryder was asleep. “I’ll take him up to bed,” Riker said, picking him up. You gave him a quick kiss, before whispering goodnight. Your family was finally whole, and they were just absolutely perfect.