Riker Imagine

You and your friend Riker were laying on the couch, watching a movie. He was really into it, not even blinking. You watched him for a few seconds, before taking a few pieces of popcorn and throwing it at him. His eyes jerked away from the screen, landing on you. “Hey!” he laughed, grabbing some and throwing them at you. You giggled, before grabbing a hand full and running. He got up, trying to chase after you, but the large popcorn bowl spilled all over the floor. “Oops,” he said, eyes wide. At the same exact moment, Stormie walked in. Her mouth gaped open, but she continues walking on. She shook her head, “Clean that up.” She walked away, and you were rolling on the floor, laughing at a very sheepish Riker. When you were done, you got up, helping him with the huge mess. You picked the pop corn up, piece by piece. You got most of it done, but there were still tiny crumbs on the floor. He went up, going to retrieve the sweeper. 

After the mess was completely picked up, you decided to turn your attention back to the movie. It was the most romantic scene, one that you loved. You wouldn’t admit it, but your eyes were a little watery. You held them back, clutching at your chest. ‘This scene was so well written,’ you thought. You felt Riker’s gaze pierce your skin. You could see him through the corners of your eye, but you ignored it, paying close attention to your movie. Soon, you felt warm hands around your shoulder. You looked over to him, eyeing him carefully. Before you could think anything of it, his lips crashed to yours. You moved in sync with him, clutching onto his neck, running your fingers through his hair. His hands were around your waist, holding you tighter. You couldn’t help but think how natural it felt being with him, especially like this. When you first started hanging out, you did have a little crush on him, but you soon got over it when you found out he had a girlfriend. And even after they broke up, the feelings didn’t come back. You didn’t think anything more of it, you were always just really good friends. Riker pulled away breathless, leaving you torn from your thoughts. That felt amazing, but you didn’t want to be the one to admit it. 

It felt like hours that went by, but in reality it had only been a few seconds. The tension grew stronger, and Riker looked down, blushing. He just looked so embarrassed, and this was the one time when you didn’t know how to fix it. Doing the only thing that you felt made since, you cupped his face, leaning in for another kiss. He was startled at first, but he moved along with you once again. There were no thoughts in your head this time, you just kissed Riker. Butterflies were swarming your stomach, making you feel nervous. And you weren’t ever nervous around him… until now. You heard someone coughing, and you and Riker pulled away quickly. Ross and Rocky were standing in the door way, eyeing you both. “Mom made dinner…” Ross said awkwardly. “Man, you guys were sure getting busy in there…” Rocky chuckled. Riker’s cheeks were flushed a bright pink, so you decided to take a pillow and throw it at the boys. “Okay okay! I know when I’m not needed!” Rocky teased, leaving. You sat there in silence, waiting for Riker to speak. You didn’t think it would happen, so finally, you spoke. “Riker?” you asked quietly. He looked up at you, “Hmm?” he asked nervously. “Did you mean to kiss me? Or -” you said, Riker cutting you off. “I wanted too… I’m sorry, I should have asked or something…” he trailed off. “No, no! I wanted you too!” you admitted, a smile playing at the corners of your lips. This time, his eyes lit up, a smile breaking out. He grabbed your hand, intertwining your fingers. “You’ve been waiting awhile to do that, haven’t you?” you giggled. He nodded, pulling you up from the bed. “Wanna go eat?” he asked. “Yeah, that sounds great,” you said, following behind you. When you got down to the kitchen, everyone’s eyes were on the two of you. Rocky and Ross must have already blurted everything out. Their eyes twitched to where you both were holding hands, and Stormie smiled. “I knew it was going to happen sooner or later,” she said, sighing in content. You chuckled, taking a seat beside him.