Riker Imagine

"Hey Riker, do you wanna wrestle?" you asked playfully. "No way, I don’t want to hurt you!" he laughed. "Oh come one! You won’t! Just wrestle!" you begged. You and Riker had been friends for awhile, and you definitely weren’t cliche about it. You two didn’t hang out 24/7, and you still had other friends, he was just really fun to be with, and you loved going to him when you needed his positivity. Sometimes it was really cool to get a guy’s perspective too. "Fine," he huffed. He stood up, opposite you. "You go first," he ordered.

You lunged for him, tackling him to the ground. He whipped you around, grabbing your hands. You tried to squirm free, but to no avail. You moved your foot, kicking his arm away, releasing one of your hands. Your foot held his arm, and you tried to unwrap your other hand. You finally set both free, and took a step back.  He laughed, chasing after you. He tackled you back, and you fell to the ground. He was on top of you, holding your hands above your head. “Do I win now?” he said, getting really close to you. You were mesmerized by his voice, but before you could think too much, you entangled your legs together, and he fell on top of you. You freed your hands, rolling so that you were on top of him. “Nope,” you smirked. He smiled, just watching to see what your next move was. You hadn’t noticed how close you both were, but you could spell his minty breath, sending shivers down your spine. You loved being with him, and you couldn’t help but feel a little more now. You tried to shake away the thoughts, but they took over your mind. Before you knew it, you leaned in, kissing him. He was too shocked to kiss back, and soon you finally realized what was going on. You gasped, jumping back. You got off of him as quickly as possible, and he soon got up too. “I’m so sorry Riker. I had no idea what I was doing,” you said, trying to apologize. “It’s fine. I should probably be going home soon though. Family game night,” he muttered, running his hands through his hair. “Yeah, wouldn’t want to miss that. I’ll see you later then?” you asked. “Yeah of course…” he said, grabbing his things. “I’m really sorry Riker…” you repeated. “Nah, it’s fine. Don’t worry about it. Um, I gotta go, see ya later,” he said walking out of the door. 

You plopped down onto the couch, rethinking the last two minutes. “I can’t believe I did that,” you mumbled to yourself. You closed your eyes, shaking your head. ‘He hates me,’ you thought to yourself. Your thoughts were taking over your head, and you replayed the look on Riker’s face after the kiss. And how weird he was acting after. ‘He probably doesn’t even want to hang out with me anymore,’ you thought. Mixed feeling played in your head, and you didn’t know what to do. You didn’t even feel that way about him. At least you didn’t. ‘No I don’t. Riker is my best friend! I really don’t know what’s wrong with me,” you shouted in your head. You had never had feelings for him, but it just felt right in the moment, so you did it. And now you regretted it… 

It’s been a week later, and Riker still hasn’t come to hang out. You texted him a few times, and every time, he would make excuses about being busy with the band. You sighed, throwing your phone into the floor. You tried to ignore it, turning on the TV. You were now an hour into the third Harry Potter movie, when you heard the doorbell ringing. You paused the TV, walking toward the front door. You opened it, revealing Riker. Before you had a chance to ask why he was here, he crashed him lips to yours. You were shocked at first, but you soon started kissing him back. You cupped his face, and he held his hands around his waist tightly, tugging you even closer. You pulled back, gasping for air. “What was that for?” you asked bewildered. “I just wanted to show you how I really feel,” he admitted awkwardly. You leaned in again, kissing him more than the last time. “I love you Emily,” he whispered into your ear. You stood back, shocked at what he just said. You didn’t think that you had even like him, but all this time you loved him, and didn’t know it. A smile was forming at the corners of your lips, before saying, “I love you too Riker.”