Ross Imagine

You were currently waiting on your boyfriend Ross to come home from work. He was already two hours late, and you were starting to worry about him. You picked up your phone once more, calling him. It went straight to voice mail again, and you threw you phone onto the couch. Sigh. You and Ross used to be so close, but now, not so much. Lately, he had started to become distant. He was never home, and when he left, he wouldn’t answer your calls. The very few minutes he was with you, it was Maia this, and Maia that. 

You laid down in bed,  knowing that Ross probably wouldn’t be home tonight. You couldn’t help the tears that flowed now. You wiped each one away, only to be replaced with new ones. You curled yourself into a ball and laid there thinking about Ross. You kept asking yourself what do you think he’s doing, where is he, but you knew this wouldn’t get you anywhere. You suddenly heard sluggish footsteps up the stairs, and tried to wipe away any evidence that you had been crying. Ross opened the door, and kicked his shoes off. “What’s wrong with you?” he asked. “Why don’t you take a wild guess,” you snapped at him. “What’s your problem today? I really don’t wanna come home, and have to deal with you being a baby,” he said harshly. “Then don’t come home at all! Why don’t you go find Maia. I’m sure she’d be really glad to help you!” you screamed at him. “What the hell is that supposed to mean?” he yelled right back. “Well, it just seems like you’re always ditching me for her! You’re never here anyway, your working, or with Maia! You don’t even try anymore,” you drifted off. “It’s not like I do it on purpose. She’s my friend! And friends hang out!” he said angrily. “Since when do ‘friends’ hangout and talk more than with your girlfriend?!” you shouted. 

Ross didn’t even bother responding to you, he grabbed his shoes and left. You heard him running down the stairs, and then slamming the front door behind him. You started screaming at nothing, with tears falling down your face. You cried for hours, finally falling asleep. You awoke the next day, your face puffy and swollen from all the crying you did yesterday night. You didn’t bother eating, you were too upset. You decided to take a nice relaxing shower, trying to calm your nerves. 

You finished up, and went downstairs, plopping down onto the couch. You watched TV for a few hours, not wanting to do anything today. You were in the middle of watching Glee, when you heard keys rattling at the door. You tried to ignore it, still paying close attention to the television. Ross walked in quietly. “Hey, Mirah,” he whispered. You continued to ignore him. “Listen, I’m sorry for last night. I really didn’t mean to ditch you for her. She was going through a tough time, and she needed someone to be there for her. I never meant to hurt you. I promise. I would never. I can make it up to you, if you let me, that is…” he trailed off. He pulled flowers out from behind his back, handing them to you. “Will you forgive me?” he said. You paused. “Just this once. Only because I love you, and don’t want to lose you. I can’t stand fighting anymore,” you said still sad. “I hate fighting with you too Mirah. So let’s not do it anymore. I love you. Forever!” he said smiling down at you. 

Ross sat down next to you, grabbing your face. He kissed you, and you surprisingly kissed him back. You really hoped this was the last time that you fought. Ross made a much bigger effort, and both of you were left happy.