Ross Imagine

"Hey," Ross said, taking a seat next to you on the bed. "Hi," you said, trying to keep focus on your work. "What are you doing?" he asked. "Trying to finish this stupid assignment," you replied. "That sucks… I was hoping to actually hang out with you this time," he said annoyed. "I know I’ve been busy lately, but I promise when this is all over, I’ll be with you more," you said sympathizing. "Yeah, well this has been going on for over two months. Every time we ‘hang out’, your always working on something. You barely even talk to me when I’m here!" he shouted angrily. "Ross, don’t get mad! Sometimes I have other things to do, than hanging out with you 24/7!" you screamed back. "Well, if you don’t want to be with me, just say so!" he said. "I never said anything like that!" you yelled back. "Well you always have more important stuff do do, it seems!" he screamed. "It’s for school idiot! Believe it or not, I kind of have to!" you shouted back. He was silent for a moment, thinking of what to say. "I’m not an idiot just because I haven’t gone to college like you," he said quietly. He got up, walking out. "Come back here!" you yelled, "You know I didn’t mean it like that!" He didn’t stop, and he didn’t even glance back. He ran down the stairs, and you heard the door slam. 

"Great," you muttered to yourself sarcastically. This assignment was due before midnight, so you didn’t even have time to mope around. You went straight back to work, trying not to think about the fight you just had with Ross. You tried to write a few more paragraphs, before taking a much need break. It took you twice as long as it usually did, because everything you wrote, reminded you of Ross. You felt bad for making him feel the way he did, but school was a huge priority. You wish you could have easily divided your time between school and him, but it seemed impossible.  Every time he wanted to hang out, you had an assignment due. And every time you were free, he was working on the Austin and Ally set or band practice. You picked up your phone, trying to get him to talk to you. The phone rang three times, and he answered. "Ross?" you asked. Click. He hung up on you. That was the first time he ever did that, so you knew how mad he was right now. You tried calling him three more times, but to no avail. He didn’t even bother answering again. You sighed, realizing that your break time was over. You trudged up the steps, sitting on your bed. You soon went back to work, grudgingly. 

It was 4 hours later, and it was finally time to turn in your assignment. You worked hard, and you finally got it done; just in time too! You turned it in, slamming your laptop shut. You were so glad that was over! You were already so exhausted, but you decided not to sleep right away. You picked up your phone, trying to reach Ross. Again, he didn’t answer, it went straight to voice-mail. “Ross, I’m sorry for before. I’m just stressed out, and I can’t exactly quit college. I’ve been working so hard for this, and it means alot to me. I know that its hard for you too, and I’m sorry. I don’t like seeing you upset, and you know that. I love you… Call me back when you get this,” you said softly into the phone. Knowing Ross, he wasn’t going to call you back tonight, so you called Rydel. She picked up on the third ring, “Hello?” “Hey Rydel, it’s me Amanda,” you said. “Oh hey. Is something wrong? You sounds a bit down,” she commented. “Yeah, a little. Me and Ross got into a fight…” you mumbled. “What this time?” she asked, not surprised. “School… we said a few things we didn’t mean, but he won’t even call me back,” you said sadly. You told her all of what happened, and she waited patiently until the story was over. “You know Ross, he’s probably just out somewhere thinking,” she replied. “Thinking?” you asked. “Yeah, he always goes to the same place to think. It’s over by the beach, under the board walk,” she hinted. “That’s perfect! All I have to do, is go there and apologize!” you yelled excitedly. You hung up the phone, gathering up your things, and walked to the car. 

When you got to the beach, it was completely empty. Rydel said he would be under the boardwalk, so you ran beside, it until you saw a figure near the end of the water. You were still some ways away, so you started screaming. “Ross! Ross!” you said, running faster and faster. He turned around, looking at you. He got up, waiting for you. You finally got to him, and you were already out of breath, not being able to say anything. “What are you doing here,” he said coldly. A look of hurt washed over your face, and you gathered up as much air as you could to reply. “I wanted to say how sorry I was,” you mumbled. “It’s not like it matters,” he said looking away. “Ross, it does matter! I love you, and you’re supposed to love me, remember? Just because we get into one little fight-” you said, being interrupted. “No, that’s my point. It hasn’t been ‘one little fight’” he said angrily. “Things are just really hard right now. I know that they’re going to get better! Look, I promise that I will do anything it takes to spend more time with you! I’ll do anything! I can’t be without you because I need you…” you said, drifting off. By now, there were tears streaming down your face, and Ross stepped closer, wiping them off. “I’m sorry,” he said quietly. “Don’t leave Ross, please,” you begged. He stepped closer again, enveloping you into a hug. He rubbed circles into your back, “I’m not leaving. I’m right here. I promised you forever, and that still stands, no matter how many fights we have,” he whispered. You held on to him tighter, never wanting to let you. You cried onto his chest, soaking his shirt. “Don’t cry Amanda. Everything’s going to be fine,” he said soothingly. “Okay,” you mumbled. “C’mon, let me take you home okay?” he said pulling back, grabbing your hand. 

He drove you home, and you sat as close as you could to him. You were completely tired by the time you got there, and your eyes were stinging from the tears. He could tell, and he picked you up bridal style, carrying you to the room. He laid you down in bed, and you grabbed his arm, pulling him with you. “Please don’t go,” you begged. “Okay,” he whispered, pulling back the covers, laying right beside you. You held him tight, and he played with your hair until you fell asleep. “Goodnight beautiful,” he said, quietly, kissing your cheek.