Rocky Imagine

Today was Rocky’s birthday, and you decided to get the kids together, and make him a dinner, with special cake! The twins Adalynn, and Aaron, were the oldest, they were 6. Then there was Aiden, who was 3, and then last but not least, there was Alexa, who was just 3 months old. You had just put Alexa down for a nap, and you called over the twins and Aiden to help you start dinner. They were so excited to help you like big kids now, and they couldn’t wait to surprise their daddy! “What are we making Mom?” Arron asked. “Turkey, Biscuits, Mac N’ Cheese, and potatoes!” you replied. “Yay! I love Mac N’ Cheese!” you heard Aiden yell. He was the most like Rocky, and Adalynn was mostly like you. Aaron is a good combination of you bot, but he was more on the shy side. “Okay, Aaron and Adalynn, can you mix the batter for the biscuits?” you asked them, handing over a spoon. They both nodded, before fighting over which spoon they wanted. You called over Aiden to help you, mostly because he was still to small. 

Aaron and Adalynn both continued to fight over who was mixing, and you had to break everything up, and finish it yourself. Aiden was upset that he couldn’t help, and everyone left the kitchen. You heard the TV turn on, so they must be chilling out there, leaving you to do the hard work. You finished mixing, and called in Aiden to help you put them on a pan. Pretty soon, you called in Aaron and Adalynn to help with the Macaroni and Potatoes. Aaron called macaroni, and Adalynn sighed, clearly wanting to do that too. “Guys, can’t we just all get along for your Dad’s birthday?” you asked them tiredly. “Fine, but only for dad,” Adalynn grumbled. She moved over to potatoes, and put in the mix that I had laid out for her. She stirred it up, while Aaron fixed the mashed potatoes. .He was already a pro at it, because Rocky and you had fixed it so many times. You wouldn’t let them near the stove, so they walked back into the living room, bored. Aiden however, stayed and decided to help you finish things up. Earlier in the day, you had already mixed the cake, placing it into the oven. You pulled it out, just when you heard the sound of Alexa crying. 

You went ahead, making her a bottle, and walked upstairs into her room. You picked her up, cradling her, before hurrying back downstairs, watching the food. After she ate, she was perfectly content again, so you laid her into her playpen for awhile. By then, the cake had already cooled, and you called the kids in to decorate. They had a blast, each getting a small area to make their own. Aaron had written ‘Happy Birthday,’ and Adalynn’s side said, “I love you daddy!’ Aiden had a bunch of scribbled, but nevertheless, you knew Rocky would love it. The food was almost all done, and you knew Rocky should be home any minute. You got all the plates ready, and Aaron and Adalynn each grabbed half a stack, placing them on the table neatly. You heard him pull into the driveway, and you went to retrieve Alexa, letting her into the party as well. 

The front door opened, and you went over to Rocky giving him a kiss on the cheek. “We worked really hard for you today! We made you a yummy dinner!” you said excited. You took his hand, leading him to the kitchen. The kids were already seated, waiting patiently to eat their food. “Daddy!” Aiden yelled, running over to him, hugging his leg. “Hey little guy!” he said picking him up. Pretty soon, Adalynn and Aaron started coming over too, wishing him a happy birthday. He grabbed Alexa, while you walked over, fixing plates of food. Everyone dug in, and Rocky absolutely loved it! Toward the end of dinner, you heard Aaron whisper to him. “We got another surprise for you too! Don’t tell Mommy I told you!” he giggled. “Hey! I heard that! You were supposed to keep that a surprise!” you said, pretending to be mad. “What? I didn’t hear anything?” Rocky said, trying to be innocent. Adalynn started laughing, and soon after, Aaron and Aiden followed too. 

You got up, pulling to cake out of the fridge. You had already put candles in, so you grabbed the lighter, making sure every one of them were lit. You started singing ‘Happy Birthday,’ and the twins joined in. Aiden had no idea what to sing, so he looked at Aaron sitting beside him, and tried to copy. Rocky laughed, noticing what he was doing. The song finished, and Rocky looked over the cake. “Wow! Did you guys decorate this all for me?” he asked them. Aaron smiled, nodding his head. Aiden was trying to get noticed, so he was jumping up and down in his chair, yelling “Me me me!” You cut the cake, giving everyone a piece. Afterwards, he gave everyone a hug, leaving you for last. He grabbed your waist, kissing you. You heard all of the kids, screaming “Ew!” at you, and you both turned away smiling at them. “Thank you guys for mt birthday dinner! It was so good!” he told all of them. “Wait! We have one more surprise Daddy!” Adalynn yelled. Her and Aaron, walked to where the hall closet was, and pulled out a box. They both carried it to Rocky, watching him open it. His eyes got big, as he was staring at the new guitar in front of him. “This is so awesome!” he said, picking it up. He put the shoulder strap on, playing a song. The kids watched in awe, and Aaron said, “Woah! Daddy that’s so cool! I wanna be like you when I grow up!” Adalynn chimed in, “Me too!” 

You finished off the perfect night, by watching Rocky play his new guitar. Aaron, Adalynn, and Alexa were piled around Rocky, while you held Alexa in your arms. She drifted of to sleep, listening to the lullaby that he played for her. You had the best day, and all the kids loved it too. Rocky made sure to tell you that he loved dinner, and his new guitar, about a million times. You were so glad everything ended up perfectly. The kids were all tucked in bed, and you and Rocky laid down too. He pulled you closer to him, snuggling up. “Goodnight birthday boy,” you said teasing him. He smiled, before giving you a kiss, “Goodnight,” he whispered quietly.