Riker Imagine

You were having an argument with your boyfriend Riker, which usually never happened. “Riker just go away,” you said sternly. You felt bad as soon as you said it, because of the look on his face. “Okay,” he said quietly, shutting the door. You hated seeing him upset, but you honestly just didn’t want to be around him today, or anyone for that matter. You were in the guest bedroom, sitting on your laptop. You gave Riker the bedroom, leaving him alone. You sighed, slamming your laptop shut. You plopped down onto the bed, ready for a good nights sleep. You grabbed your phone, turning up the music as loud as it could go. Tonight, you just needed distractions. 

The next few days, went by much the same. Riker told you a million times that he was sorry, but you just felt empty. Every night, you would sulk up to the guest bedroom, and he would knock, and poke his head through. “You can come in here and sleep with me if you want…” he said sadly. You always made up an excuse, saying that you would be playing your music too loud, and didn’t want to wake him, or that you were already too tired to move. And every night, he would look more sad. You hated to watch him that way, but you just felt different. You felt like everything had changed since when you to first met. At first, everything was bubbly and romantic, but the longer you were together, the more he was gone, and the less you both cared. You wanted to feel the way you very first did, the spark. But you didn’t feel that anymore. Sometimes people stop trying, and that’s when it gets bad… There is so much pressure on a relationship, and it eventually takes its toll. 

You didn’t want to feel this way. You and him were always happy together, until now. It was not just his fault, but yours, and you knew that. You were’t fixing anything by sleeping in the guest room every night, and not talking to him. You just wanted to feel the same way again. You wanted not only him to be happy, but you. You hatched a plan, one to make everything better. You were going to fix this, no matter what it took. You felt the spark once before, and you were going to stop at nothing to get it back. The realization hit you all at once, and before you knew it, you were out of bed, running down the hall. 

You threw open the door, watching at Riker jerked his eyes away from his phone. “What happened? Are you okay?” he asked concerned. Instead of answering, you climbed on top of him, kissing him. You pulled back for air, “No, I’m not okay,” you said sadly, “I need you. I don’t want it to be this way anymore. I just want us to be the way we were.” You hadn’t noticed you started crying, but Riker leaned up, wiping your face for you. He held you tightly, rubbing circles into your back. “I know,” he whispered to you. “I just want everything to be okay again,” you said shaking. He pulled away from you, kissing you again. “I’m sorry,” you mumbled, “I should’ve slept in here, and I should have talked to you, and I should have tried harder.” He shush’d you, trying to get you to calm down. “It’s okay Kaeley. It’s fine okay? None of that matters now, we’ll fix this. I promise you, I’m not going anywhere. I’ll always be here for you, if you want me to be,” he said rubbing your back again. “I’ll always want you to be here. I can’t live without you Riker. Sometimes people start to care less the longer they’re together, so we just need to try harder. I don’t want to see you upset anymore, and I don’t wanna be upset anymore either,” you cried. You could see the relief on his face, knowing that you still wanted him. He picked you up, placing you right beside him. He scooted as close to you as he could. “I love you,” he whispered. You felt a weight had been lifted off of your shoulder, and you finally felt happy again. 

Riker held you close all night, never letting go. In fact, he did this every night. That was such a wake up call for both of you. You knew that you didn’t want to be without him, and you made more of an effort. He asked you out on a movie date, and you walking in, hand in hand. “What do you want to see?” he asked. You smiled at him before giving him an answer. “Knew it!” he yelled excitedly. “Yeah, how?” you giggled at him. “Because I knew you’d pick the romantic one!” he said, proud of his answer. “Well we don’t have to watch that,” you said. “I don’t mind, I’m happy being wherever you are,” he said smiling down at you. In that moment, you finally felt the spark again. The thing that attracted him to you. You felt safe, just being with him, and not having to worry. You loved playfully arguing, and not like the other times. This was what made you and Riker great together, and you would never that slip away. “I love you,” you said softly to him. “That was random. But I was thinking the same thing about you anyway,” he said honestly. You laughed, hugging him to you. “I love you Kaeley. Forever,” he said.