Riker Imagine

Lately, your boyfriend Riker hadn’t been spending much time with you. He was always disappearing, not answering his phone, and just acting different. You tried questioning him about, asking him what was up, and he turned the whole thing around on you, “Don’t be weird,” he said. You were kind of angry that he didn’t want anything to do with you, but decided to ignore your gut feeling. You were laying with him on the couch one day, and as he went upstairs to shower, you snooped through his phone. There were over 1,000 texts to some girl named Ashley? ‘Is he cheating on me?’ you wondered. You heard Riker coming down the stairs, so you turns his phone off, throwing it back onto the table. You turned around, making sure he hadn’t seen you snooping. “Hey, where are the towels?” It took you a minute to respond, probably because you were already paranoid. “Um, I think there on the Washer,” you replied, trying to act cool. “Oh thanks. Whoops! Almost forgot my phone. I was gonna listen to music in the shower,” he said before grabbing his phone, and giving you a small kiss. 

'What if he knows? Did he see me? Oh god, what did I do?' were the questions running through your head. Then, you thought back to the girl you found in his phone; Ashley. 'Who is she. Could Riker be cheating?' you wondered. You couldn't stop the thoughts buzzing around in your head. You never would have thought he could ever do something like that, but now, it looked like the odds weren't in his favor. You sulked around, until you heard footsteps coming down the stairs. You tried acting as natural as possible, faking a smile as he walked in. “Hey babe. I'm going out for a bit. Love you Syd,” he called out. “Wait, where are you going? It's a little late isn't it?” you asked trying not to be suspicious; after all, you didn't know anything for sure yet. “Yeah, but the guys want to go hangout tonight. That okay?” he asked. “Yeah sure…” you said as you watched him walk out the door again. 

You tried to let everything slip, you gave Riker the benefit of the doubt. You wouldn’t let this little thing get the best of you, so you ignored it. The next day as you two were eating breakfast together, you tried to bring up casual conversation. “So, my birthday’s tomorrow,” you said flashing a smile. “Oh yeah. I guess it is. I must have forgot,” he said shoving a pancake bit into mouth. “Oh…” you said, trying not to sound hurt. He forgot your birthday. First Ashley, and now he forgets your birthday?! Maybe he was cheating on you… Again, Interrupting your thoughts, the door bell started to ring. Riker jumped up, checking to see who it was. As he left for the door, you snatched his phone up from the table. You went straight for Ashley. You read through the last text, “Yeah. Meet me there tomorrow at 8:30, we wanna be there early!” from Ashley. So he was cheating! And you were going to be the one to catch him to do it!

You had the plan all figured out. You were going to follow him around tomorrow night, trying to spot the two together! As you heard the front door shut, you put his phone back onto the table. 

~The next day~

Riker handed you a piece of paper with an address on it. “Hey Sydney?! he asked, “meet me here at 9:30 okay?” He walked out of the door before you even got the chance to reply. You wondered if he was going to break up with you, or just trying to score two dates in one night. Either way, you were going to be there early!

It came time to go find Riker, and you were already so nervous. Your stomach was in knots, but you got in your car anyway. You headed for this address, and when you got there 2 hours early, Riker’s car was already there. “I knew it!” you mumbled to yourself. You were at a large building, with many cars around as well. Riker had never even brought you here, so you wondered how he found the place. You snuck in through the entrance, keeping your eye out in case you saw Riker. One of the employees walked up to you, “Do you need anything Miss? Or are you here for the birthday party?” “Um, who’s birthday party is it exactly?” you asked. “Let me see here, Oh! Miss Sydney!” he replied. Oh no. This was your birthday party! Oh god. “Oh thank you Sir. I’ll just be leaving now,” you said. This whole thing was a setup, Riker was just trying to surprise you! You felt like such a terrible girlfriend now. Your boyfriend tries to do something nice for you, and then you end up thinking he’s cheating! You moved quickly, trying to find the exit, running away as fast as you could, before Riker saw you and ruined the surprise. As you turned around, Riker was standing there. Your eyes got real big, and so did his! “Sydney! What are you doing here! Your 2 hours early!” “Um long story…” you mumbled. 

You then told Riker the entire story about how you thought he had cheated, and how terrible you felt about it. “Well, that’s what you get for my trusting me!” he said with a cheeky grin.  You were kind of happy he wasn’t upset about, but was still in complete shock. “Also for being paranoid,” he added. 

Your night ended up being great, despite what you thought it would be. Riker had managed to throw you an entire birthday party, with all of your friends and family. You both had fun dancing the whole night. “Thank you again Riker. And I’m still really sorry about earlier,” you shouted over the music. “It’s OK. I forgive you,” he said giving you a special birthday kiss.