Ryland Imagine

"I’m gonna go hangout with the boys," Ryland said, grabbing his jacket.  You sighed, "Whatever Ryland." He gave you a quizzical look, "What’s your problem?" he asked rudely. "Nothing, it’s just I haven’t seen you all week. I kind of wanted to hangout, but whatever," you said, annoyed. "I’ve been here all week," he argued back. "No you haven’t! You’ve been wandering off, and I never see you!" you shouted. This wasn’t going to end well. It was going to be a massive fight, and you already knew it. "Well maybe it’s because of comments like that!" he snapped. "Comments like what?! I basically just said I wanted to spend time with you!" you yelled, getting angrier by the second. "Well, maybe I don’t want to spend time with you because you nag like a bitch most of the time!" he screamed. Your mouth gasped open, and you were shocked. He had never said anything like that to you, and you could tell he already wished he could take it back. "Rachel, I’m sorr-" he said, but before he finished, you ran upstairs, locking yourself into the bathroom. 

Tears were streaming down your face, and you expected to hear Ryland trudging up the stairs to apologize. You waited, but he didn’t come. You heard the door slam downstairs, and his car engine start. You couldn’t believe this. Whenever he would say something wrong, he would at least apologize. But not this time.  More tears poured down your face, and you wiped them angrily, smearing eyeliner and mascara down your face. You really didn’t care this time, because you didn’t expect him to be back home soon anyway. Your mind was all over the place, and no matter what you did, you couldn’t calm down. You slowly unlocked the bathroom door, walking to the bedroom. You plopped down, laying on Ryland’s side of the bed. You cuddled your pillow, letting the tears fall freely now. You drifted off to sleep, the tears were too much. They stung your eyes, and the only relief came when you closed them. 

You opened your eyes, and it was much more difficult because they felt heavy, and weighed down. You sniffled, remembering the days earlier events. You sighed, getting up out of bed. You didn’t think Ryland really wanted you to be here anymore, it always seemed like he had much more important things to do. If he wanted space, you were gonna give it to him. You grabbed a bag from your closet, packing some of your favorite outfits first. You were almost done packing the first one, so you grabbed a suitcase, packing everything else. Next, you moved to the bathroom, getting all of your makeup, and hair stuff. Soon, you had everything ready, sitting on the bed. You slowly took the first round of bags downstairs, then walked up to get the rest. Again, you took the first load, walking them to the car. You placed them in the trunk, trying to arrange everything so it would fit. You heard Ryland’s car pull up, and stop abruptly. He jumped out of the driver’s side, and you didn’t look at him, for fear that you would break down and cry again. His footsteps slowly walked toward you, standing opposite you. He was carrying a bouquet of roses, that he soon dropped to the ground. “Rachel?” he asked sadly. You ignored him, walking back in the house, grabbing the rest of your things.

When you came back, Ryland was in the same place he was before, not even moving an inch. His face was shocked, and it looked like he didn’t know what to do with himself. You placed the last  bag into the car, trying to squirm around Ryland. He pulled you back, tears in his eyes. “Rachel please don’t do this…” he begged. “It’s not like you want me here anyway,” you snapped. Your voice was surprisingly strong, and he flinched at the tone. “I do want you here. Rae, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean anything I said, just please don’t leave okay? We can figure everything out, I promise! Just give me another chance because I promise I’ll come home more, I’ll do anything,” he pleaded, shaking. His voice trembled, and you almost gave into him right there. You hated to see him upset, even when he’s the one who had treated you so badly. “I can’t stay,” you mumbled, looking down. Tears were falling down his face now, which you had never seen before. This was the first time, and it felt like the weight of the world was around your shoulders. You knees buckled, and you propped yourself up against the car. “I’m not saying I’ll be gone forever… But you obviously need a break from me,” you finished, looking into his eyes. “I was just mad, but not at you, I promise. I said something I didn’t mean, but I don’t need any breaks,” he assured you. “Well, I think you need to figure out a few things… Ry, whatever is going on, it’s not right to treat me that way because of it.  You should have told me what’s going on, and you know that,” you argued. He stayed silent, thinking about what you just said. You took this as your chance to get into your car. You rolled the windows down, “I love you Ry,” you said, before driving off. He looked out after you, not moving an inch. 

~A Week Later~

You missed Ryland every minute of every day, and you figured now was the time to come home. You gathered your stuff, placing it back into your car. You pulled up to your house, sitting for a moment. You didn’t know if he would even want you there right now, but you missed him so much, words couldn’t explain. You crept up the sidewalk, onto the front porch. Somehow, it felt weird to just go in, so you knocked. You knocked a few times, with no answer. You hit your knuckled louder against the door, hoping he would hear you. You heard footsteps approaching the door, and you straightened yourself up, fixing your hair quickly. Ryland opened the door, looking like a mess. His hair was sticking in every direction, and his face was red. His eyes went wide, as he leaned forward, putting you into a bone-crushing hug. You were shocked at first, but soon, you hugged him back too. “I missed you,” you admitted. “I missed you too. So much,” he said, holding you tighter and tighter. “Ryland?” you asked him quietly. “What?” he replied. “You’re crushing me,” you teased. He pulled back, a small smile forming at the corners of his mouth. “I’m sorry,” he said. It stayed silent for a moment, and you took this as the perfect moment to take him by surprise. You pulled him in, crashing your lips to his. He was startled, but he still kissed you back. “I love you,” you mumbled into the kiss. “I love you too Rachel,” he said, playing with a piece of your hair. 

You and Ryland made up, and he helped you carry all of your things back inside. You tried hanging all of the clothes back up, but Ry insisted on doing it later. He pulled you to bed with him, holding you tightly against his chest. You missed all this, and you were actually glad the fight had happened. If none of that went on, you might not have had the chance to miss each other. Everything was so peaceful right now, and that’s the way you liked it. Ry made sure to tell you how much he loved you every five minutes, apologizing again and again. You two never ended up fighting much any more, unless it was over something stupid, like which basketball team was the best. You loved it that way though, and you knew that everything happened for a reason.