Riker Imagine

You had been best friends with Rydel for years, and her birthday was coming close.  You knew you had wanted to do something really special, so when Riker approached you, asking you to help plan a surprise party for her, you jumped at the idea! You had a crush on Riker for a year now, and you loved hanging out with him! “I was thinking that maybe you could say you were taking her to dinner or something, and then bring her to the party instead,” he said, excited. “Yeah! Of course, that would be perfect,” you replied back, “Where’s the party?” He looked up from the stack of papers, “I’m not really sure yet… Have any ideas?” he asked. “There’s really cool venue in the middle of town, it has a stage, and a dance floor,” you suggested. “That sounds awesome! Is it enough for a bunch of people though? I want it to be a huge party!” he said motioning with his hands. You started laughing at how excited he was to surprise Rydel, “Yeah, It’s pretty big!” “Awesome!” he said with the biggest smile on his face. 

For the next few weeks, you and Riker were always hanging out together; still planning. You already had all of her other friends invited, song playlist picked out, and had already checked out the venue. Everything was perfect, and it was surprisingly easy to keep this a secret from Rydel. At first, you and Riker were sort of timid around each other, but now, you guys got along like you had been best friends for years. 

You were at ‘Party City,’ looking at a few decorations. Riker was definitely going full out on Rydel’s surprise! You and him went into the third aisle, looking for streamers. No streamers, but there were funny party hats and costumes. Riker grabbed a funny looking, over-the-top pink hat with lace and pink boas hanging off of it. He struck a funny pose, “Does this look too ‘diva’?” he said in a funny accent. You busted out laughing, then covered your mouth, trying to keep it down. “No, I think it looks really good on you,” you giggled at him. After you finished trying on different hats, you got serious, and search for the decorations. .

It was the night before the party, and you and Riker grabbed the decorations, and drove to the venue. You helped each other hang them around, but honestly, it look longer than it should because you two were goofing off again, like always! The next day, you had everything set and ready for the party. You picked Rydel up and drove her to ‘dinner.’ “This is going to be so fun!” she yelled excitedly. “I know! I promise, this will be the best birthday ever!” you said to her. You pulled over to the side off the road. “Rydel, here, put this on,” you ordered. “You want me to put on a blindfold?” she asked. “Yep, it’s a surprise! Just trust me!” you responded. “Umm okay…” she said, putting in around her eyes. 

After about five minutes, you pulled into the venue. “Can I take this off now?” she asked. “Not yet,” you replied. You walked over to her side of the car, and opened her door, watching Riker come over. He grabbed one side, and you grabbed the other, helping her walk inside. When you got in, you took off the blindfold and watched as her eyes got big! “Surprise,” everyone said together.  She took a large step back, and jumped, startled. “Oh my god, you guys!” she yelled at you. She hugged both of you, thanking you as well. She walked off, saying hello to all of the guests. “I guess we did a good job,” Riker said smiling at you. “Yes, we di-” Riker cut you off, crashing his lips against yours. He pulled away for air, “Oh my god- I’m sorry, I wasn’t thinking.” This time, it was your turn, pulling him closer, kissing him back. You both pulled away when you heard everyone in the room, “Awe! I knew it!” they all shouted. You blushed, looking down. Riker grabbed your hand smiling, pulling you toward the party.