Ross Imagine

It was exactly a week before Ross’s birthday, and his family wanted you to pitch in this year to make it the best one yet. You had thought of a ton ideas, but couldn’t exactly decide what to do yet. Ross was currently on tour, and it was so hard not to tell him all your plans for his birthday. Stormie would call you every day, and set up more details. You were supposed to fly there and surprise him on his birthday, without him knowing anything. You couldn’t imagine how hard it must be on all of his family keeping this a secret, and there were definitely a few times you almost fessed up. 

You picked up your laptop, getting on Skype. You called Ross, playing the waiting game. He usually didn’t answer the first time, but he always called you back within 10 minutes. While you waited, you grabbed your phone, finding some new games to play, and after 7 or 8 minutes, you gave up, finding nothing. Interrupting your thoughts, a loud, shrill ringing came from the laptop. You picked it back up, answering the call from Ross. “Hey Mirah!” he smiled. “Hey babe,” you said right back. “I miss you so much! I can’t wait to see you on my birthday! This is  gonna be awesome!” he yelled. “Uh.. yeah. Well, maybe not this year…” you said, looking down. “Wait, what do you mean, ‘not this year’?” he said sounding hurt. “I just don’t think I can come. There’s some stuff going on with my family, and I just need to be here right now.” You could tell he was sad, maybe even a little angry, and you almost fessed up right then and there. You had to keep this a secret from Ross! “Your not coming to visit me on my birthday? You know I would drop everything to be there with you! What a great girlfriend…” he replied back sarcastically. His words hit you like a ton of bricks. He knew how sensitive you were, so why would he say that? It took everything you had, not to get mad at him. “Just never mind. Forget it. I have to go. Bye,” he said hastily clicking the end call button before even saying that he loved you.

You sat in silence for a few moments, not sure of what to do. The next week went much the same. Ross didn’t talk to you much; probably still angry at you. The flight to Chicago to see him couldn’t come fast enough. It had been so hard lying to him, but this is what you had to do to surprise him! If only he knew all of the things you had actually planned for his birthday… You definitely would make this year his best! On the morning of his birthday, you were on your way! You planned on relaxing the entire way there, but honestly you were just way to excited and you couldn’t wait to see his face!

~Many hours later~

It was 10 minutes before you were supposed to be signaled on stage! Stormie had to sneak you in, avoiding Ross, which was a difficult case! She already had the cake that you were going to be bringing on stage ready. Seconds ticked by, and then minutes. Soon, it was time to go on. Ryland left for the stage, “OK so everyone knows it’s Ross’s birthday today right?!” he yelled enthusiastically. The crowd screamed as loud as they could! “OK, we got Ross a special cake! Bring it out guys!” he shouted. You stepped out onto stage, making sure you didn’t trip onto any of the cords, ruining his cake. When he first saw you walking on stage, he just stood there. He didn’t say anything; just stood there smiling. You walked up to him, placing his cake on the little stand they had set up. Before you had even set it down completely, he tackled you into the biggest hug and kissed you. You pulled back and said, “you really thought I would miss your birthday?!” He just laughed and pulled you in for another kiss, making the moment really last. 

After the concert, Ross took you to his hotel and kept you close all night. You didn’t want to waste your time sleeping, so instead you talked all night, mostly about how much you missed each other. “I love you so much Mirah. Thank you for making my birthday amazing, ” he whispered.