Ratliff Imagine

"Hey Ell, when do you leave for tour again?" you asked him curiously. "A month," he replied, diverting his attention away from twitter. You groaned, not being able to take the thought of him being gone. "What was that for?" he asked laughing. "I don’t want you to go," you mumbled, pouting. "It won’t be that long," he promised, kissing your forehead. You had what felt like a permanent sad pout, etched into your face. He quickly took a picture of you, before you could do anything about it. "Hey!" you shouted. He jumped up, protecting his phone. You got up too, running after him. "Delete that!" you said laughing. "No way! It’s cute! I’m posting it!" he yelled running into the bedroom, locking the door. "Don’t you dare Ellington Ratliff!" you said trying to intimidate him. "Posted it!!" he yelled. You stumbled downstairs, racing toward your phone. You opened up the twitter tab, looking for his tweet. There it was, a picture of you, with the caption ‘She’s sad that I’m leaving in a month. She just can’t get enough of me ;p.’ You couldn’t help but laugh, I mean, he is pretty funny. Soon, you noticed a new tweet and clicked on the picture. It was a pouty face of him with the caption, ‘I can’t get enough of her either :(’ You smiled, thinking of how adorable he was. 

You threw your phone down, rolling your eyes playfully. You ran upstairs, knocking on the door. “Can I come in now?” you laughed. “Maybe,” he replied. “Let me in!” you begged. You heard him move from the bed, and soon, the door opened. You hugged him tightly, not wanting to ever let go. “Why can’t you stay here forever!” you said giggling. “Because I’m in an awesome band,” he said laughing. You took his hand, leading him to the bed. He laid down next to you, holding your waist. “Y’know, it really won’t be that long. I’ll only be gone for two months, and it’ll fly by,” he said, trying to cheer you up. “Two months IS a really long time Ell,” you murmured. “You can come visit me, and you’ll be having so much fun, you won’t even know that I’m gone,” he teased. “No, YOU will be having fun, and YOU will not even miss me,” you said, sighing. “Not possible,” he said, tucking a piece of hair behind your ear. You hugged him tightly, instead of responding. You fell asleep in his arms, not even realizing it. 

You woke up, not being able to feel Ell beside you. You sat up, looking around. Soon, you got out of bed, walking down the stairs. You found him in the kitchen making dinner. “Why are you doing all this?” you asked curiously. “For you my darling,” he said in a funny accent. You chuckled, before taking a seat on the counter. You watched as he fixed dinner, noticing the faces he made when he was concentrating. You laughed quietly, and he looked over to find the source of your amusement. “What?” he asked smiling. “Nothing, I’m just watching you cook,” you said laughing again. “Oh so it’s funny?” he asked you, before he picked you up from the counter. He held you over his shoulder, and carried you to the living room. He dropped you onto the couch, before leaning over you. “You can’t laugh at me while I’m cooking! It takes great concentration and talent!” he said mocking cooking shows from the TV. “I wasn’t laughing at you,” you lied, a small smile forming at the corners of your mouth. He huffed, before speaking. “I do not need zis! I need peace and quiet!” he said in a french accent. He did a dramatic pose, before walking back into the kitchen. By this time, you were laughing so hard, your stomach was hurting. 

In a few moments, he came back, extending his hand. You grabbed it, and he led you into the kitchen. He pulled out your seat for you, and you gladly took it. He placed a plate in front of you, and bowed. You laughed, as he sat down next to you. You ate your food, thanking him. “I’m really gonna miss you y’know,” he said seriously. You sighed, “I know. I’m gonna miss you too. I mean, who else is going to be here to make me laugh, and to cheer me up, and to cuddle,” you asked him. “You can call  me whenever you need cheering up,” he said, leaning on your shoulder. You both finished eating, and put your plates up. Ellington took you into the living room, putting in one of your favorite movies, and you snuggled up on the couch. About halfway through the movie, you looked over, and Ell was asleep on your shoulder. You chuckled, kissing him on the cheek. ‘Goodnight, I love you,” you whispered. He stirred in his sleep, before smiling. You knew that those two months were definitely going to be hard, but he was only a phone call away. You tried not to think about it, so you just hugged him tighter, falling asleep with him.