Ross Imagine

"Ugh, I have no clothes to wear anymore!" you shouted angrily. It wasn’t the kind of thing where you had a full closet, and you just didn’t want to wear any of them, you just honestly didn’t have that many. Most of them were torn, had stains on them, or just got lost. You were currently trying to save your money from work, keeping every little penny you could find. You were going to get a few new outfits, but you still had to save up for a long while. Ross came up from behind you, putting his hands around your waist, laying his head onto your shoulder. "I already told you to let me take care of it," he whispered. You sighed, calming down. "No Ross. I can save up. Just a few more months, I promise everything will be fine, I’m just going to throw some clothes into the wash that way I’ll have at least something to wear," you say, pulling away. He took your arm, not letting you leave. "Why is it such a big deal to let me buy you stuff? I know you would do it for me, so why can’t I do it for you?" he asked. "Because it’s different Ross," you said, trying to break free. "No it’s not," he argued back, "Just let me get you a few things okay?" "No," you said, your lips placed in a firm line. You left the room, and you heard Ross sigh. 

The next couple of weeks, Ross wouldn’t quit begging you to let him help. Each time, you would politely decline, and try to change the subject. You could tell he was getting flustered. but he would never tell you. However, you still could sense that he was upset. Tonight, Ross had asked you on a date walking around the boardwalk, and since you were off of work, you decided that you needed some cheering up anyway. He picked you up at 6, the sun just setting.  ”Hey gorgeous,” he said kissing you. “Hello handsome,” you giggled. You grabbed a jacket, heading out of the door. He led you to the car, putting on some music before taking off. About ten minutes into the drive, you noticed Ross was taking a wrong turn to the boardwalk. “Ross, you’re going the wrong way,” you told him. “No I’m not,” he said, smiling mischievously. “What are you doing?” you questioned him. “Just relax, it’s nothing bad!” he said, trying to calm you down. “I don’t like surprises, please just tell me where we’re going?” you begged. “Nope, just have to wait and see,” he said, smirking. 

It about 20 minutes, Ross assured you that you were almost there. Pretty soon, he pulled into the mall parking lot. “Why are we at the mall?” you asked confused. He didn’t answer, just turned off the car, going to open the door for you. “You need new clothes,” he reminded you. “Oh no! Ross no! I already told you no! This is not happening!” you shouted. “Oh yes it is! Too bad, might as well enjoy it,” he said, grabbing your hand. You tried pulling back, but he had a grip on your arm. “Look, just let me do one nice thing for you okay? You deserve it! You’re the best girl Liz, and you deserve this and much more. Please don’t complain, I just want you to have fun,” he said with a pouty face. “Well, we can have fun at the boardwalk like we were supposed to,” you argued back. He rolled his eyes, “You ARE going to let me do this for you! So like it or not, you’re getting new clothes!” he said, being stubborn. He continued pulling your hand toward the mall. You stayed behind him, walking sluggishly. “Oh come on Liz! You’re not excited at all?!” he asked, trying to make you happy. “I really appreciate you doing this for me, but I don’t need your help on this,” you said, putting your foot down. He looked upset, sighing. “Every time I try to do something nice, you won’t let me. You do nice things for me all the time, and it’s really not fair that I can’t be nice back! I just wanted to help you this once! Just one time! Why can’t you let me do that?” he asked sadly. You couldn’t stand the look on his face, he looked so upset. You hated what you were about to do, but finally you agreed. “Just one outfit Ross. I mean it,” you said, glaring at him. His face slowly softened, and he broke out into a smile. “Two outfits,” he said compromising. “No. One outfit,” you argued. “No, every time you argue, you get another outfit. Now it’s up to three,” he said smiling. “Ross no. That’s not funny!” you said, chasing after him. “Now it’s four!” he yelled. 

He dragged you into stores, trying to find something you liked. At first, you weren’t really into it because you felt so bad, but Ross was having fun with you, so you cheered up a little. Before no time, you both were laughing, having a great time together. He had a stack of clothes, that you just looked at, and he was ushering you to try them on. You let him see every one, and he would always be honest and tell you which ones he liked and which ones he didn’t. You tried on a pretty dress, and Ross eyes went wide. “I like that one. You have to get that one,” he said smiling at you. You rolled your eyes playfully, before going back into the dressing room. 

After all of your shopping was done, Ross carried your bags out to the car. “Told you it wouldn’t be so bad,” he said smirking. “Thank you Ross. For everything. You didn’t have to do any of that to make me happy, but you did it because you knew I needed it, so thank you. I actually had a fun time with you today,” you said, leaning on his shoulder. “Your welcome. I’m really glad you had fun,” he said, kissing you. You got home, and Ross urged you to put on all your new clothes. You sighed, taking the bag into the bathroom. You were halfway done with trying on the outfits, and you came out in the dress he liked on you. He pulled you over to him, and he sat you onto his lap. “Mmm, you look beautiful,” he whispered sweetly. “Thank you,” you said kissing him. “I love you Elizabeth,” he said, “Thank you, for letting me do that.” “I love you too Ross,” you muttered, laying your head onto his chest.