Riker Imagine

It was midnight, and you and Riker had just gotten into a heated argument, and you stormed off. Grabbing your jacket on the way out, you raced to your car. The door opened again, and Riker ran after you. “Nat wait!” he yelled, running his hands through his hair. Tears were streaming down your face, but before he could get to you, you started your car, leaving. He chased after you as far as he could, but you were already gone. You didn’t have any where else to go, so you decided you were going to your special place. You stopped into the gas station, grabbing a few of your favorite snacks, and playing a sad playlist in the car. You pulled up to the lake, grabbing your sweets on the way out. You walked over to the dock, placing all your things down. “Good thing no one’s here,” you muttered to yourself. You opened a bag of chips, chewing on them silently. You watched as the lake reflected the moonlight, and the beautiful night sky. It was peaceful here, and it always seemed to make you feel better. Just being alone, listening as the crickets chirped.

You already ate half of your food, and you were still in that sulking stage. You felt bad that you walked out of Riker, but you both needed time alone to think. The arguments were always over something stupid, but today you were mad because he never came home. He came back two hours late, and you were really looking forward to spending the little time you two had, together. He didn’t understand why you were even upset, because that was his job, he had to rehearse. However, that didn’t make you feel any better and you told him that you didn’t sign up for all this. You wanted him, and him only. Sometimes, rarely, you had wished he wasn’t famous, but you knew that got you no where. You stormed out after that, needing a break. You loved him, but dealing with all this is too much…

Interrupting your thoughts, you heard a noise in the distance. Everything was pitch black, and you couldn’t see anything. “Who’s there?” you asked, terrified. No answer. As it got closer, you started to see a figure come closer. Riker moved forward, “It’s just me,” he whispered. You breathed a sigh of relief, “Thanks for sneaking up on me,” you said sarcastically.  ”I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you,” he said, taking a seat beside you. You nodded, looking back to the water. “Look, Nat, I’m really sorry okay? I didn’t mean to make you upset, and I know that it’s hard sometimes…” he said, and before he could continue, you interrupted him. “No, it’s not hard sometimes. It’s hard ALL of the time. You’re never even around, so I don’t see why we’re even together if you don’t have the time for me,” you finished, sadly. Hurt spread across his face, “Nat, I’ll try harder. I’ve just been really busy with the band right now, but I’ll lay off a bit okay? Please, please just don’t go,” he begged. “I don’t want to ruin anything with the band, I just wanted you around more. That’s ALL I want! Is you,” you drifted off. He took your face in his hands, kissing you gently. “Ok, so don’t give up just yet. I want you to, more than anything,” he said, taking a stand of hair, and placing it behind your ear. “I don’t think I could give up to be honest. I love you to much,” you admitted. “I love you too Nat. I promise no more fighting okay?” he asked. You nodded, snuggling into his chest. You hugged him as tightly as ever, but he didn’t seem to even care, because he held you tightly too.