Ross Imagine

You were out shopping with Ross and your 5 year old daughter Maddison today. She started school in less than a week, and she needed new clothes. She outgrew all of her old ones, so now was the perfect time. You were at the mall, in Forever 21’s kids department. Rydel always came here to buy her clothes, and Maddie followed in her footsteps. They were little twins, always hanging out. She grabbed Ross’ hand, dragging him to the dresses. You were looking at some cool graphic t-shirts, picking out a few. Maddison was 5, although when it came time to shop, she acted 16. She looked over every dress, from top to bottom. “Find any you like yet Maddie?” Ross asked her. She pointed to a bright pink one, “I think this one is very nice. I like the color pink, but I hate the ruffles!” she exclaimed. It was so funny to hear her tiny, high pitched voice, talking about fashion, but you loved it. 

"How about this one?" he asked her, picking out a nice yellow one. "No. I don’t like yellow Daddy. You do," she pointed out. "Fine…" he mumbled. It took a few minutes, but finally she decided on three that she liked, and she came running toward you, placing them in the pile. "Ooh, those look nice Maddie!" you said, giving your approval. She nodded her head, pulling Ross back to the shoes. It took another half an hour there, because she wanted some to match her new dresses. Pretty soon, she was all worn out, "I’m tired Daddy. And hungry," she said with a pout. He picked her up, carrying her out of the store. You caught up with him, looking at your already tired daughter. "I can’t believe she’s already worn out! It’s only been about an hour," you said laughing. "Hey, shopping’s hard work, isn’t it Maddie?" he said smiling. She nodded her head, not even bothering to speak. "Ok, she’s being to quite… Let’s get this girl some food!" you said trying to wake her up. Her little head snapped up, "Food?!" she shouted. "Yep, what do you want to eat?" Ross asked her. She pondered for a moment, before responding with, "I want Chinese." "Chinese it is!" said Ross. 

You all had finished your food, and were at the table decided where else to go. “We should go to the converse place. She definitely need some converse, right Maddie?!” he said looking over at her. “Yes! Mommy I want those! I wanna be like daddy! But I want pink ones!” she exclaimed. “Ok, guess we’ll try that next!” you said. You headed over there, swinging her between you and Ross on the way there. You looked around, but Maddison had already picked out which ones she wanted. She had two pairs, purple ones, and then her hot pink ones. “Ooh, I like those Maddie! Good choice!” Ross said, picking her up, carrying her on his hip. 

You were trying to find more stores with kids clothes, but Maddie passed a toy store and had to go in. “Mommy, I want to go in here!” she said excitedly. “Not today okay? We need to find clothes for school,” you said, trying to put your foot down. “Daddy, tell Mommy that I want to go in there!” she said giving him the puppy dog look. He bent down to her level, then looked over at you, “Look at this face. How could you say no to that?” He copied Maddison, making the same puppy dog face. “You need to work on not giving in Ross,” you said seriously, walking into the toy store. You heard Ross and Maddison yelling “whoo hoo” behind you. They scoured the aisles, playing with almost every toy. Maddie grabbed Ross’ hand, leading him to the scooter that she found. She looked in amazement, pulling Ross down to her level. “Daddy can I please have this scooter? Look, it’s pink! I would love it, and ride it all the time!” she begged. Ross looked back towards, you waiting for approval. “You have got to be kidding me,” you said. “We could all three get scooters! Family bonding time!” he teased. “Maddison, you don’t need a scooter! You haven’t even learned to ride the bike yet!” you said honestly. Her little lips puffed out, pouting, and her eyes filled with tears. She ran over to Ross, hugging him tightly. 

He looked up at you again, silently begging. He couldn’t stand to watch her cry, because she was a Daddy’s girl. “I really wanted that scooter Daddy!” she cried, her voice quivering. He picked her up, before you rolled you eyes, “Fine! But this is the last time we are going to the toy store!” you shouted angrily. Her face instantly lit up, and she broke out into a smile. Ross grabbed two scooters, one for him, and one for her. You left the store, waiting for them outside. You just wanted to get this day over with already. They both walked out of the store, as he held her hand. She was still in the best mood, smiling from ear to ear. 

You moved them quickly, taking them into two or three more stores. You got her clothes as fast as you could, trying to leave soon. By the time you left the last store, she was fast asleep in Ross’ arms. He laid her gently into the car, buckling her in. The car ride seemed to last forever, but you were so happy to be back home. Ross grabbed all of the bags, and you picked Maddison up, carrying her to her room. Just as you laid her into bed, she sprang up, “Where’s Daddy?!” she said confused. “He’s just putting the bags back baby. He’ll be in here in a minute okay?” you said, brushing a piece of her hair back behind her ear. She nodded her head, already falling back asleep. Ross walked in the room, kneeling beside her bed. He kissed her forehead, “Goodnight Maddie. Sleep tight,” he whispered into her ear. Soon, you both left, heading back into your room. Before you laid down, he put his hands around your waist, pulling you closer. “Thanks for today Bella,” he said quietly. “Mmhmm, that’s right,” you said teasing him. You kissed him, pulling him into bed.