Riker Imagine Part 8

You’ve been awake now for over an hour, laying uncomfortable once again in your bed. Riker was sleeping peacefully, snoring loudly. You readjusted yourself, trying to fall back asleep, when you felt a pain jolt through your stomach and lower back. You flinched, feeling the contraction. This was the first night that Riker had gotten some sleep, and you really didn’t think you should wake him up now. You silently got out of bed, walking downstairs. You turned on the TV, plopping down onto the couch. You didn’t think the contractions were anything to worry about, because it usually took a long while before you even needed to be at the hospital anyway. As you propped yourself up with a pillow, you felt another surge of pain, this time worse. You bit your lip, trying not to make a sound. You took a slow breath, trying to forget about the pain. You sighed in relief when it was finally over, and laid back down onto the couch. You flipped through the channels, trying to find something good. You eventually just left it on an infomercial, not finding anything good on at 3 A.M. 

It had been two more hours, and the pain was almost too much. When the last contraction ended, you moved quickly upstairs. You gave Riker a nudge, trying to wake him up. He blinked a few times, focusing on your face. “What’s wrong?” he asked, worry etched over his face. You held your stomach, “I’m having contractions. They’re really bad,” you groaned. He sat upright, grabbing his phone. You took a seat beside him, as he called Stormie. She didn’t answer the first time, so he called again. Her sleepy voice rang through the phone, “Hello?” she asked tiredly. “I need you to come watch the kids!” he said urgently. You heard her gasp, and she already knew what was going on. You grabbed your stomach, as another pain hit you. Riker hung up the phone, holding your hand. He rubbed circles into your back, soothing the aching pain. “Just relax,” he said quietly. You started up your deep breathing, and he was right next to you, helping. 

Stormie was there in about 20 minutes, and Riker helped you down the stairs. He sat you onto the couch, answering the door. Her eyes immediately flashed over to you, “You’re having the baby?!” she asked excitedly. You nodded, not wanting to speak. Riker chuckled, shushing her, “Ryder and Reagan are still sleeping,” he reminded her. A few seconds later Ryder came into the living room, stumbling over to you. “What’s going on?” he said, still half asleep. “Mommy’s having Readan,” Riker explained. His eyes got wide, taking it all in. You gave him a kiss on the cheek, “Go back to bed baby okay? Give Reagan a kiss for me when she wakes,” you mumbled. He nodded, hugging you tightly. Stormie hugged you goodbye, walking Ryder to his room. “You ready?” he asked excitedly. You nodded, grabbing your jacket. Riker grabbed your bag, putting his arm around your waist, walking you to the car. 

The car ride seemed to last incredibly long, mainly because the contractions were coming closer together. “OW!” you screamed, holding onto the side of the door handle. “Deep breaths,” he reminded you, glancing over. You tried, but the pain was too much, and you let out another scream. He eyes you worriedly, trying to focus on you, and driving. Eventually, you got to the hospital. Riker helped you walk to the front, supporting most of your weight. You were wheeled to your room, and you laid down onto the bed. Another contraction hit, and Riker looked over frantically at you. He didn’t know what to do to help, even though you had been through this two other times. “Just think about how excited you are! Think about seeing Readan,” he said, trying to calm you down. You let out another groan, which turned into a scream. He jumped up, hugging you tightly, and you buried your face into his chest. His shirt muffled your screams, and you held on tightly to one of his hands. He didn’t once complain, he just let you do whatever made you feel better. 

Three hours later, Readan was here in your arms. You were lost in his precious beauty, smothering him with love and affection. Riker kissed you softly onto the cheek, eyeing him. “You did so great,” he whispered. Readan squirmed in your arms, and you heard two kids yelling in the hallway. “Look who’s here,” you giggled. A few seconds later, Ryder and Reagan came in with Stormie. Their little faces lit up, both running over to you. “Whoa!” Reagan said, eyeing her new little brother. Ryder stood watching in amazement, “Can I hold him?” he asked nervously. You smiled, “Sure baby, take a seat here,” you said, motioning to sit beside you. “I want to hold him!” Reagan whined. Riker chuckled, “Hold on Reag, you’ll get a turn next okay?” he said, setting her onto his lap. You carefully handed Readan over to Ryder, and he held her gently. Reagan was extremely happy when it was her turn, “Look, I big!” she giggled, watching over him. You smiled over at Riker, but he was too busy watching the two kids gasp and awe over Readen. “Perfect family,” he said, taking a picture of the four of you. He leaned over giving you a kiss. “We sure are!” you said, enthusiastically. “I love you Kayla,” he whispered softly. “I love you too Riker! And Ryder, and Reagan, and Readan!” you finished. They all looked up at you, smiling. This was the perfect moment, one that no one could forget.